US Politics XXXIV: Biden Against the Manchine (Live at the Sinema)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From CNN Plus to OAN, why some media outlets are struggling
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/f...-some-media-outlets-are-struggling/ar-AAWd7ca

In a country seemingly divided between pro-Trump and anti-Trump forces, between those sympathetic to Joe Biden and those who believe he isn’t really president, between woke and woke-is-a-joke cultures, it’s getting harder to make a profit.

New media platforms are emerging, such as Substack, but these are either under attack by the old guard or beset by criticism from within.

The hottest media story right now is CNN Plus, the network’s streaming service, which is off to a terrible start. Skeptics questioned from the start whether many people would pay six bucks a month to see a slight repackaging of CNN’s existing on-air talent, plus some new features.

Fewer than 10,000 people are using the two-week-old service on a daily basis, CNBC reports. The budget may be cut by hundreds of millions of dollars, Axios reports, which would mean major layoffs.

.....As more papers beef up their websites after years of benign neglect, there is more online revenue to rake in. But aside from a few national success stories–The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post–many of the once-great regional newspapers are struggling. That’s why newspapers now tend to be owned by billionaires and cost-cutting hedge funds.

One America News network is in deep trouble now that DirecTV has dropped it, undoubtedly for ideological reasons. The ultra-conservative, pro-Trump network now has limited distribution, and the Daily Beast reports that many of its top staffers have bailed, some of them to work for Trump or his organizations.

.....Substack may have hit on the business model that frees some journalists from corporate meddling, or some other outfit may come along and do it better. But given the declining fortunes of newspapers, TV and some streaming services, it seems like a highly worthwhile venture.

https://twitter.com/tom_winter/status/1517694818041880577?s=21&t=MB2OOemuUAjEG6BdmFEI8Q

When you think we can’t get dumber as a species
….

Reading about the DC shooter from yesterday, 23 years old. Assault rifle enthusiast, posts to 4chan and made his own wiki that he updated just before killing himself.

Had sniper rifles and wounded four people from a high point in building.

Another report released this week that the leading cause of death in children are guns (for 2020)

https://twitter.com/tom_winter/status/1517694818041880577?s=21&t=MB2OOemuUAjEG6BdmFEI8Q

When you think we can’t get dumber as a species
….

Reading about the DC shooter from yesterday, 23 years old. Assault rifle enthusiast, posts to 4chan and made his own wiki that he updated just before killing himself.

Had sniper rifles and wounded four people from a high point in building.

Another report released this week that the leading cause of death in children are guns (for 2020)

A lot of people bought a lot of guns in 2020 and with more guns comes more gun crime and we are all less safe.

But NRA and GQP say we need more guns!!

I’ve always been an introvert so it’s easier for me to keep to myself and not really seek confrontation (not that I’d want it if i weren’t introverted)

But every day it’s more and more stories of people being shot in their car due to road rage. Fast food or department store workers being shot due to a missing side or ranch, a mask mandate, and whatever else pisses someone off.

Every time i teach a class, i prepare myself for some incel, jealous bf, or random unstable person to come in and cause harm. What to do, where to tell people to hide or unfortunately how we all have to try and disarm.

It’s crazy and all we’re told is either “this isn’t how we should live vs this IS the world we live in”

Kevin McCarthy Claims He ‘Never’ Said He Wanted Trump to Resign, Despite Audio Proving He Did
https://www.mediaite.com/politics/k...trump-to-resign-despite-audio-proving-he-did/

The man who is presumably next up to lead the House as speaker was not being honest, as the phone call he spoke about with Cheney was recorded and released on Thursday.

After the New York Times reported Thursday McCarthy wanted Trump out with fewer than two weeks left in his presidency, the California Republican disputed the reporting.

However, he told Cheney on Jan. 10 of 2021 he wanted to ask the former president to resign, per the audio record.

While discussing a hypothetical conversation with Trump, McCarthy told Cheney he would tell him “it will be my recommendation you should resign.”

McCarthy added, “I mean, that would be my take. But I don’t think he would take it. But I don’t know.”

Kevin McCarthy Claims He ‘Never’ Said He Wanted Trump to Resign, Despite Audio Proving He Did

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/k...trump-to-resign-despite-audio-proving-he-did/

The man who is presumably next up to lead the House as speaker was not being honest, as the phone call he spoke about with Cheney was recorded and released on Thursday.

After the New York Times reported Thursday McCarthy wanted Trump out with fewer than two weeks left in his presidency, the California Republican disputed the reporting.

However, he told Cheney on Jan. 10 of 2021 he wanted to ask the former president to resign, per the audio record.

While discussing a hypothetical conversation with Trump, McCarthy told Cheney he would tell him “it will be my recommendation you should resign.”

McCarthy added, “I mean, that would be my take. But I don’t think he would take it. But I don’t know.”

One thing we know about Kevin McCarthy is that he would never lie in order to suck up to power and humiliate himself in subservience to a bully.

One thing we know about Kevin McCarthy is that he would never lie in order to suck up to power and humiliate himself in subservience to a bully.

Yep, caught in a lie by Liz Cheney.

Apart from that, for someone who's risen so high in politics, he comes across as uniquely shallow. What's the next logical step for Kevin, then? The vice presidency?
:lol:

I was at lunch with the fam in Vienna and none other than Newt Gingrich and his stepford wife walked in. I'm happy to report that he looks like absolute shit and walked from the hostess to his seat with his tongue hanging out of his mouth.

Piece of shit.

Slow down you crazy child

Yep, caught in a lie by Liz Cheney.

Apart from that, for someone who's risen so high in politics, he comes across as uniquely shallow. What's the next logical step for Kevin, then? The vice presidency?

:lol:

I was thinking Elise Stefanik released the audio?

I was at lunch with the fam in Vienna and none other than Newt Gingrich and his stepford wife walked in. I'm happy to report that he looks like absolute shit and walked from the hostess to his seat with his tongue hanging out of his mouth.

Piece of shit.

Speaking of Gingrich, he's decided to weigh in on the McCarthy situation, because, y'know, why NOT continue to put his foot in his mouth, right?

https://twitter.com/newtgingrich/status/1518301731897200640

People are ripping him in the replies and it is glorious. Fuck off, Gingrich.

I really don’t understand why everyone vilifies Elon Musk. If you think corporate board rooms have your interests in mind, think again. I’d rather have the egomaniac, at least you can hold a person accountable.

I’ve defended him in the past as an example of good capitalism versus bad capitalism, and I’ll continue to do that until he does something so egregious.

I really don’t understand why everyone vilifies Elon Musk. If you think corporate board rooms have your interests in mind, think again. I’d rather have the egomaniac, at least you can hold a person accountable.

I’ve defended him in the past as an example of good capitalism versus bad capitalism, and I’ll continue to do that until he does something so egregious.

The big baby wants to use his billions to buy a company because he doesn't like how it's run and you think that's good capitalism?

The big baby wants to use his billions to buy a company because he doesn't like how it's run and you think that's good capitalism?

Oh come on. The big baby wants to use his billions to buy a company because it’s a platform for his ego and a platform for making his legacy. Any suggestion that he’s buying Twitter because he doesn’t like how it’s ran is superficial. Him buying Twitter is neither good nor bad capitalism. It’s just his ego.

But tell me, why didn’t we have electric cars in the 1980s? Is it because it wasn’t possible? No. It’s because it was a financial risk that corporations didn’t want to go up against because why bother when we can just keep selling the same product? Elon Musk can be declared benevolent dictator of Twitter l for all I care, if his contributions are better than the last group’s, that’s progress.

a man who inherited a fortune from his parents' apartheid gem mines and now literally hoards billions of dollars is an example of "good capitalism"...

Last edited:
The GQP and White House all worked together to overthrow the votes and Biden

Marshall ;) Law was considered to be declared

We are very lucky for the few in place that held their ground. Our institutions are only as strong as the ethics of a few working in the correct places.

Which is why Trump is trying to replace them at the State level

Electric cars and their growing popularity are good.

Trump back on Twitter is good for Democrats, actually. They need an opponent who is both malevolent and stupid as well as sloppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom