Volunteer needed to stream tonight's show!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Hi folks,

I just got an e-mail from gorman saying he will not be available to stream today's show, but he's left me very clear instructions on what to do. I'd attempt to stream it myself if a storm last night hadn't blown out my DSL modem (I'm currently on dialup).

So what I need is someone with high speed Internet, preferably using a Mac, who will be able to handle streaming the show. Gorman's left full details of what to do and it won't cost you anything to use Skype or any other technology as he's providing that. You just need to be knowledgeable enough to handle it and have a good enough connection.

Is there ANYBODY out there who's capable of helping? If you're a premium member, PM me. If you're not, e-mail me at amakaxver[at]gmail.com. And please do this in the next hour, as I think I have to disconnect my Internet then. If no-one offers in the next hour, my girlfriend may be around later to send on the details.

The reason I mention Mac is that gorman uses a Mac himself and his instructions are therefore for one, and while he states he doesn't know what to specifically do for Windows with the Shoutcast program, it should be easy to figure out.

Chizip, PM me and I'll send you the details and you tell me if you can do it.

Well, folks, I'm out for a couple of hours but I should be back for some of the setlist party. I hope Chizip streaming the show works out, and I hope the party is a lot of fun! :) I just really want it to work out for everyone and I'm so peeved I won't be here because of the stupid storm last night.

:wave:

ok i think i got it working, ill start the setlist thread tonight with info on how to hear the show

:bump:

Do we have a source for tonite? Fortunately the thread title will work for any night we are looking for sources. Two preferable - one for backup in case the first one falls thru... Or phone dies. Or has no reception. Or....

If we don't get a streamer for the show, let's at least stream some U2 like we did last night--that was fun. :yes:

I feel terrible about what happened at last night's show.
You all would have loved Bono's bizarre snippet of Humpty Dumpty.

For what its worth, I've got front row seats right behind the stage tonight, and I'm more than willing to try again, but I'm not sure if anyone would want to trust me.

Sorry.

Lila64 said:
:bump:

Do we have a source for tonite? Fortunately the thread title will work for any night we are looking for sources. Two preferable - one for backup in case the first one falls thru... Or phone dies. Or has no reception. Or....
I feel so terrible for letting everyone down last night.

I was so proud of my self too, for having two phones, so you guys would be able to pick whichever sounded better. Suffice it to say, I am absolutely furious with my service provider. The problem wasn't anything as simple as a poor signal or anything like that. They completely dropped the ball, and left all of you guys hanging. I'm not sure that I've ever been so mad in my entire life.

Suffice it to say, I had very mixed emotions at last night's show.

Anyway, I'll have one phone with a full charge at tonight's show.

Chris

cleazer said:
I feel terrible about what happened at last night's show.
You all would have loved Bono's bizarre snippet of Humpty Dumpty.

For what its worth, I've got front row seats right behind the stage tonight, and I'm more than willing to try again, but I'm not sure if anyone would want to trust me.

Sorry.

Were you supposed to be the source last night? Are your phones charged this evening, LOL. And did you give gorman your correct number? :hmm:

Cleazer/Chris - don't feel bad - we appreciate the effort. Sometimes things don't go as planned. Like last Saturday's show - the source didn't come thru, and I was able to hook Gorman up with u2wedge, and you had the underwater broadcast :giggle: No worries! :hug:

Lila64 said:

Were you supposed to be the source last night? Are your phones charged this evening, LOL. And did you give gorman your correct number? :hmm:
Yep, I'm the moron. I had two phones yesterday. One of them had a 100% charge, and the other only had about a 40% charge.

Effing Verizon basically nuked one phone (the charged one, of course). I wasted the entire charge on my other phone arguing with Verizon about trying to get my other phone to work! So I went from two done to none just like that! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have no choice but to literally toss my one phone into the trash. It's now worthless.

Luckily my other one tonight has a full charge, should I be called upon. I'm glad to hear chuck has volunteered too! Its funny that we're both in the front row behind the stage. :lol: (I'm in section 109)
And did you give gorman your correct number?
He should have my number, and at the very least I have his.

I don't know if Gorman is reading the posts, but I have instant messaged him the info Chris - again, thanks for trying!!! :hug:

Lila64 said:
I don't know if Gorman is reading the posts, but I have instant messaged him the info Chris - again, thanks for trying!!! :hug:

I'll be a last resort for streaming only. I'm in Sec. 119 Row G. and the phone will be on a belt clip. I'll PM lila64 the phone number.
USA calls only

Last edited:
The stream is up!

http://live.g0rman.com:8000 (open in iTunes or Winamp -- not your web browser)

We have 3 possible sources tonight, so there won't be a problem. Tune in now to grab your spot. The soundcheck will be in about 10 minutes!

I'm on! but in silence. Love the pre-show stuff. I can turn the crap radio off now! They gave away tickets a little while ago to the show, but I didn't win (for hubby and friends). And earlier they asked a trivia question - who made a surprise appearance at the Philly show. Pssshaw! (but wasn't the right caller :mad: )

:dance:

Radio Gorman - official DJ of interfernce :wink:

97e38fd0.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom