US Politics XXXVII: hiiiii Kevin, I’m your biggest fan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
with the rulings on the supreme court over the past few years - starting with Dobbs and continuing through today... if the democrats don't keep the presidency, senate and flip the house in 2024?

yea - then we don't deserve to have democracy anymore. i don't give a turkey if Biden's 102.

this is an absolute gift for the democrats heading into 2024. if they don't run on it they're fucking morons.

"joe biden - yes i'm old, but so are a lot of supreme court justices"

with the rulings on the supreme court over the past few years - starting with Dobbs and continuing through today... if the democrats don't keep the presidency, senate and flip the house in 2024?

yea - then we don't deserve to have democracy anymore. i don't give a turkey if Biden's 102.

this is an absolute gift for the democrats heading into 2024. if they don't run on it they're fucking morons.

"joe biden - yes i'm old, but so are a lot of supreme court justices"
It's to the point where you start to wonder but if the Supreme Court justices have been paid off by the left to throw the election, LOL.

https://twitter.com/bobbybigwheel/status/1674789890930917383?s=46&t=7qdYZNgiKjw76N1iFrMMAw

A complete joke and the Dems have now or never to deliver. Talking like it’s 1991 and we all need to work together…no. The GQP do their own thing when they take power and the dems play catch-up, by the rules, and we’re left feeling deflated that all these rights taken away….won’t come back for generations unless major changes are done.

Justice term limits
Expansion of court
Ethical standards

And to go back to our ongoing saga of Trump nominee gooood vs baaaaad

In a two party system, you can’t win every election. Yes the Dems have won a few in a row, tho losing the house in 2022 (but guess counts a a moral victory).

For me and this won’t change, no matter how toxic Trump is to the country, i still believe it’s insane to have him within a 50/50 chance of taking over again.

So here comes the flood of shit from SCOTUS. I guess any place can deny service from gay and trans people now.

of course MSNBC asks the burning question about blocking student loan forgiveness - "Will young voters blame Biden or the court for this come 2024?" :huh:

Everyone knows that this righteous website designer has not actually ever been asked to design a website for a same-sex marriage, yes?

https://twitter.com/bobbybigwheel/status/1674789890930917383?s=46&t=7qdYZNgiKjw76N1iFrMMAw

A complete joke and the Dems have now or never to deliver. Talking like it’s 1991 and we all need to work together…no. The GQP do their own thing when they take power and the dems play catch-up, by the rules, and we’re left feeling deflated that all these rights taken away….won’t come back for generations unless major changes are done.

Justice term limits
Expansion of court
Ethical standards

And to go back to our ongoing saga of Trump nominee gooood vs baaaaad

In a two party system, you can’t win every election. Yes the Dems have won a few in a row, tho losing the house in 2022 (but guess counts a a moral victory).

For me and this won’t change, no matter how toxic Trump is to the country, i still believe it’s insane to have him within a 50/50 chance of taking over again.
That's not the point. People are always going to vote along party lines, but the reason why Trump gives Biden the best chance at reelection is that a solid number of Republicans, Independents, and Women simply will not vote for him. Where other GOP candidate, even if not as flashy, stand a much better chance because they're not Biden or Trump.

SCOTUS acting like this will just continue handing elections to the Democrats. Eventually judges will retire or die and be replaced, and we will get this fixed. But it’s gonna take a few years.

The damage from Trump will go down in history as a dark time for us, but we have nowhere to go but up.

I think any president, whether I like'em or not, has fairly wide executive authority.

Canceling or transferring half a trillion dollars in debt is a job for Congress to take up. Or not take up, imo

Who is asking for this? Hasn’t every mass shooter found to have domestic violence issues or charges in their past ??

Woah, woah, woah.

You know how biased the courts are against men. A woman can get a restraining order slapped on you for just the tiniest fucking things, and she really does get crazy sometimes and freaks out about nothing. Her insanity and liberal judges shouldn’t get in the way of your god-given 2A right to self-defense via AR-15 whenever you goddamn well choose.

Plus, gun sales will go way down if abusers can’t get guns.

So glad the Twitter Left is focusing their anger on … Biden … for not waving his magic wand and expanding the courts.

https://newrepublic.com/article/173987/mysterious-case-fake-gay-marriage-website-real-straight-man-supreme-court

"In filings in the 303 Creative v. Elenis case is a supposed request for a gay wedding website—but the man named in the request says he never filed it."

So glad the Twitter Left is focusing their anger on … Biden … for not waving his magic wand and expanding the courts.

The pressure needs to go towards Manchin and Seinma. Also NY for allowing someone like Santos to even make it into congress.

The Dems have plenty of talking points to lay out the stakes for 2024.

But i do worry that you’ll get some that think this is all Biden’s fault so why not try RFK Jnr!?!?

The pressure needs to go towards Manchin and Seinma. Also NY for allowing someone like Santos to even make it into congress.

The Dems have plenty of talking points to lay out the stakes for 2024.

But i do worry that you’ll get some that think this is all Biden’s fault so why not try RFK Jnr!?!?

At this point, I almost think RFK Jr pulls GOP anti-vax votes. The conspiracy-mongers are now all on the right. The Joe Rogan crowd.

ever since elon took over, the "twitter left" is basically the left equivalent of the talkU2 forums.

Last edited:
ever since elon took over the "twitter left" is basically the left equivalent of the talkU2 forums.

I get a good laugh over folks referencing 'Right Wing Twitter!' and 'twitter left,' as if either represents anything but extremes that the majority of voters aren't tuned in to.

We all find exactly what we want to find on the internet. It's always out there. Always.

I have a handle over on Talk U2. BluerWhite. Anyone else here have a handle over there?

"right wing twitter" has been empowered by the twitter algorithm for a long time, well before musk bought the company. it's likely that twitter more or less won the election for donald trump in 2016. even well after he got banned any time i ever clicked on link to a tweet in this forum to any GOP politician or right wing media person, i got presented with eleventy billion "More Tweets" underneath it that tried to reinforce whatever nonsense the original thing said.

who did "twitter left" ever get elected? AOC, *maybe*? and now it's basically dead except for the circlejerk and a few journalists who still post there for work reasons.

nowhere near equivalent.

Last edited:
I get a good laugh over folks referencing 'Right Wing Twitter!' and 'twitter left,' as if either represents anything but extremes that the majority of voters aren't tuned in to.

We all find exactly what we want to find on the internet. It's always out there. Always.

I have a handle over on Talk U2. BluerWhite. Anyone else here have a handle over there?

You understand, of course, that the fringe of the Republican Party is who is setting policy, right? You know that the base is easily led to ever more extreme positions based upon the latest grift, right? And that to discern what will be the pretty platform in 2024, this is exactly who we should pay attention to, right?

Your denial of exactly the kind of people you’re in the lifeboat with continues to amaze.

"right wing twitter" has been empowered by the twitter algorithm for a long time, well before musk bought the company. it's likely that twitter more or less won the election for donald trump in 2016. even well after he got banned any time i ever clicked on link to a tweet in this forum to any GOP politician or right wing media person, i got presented with eleventy billion "More Tweets" underneath it that tried to reinforce whatever nonsense the original thing said.

who did "twitter left" ever get elected? AOC, *maybe*? and now it's basically dead except for the circlejerk and a few journalists who still post there for work reasons.

nowhere near equivalent.

The Trump campaign in 16 definitely took full advantage of what amounted to billions in free media exposure. They couldn't get enough of him. Still can't. And of course he did use Twitter as a main tool, another free and accessible medium. Probably a big part of the reason why he was able to raise and spend a couple hundred million dollars less than the Clinton campaign and still come out on top.

Did you follow any of Matt Taibbi's reporting on Twitter management pre-Musk?

You understand, of course, that the fringe of the Republican Party is who is setting policy, right? You know that the base is easily led to ever more extreme positions based upon the latest grift, right? And that to discern what will be the pretty platform in 2024, this is exactly who we should pay attention to, right?

Your denial of exactly the kind of people you’re in the lifeboat with continues to amaze.
Of course he does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom