Vancouver 1 Setlist Bitch & Party Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bean_Counter said:

Something funny happened in Seattle while about 30+ fans waited for Bono and Edge to arrive. these two guys came walking by with some "Jesus Saves"
signs and one of them loudly stated something to the effect of "wonder if you will all line up for church" and something about idolatry. I think all of us were pretty shocked 'cause nobody said a thing, until after they were out of earshot of course. All I kept thinking was thanks alot man for making all of us other Christians look like a bunch of freaks. UUUGGGGHHHH!!

Hypocrites is all I can say. :madspit:

Bye Lila! Bye Angel!

I'm going to go to bed too. I feel like I'm coming down with something, and I have to work a full day on Saturday. So, I'd better rest up. I'll read the rest of this thread (which I started!) tomorrow!

Goodnight!

CTU2fan said:

I was a Philosophy major, but had concentrations in Political Science & Sociology...buy my politics weren't very popular on campus I can tell you.

Didn't we say no politics? :)

I'm in the process of choosing my major - I'm glad I deferred uni for a year! I'm thankful all the stuff I'm interested in falls under the banner of Bachelor of Arts. I got into the BA last year and they let me defer it a year, so while I don't start until February 2006, I'm still trying to decide my major now. I'm planning on having an academic career, so that's basically left me to choose which of the aforementioned three interests me the most and will be best for pursuing that career.

Diane L said:
Bye Lila! Bye Angel!

I'm going to go to bed too. I feel like I'm coming down with something, and I have to work a full day on Saturday. So, I'd better rest up. I'll read the rest of this thread (which I started!) tomorrow!

Goodnight!

Have a good one! :wave:

Axver said:

I'm in the process of choosing my major - I'm glad I deferred uni for a year! I'm thankful all the stuff I'm interested in falls under the banner of Bachelor of Arts. I got into the BA last year and they let me defer it a year, so while I don't start until February 2006, I'm still trying to decide my major now. I'm planning on having an academic career, so that's basically left me to choose which of the aforementioned three interests me the most and will be best for pursuing that career.

I was supposed to continue & get my PhD but that didn't work out...so here I sit with a BA in Philosophy...

popmuzik99 said:
When/what was your first exposure to U2. Mine was the mysterious ways video ( i think, or maybe One, lol).

I grew up on U2.

popmuzik99 said:
When/what was your first exposure to U2.

Surely it was With Or Without You on the radio for me. I remember vague snippets of U2 coming to NZ on ZooTV also... very vague, news reports and such.

Oh and I remember TVOne playing the One Tree Hill video.

Timewise I'm not sure how they sit.

popmuzik99 said:
When/what was your first exposure to U2. Mine was the mysterious ways video ( i think, or maybe One, lol).

Saw the Sunday Bloody Sunday Red Rocks video on MTV back in '83...been a U2 nut ever since :)

popmuzik99 said:

This is kinda going to be a PLEBA answer so forgive me in advance to all the guys out there, but when I was 14 I first saw the Unforgettable Fire Documentary and my little 14 year old heart fell in love with Edge. But then I realized that their music was so good.... something that I could relate to and I've been a fan since 1985. (Thanks to my friend Heather for forcing a Duran Duran fan to watch a U2 video!)

Maybe they will release some of their older concerts through itunes one day. I know how some people feel about ACC or MP3 sound files but I think it would be great. Did anyone by the Complete U2?

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom