Waiting For The Spring Thaw in Randooomdadoooom. Can I get a Amen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just cleaned Lily's bathroom and the cleaning spray plus the powder stuff that we put in her litter box gave me one awful headache. This is what my head is currently doing :heart::angry:

My head is throbbing too, so I feel your pain :hug: . I think it's related to the tooth again, it's on that side of my head.

Good news is that I did not get picked for a jury :up:. The case I was interviewed for was a rape/robbery/assault/kidnapping one, so I'm really glad I didn't have to sit through that :yikes:

I just searched for him on the local news site and it turns out he had previously escaped :yikes: x 2

Hillsborough Deputy Played Cards While Inmate Plotted Escape: IA Report

Sorry about your heads......................and the tooth issues :(
Your little criminal sounds like scum of the earth :happy::crack:

Our phone isn't working again :|

Spent the day mostly in the stockroom. It is better than it was but still needs work ~ BIG TIME.

I def. gotta make a appt. to see the orthopedic dr. after inventory. Hopefully employment and insurance are still around.

I just went "friend" w/ the request on FB.
I still don't totally remember who this is. I went w/ it cuz J has her as a friend.
I just reaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly don't want to get involved w/ class reunions. Those I don't participate in. End of story.

He probably is. He still wouldn't like me :macdevil:
I honestly wish I hadn't spent the $ on the boxed set of NLOTH and just got the NLOTH CD. The best tunes on NLOTH for me, the ones I listen to regularly, White As Snow and Moment of Surrender. Magnificent on certain days when it hits right is another.

:shrug:

That being said, I also don't listen to Mr. Springsteen's newest too often either. Kingdom of Days is sweet (it actually is a favorite of my father, so I think I like it for that reason. I got my father to like something Springsteen :cute:; I have never pulled that off w/ anything U2 ). What Love Can Do and Last Carnival ( tribute to Danny) and The Wrestler (This better win a Grammy :madwife: ) are the 3 I listen to the most. Working on a Dream I don't care for at all on the CD; live it isn't half bad. Still not a fave, but better.

I def. gotta make a appt. to see the orthopedic dr. after inventory. Hopefully employment and insurance are still around.

:yikes: I hope all of that is around for you. I've been through too many lay off stories with family and friends the past few years. 2010 has to be lay off free!!!!

Head is better. I had to meet my mom at my grandpa's with some of the Vikings bday cake. She brought him Arby's for dinner. My aunt brought him a deli sandwich for lunch. All of his favorite things on his 95th birthday! Of course he didn't want any of the cake but managed to eat a small box of chocolate one of our friends gave him yesterday. Somewhere in between the litterbox and coming home, Advil kicked in.

Today is the start of winter walking! It's treadmill time. I wanted to start last month but I was so tired from working extra that I just couldn't. I'm going to start tonight for a half hour and then make my way up to an hour. Of course walking on a treadmill for an hour, even a half hour, seems like an eternity while walking 3 miles around a lake in 50 minutes feels like 5 minutes. It's not even the weight issue; I just miss walking around the lakes so bad that this will help me get by until sometime in April when I can get back to my happy, peaceful place.

My student starts on Wednesday. I CANNOT wait!!!!! I'm going to spend a few days training him in and then I'm going to clean and organize the pastry shop from top to bottom while he's baking away. I'm also going to redo the entire baking book and mini pastry menu. I'm soooo excited. I've been waiting since I started almost 2 months ago for this guy to start. :love:

And Shari....looking back at a comment you made yesterday about the football thread, I agree. It's not a place to go in. Some of the comments are totally laughable because they just aren't true. Of course you and I are on different sides of the conversation but I still think it's best if I stay away.....

treadmill.....30 min = 1.5 miles. So I'm pretty much on track from where I left off. My lake is exactly 3 miles and depending on if I'm with someone or walk alone (no talking!) I can get around it in 50-60 minutes.

Springsteen just came off what was pretty much a 2 year tour and the rumors are starting to float that he will go out solo, soon.
Um, no, please. I'd like to pay off bills and save $, thank you very much Bruce.

I LOVE the cake that was made on tonight's episode of Cake Boss for Buddy's relative. I really like the different shapes of layers. I would like to learn more about the art of wedding cakes but I really do not like building cakes. Decorating yes, building is a pain.

19767_227929383836_581858836_320273.jpg

From the FB Cake Boss photos^
Those are too cute!

I just did something completely freeing....I took all of my old office clothes and shoes and put them in bags for goodwill. I found a bag of old shoes in the back of my closet that I never brought with me in any of my moves over the past 5 years. See ya! I also gave away a bunch of LE shirts that I got for practically free that I had to wear when working there. Not my style. Don't want them, don't need them. If you were to see my closet now you'd wonder what I got rid of because it's still packed. I have boxes of stuff I don't want in my storage unit. Hopefully one day I'll have my own place again and can use this stuff :happy: I started school 3 years ago this week (so hard to believe!) so that means most of the stuff, besides the LE stuff, has been sitting in my closet for 3 years. Time to move on. Never going to work in an office ever again! I love what I do way too much to ever give it up.

I just did something completely freeing....I took all of my old office clothes and shoes and put them in bags for goodwill. I found a bag of old shoes in the back of my closet that I never brought with me in any of my moves over the past 5 years. See ya! I also gave away a bunch of LE shirts that I got for practically free that I had to wear when working there. Not my style. Don't want them, don't need them. If you were to see my closet now you'd wonder what I got rid of because it's still packed. I have boxes of stuff I don't want in my storage unit. Hopefully one day I'll have my own place again and can use this stuff :happy: I started school 3 years ago this week (so hard to believe!) so that means most of the stuff, besides the LE stuff, has been sitting in my closet for 3 years. Time to move on. Never going to work in an office ever again! I love what I do way too much to ever give it up.
Deserves to be quoted.
That post made me smile :)

So another HS classmate connected w/ me on FB.........................if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em

Another early and long day tomorrow. Thank goodness inventory comes but once a year.

^said classmate from her FB posting is part of the Class Reunion set up :sigh:
I can ignore all the FB posts about that.

The little weather box on the computer has gone from blue to orange to red. Red is never good.
I would be very happy if I could take Advil, curl up w/ a heating pad sleep. Didn't sleep last night to well.............have that fuzzy, pre-migraine thing going on in the head. It is actually really kind of funky being on the new meds. Can tell they are trying to fend something off.

Sorry to hear of your cold snap, Kelly. That's got to be rough for y'all.

We're supposed to get anywhere from 2 to 7 inches of snow (depending on who you listen to), starting tonight and continuing through tomorrow. I wish it would snow so much that no one could go anywhere--as long as the electricity stays on! The temperature has been flirting with 20 degrees today, so it's probably warming up to snow. Come on, spring--but it's only early January. :sad:

Are they doing a good job fending if off?

The weather here is cold (for us) and it's lasting all week. Saturdays high is supposed to be 44. And true to form, all the weather people are freaking out.

So far yes, they are. I just feel very, very foggy while it is really trying to do its job. If the migraine pops thru, the abortive meds work better.

A co-worker was supposed to head down to Florida for her vacation and they decided to pass on it because of the cold weather down there.

Sorry to hear of your cold snap, Kelly. That's got to be rough for y'all.

We're supposed to get anywhere from 2 to 7 inches of snow (depending on who you listen to), starting tonight and continuing through tomorrow. I wish it would snow so much that no one could go anywhere--as long as the electricity stays on! The temperature has been flirting with 20 degrees today, so it's probably warming up to snow. Come on, spring--but it's only early January. :sad:

I'm not looking forward to this at all. They do pretty much nothing to the roads down here in Naptown (it's OK for the plow to actually touch the street, at least it was in Rhode Island...) and it will take me about an hour to drive 7 miles to or from work. I'm supposed to head down to New Orleans for a wedding Friday morning and between the potential weather here and there, I might be lucky to make it for the rehearsal and the activities after.

Spring now, please! :D

Does anyone have any polite ways of getting people off the phone when they're just mindlessly chatting at you and you don't feel like being on the phone but they already know you're not doing anything? I'm not a phone person to begin with and then I spend 8 hours of my day tethered to one...I just don't have the patience for mindless chit chat. Maybe I'm just rude and reclusive?

Back
Top Bottom