US Politics XXXIV: Biden Against the Manchine (Live at the Sinema)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I am wary of inspiring even more resentment amongst whitrs with no college, I think they canceling student debt is both correct and electorally smart, so long as the youngs go vote.

Mitt Romney — who has an elevator for his cars — posted today, and the fact that this idea annoys someone as wealthy as him proves they it is also morally the right thing to do.

We need to break the idea of “I suffered, so should you.”

I would say it would be fair if student loan debt repayment had retroactive tax credit. Perhaps for the last x years if you make under y dollars. Whatever makes sense where it doesn’t otherwise quadruple the price of student loan forgiveness.

I think the most reasonable solution, however, is an agreement that student loans up to x dollars are zero interest and deducted from wages at a minimum % value when employed, and not required to be payable when unemployed. Similar system exists in the UK already.

Forgiveness is a bailout. It has merit, but it does not solve the problem. We can’t do forgiveness without a solution or the problem will recur.

I would say it would be fair if student loan debt repayment had retroactive tax credit. Perhaps for the last x years if you make under y dollars. Whatever makes sense where it doesn’t otherwise quadruple the price of student loan forgiveness.

I think the most reasonable solution, however, is an agreement that student loans up to x dollars are zero interest and deducted from wages at a minimum % value when employed, and not required to be payable when unemployed. Similar system exists in the UK already.

Forgiveness is a bailout. It has merit, but it does not solve the problem. We can’t do forgiveness without a solution or the problem will recur.

agreed.

i'm against blanket cancellation.

i'm in favor of cheap/free state and local options for college. i'm in favor of increased funding for those institutions to increase their value.

tax credits? zero interest payments based on wage? yea i'm good with that.

https://twitter.com/newshour/status/1520077407398596609?s=21&t=GndYZmhPgpSrxcPxGolDtg

The Dems really struggle to get their messaging together and out there

David Brooks: Seven lessons Democrats need to learn — fast
https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinio...0220429-g7iapv3muvejnlta7fczbmzclu-story.html

It is possible to overstimulate the economy. ........Much of the inflation is being driven by global energy and supply chain issues. But, at 8.5%, inflation in America is a lot higher than in, say, Europe. Some economists estimate that the Democrats’ $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan added 2 to 4 percentage points to the U.S. inflation rate.

The country dodged an inflating bullet by saying NO to the gargantuan Build Back Better plan, thanks to a few moderate senators.
The rest of this NYT article is pretty good, too, as we fine-tune our messaging for the regular, uninformed folks out there.

https://twitter.com/mjs_dc/status/1521296185977417732?s=21&t=NBTJeyBZarz702Fb7EfmZQ

If Dems still cannot turn out to vote after all this madness and cruelty, then I just don’t know what else could motivate ? Even with the Dems being a bunch of chickenshits when it comes to actually running on their ideas once elected, we still have to hold our noses and vote blue.

Keep doing that and eventually DINOS like Joe M and Krysten don’t have the power they wield now…..and we could pass better, more productive laws.

It is so obvious the path this country is heading down, and these midterms might be the last chance at a off ramp. The GQP have told us for years in private and now out loud what they plan to do to this country and minorities

We have no more excuses to let it go on

Want to stay in the party’s good graces:
Lie about Trump winning 2020
Work to overthrow the government
Continue to make an ass of yourself
Get arrested for guns / airports
Speak at Neo Nazi conferences
Vote no against everything opposing party puts up
Be under investigation for sex trafficking
Have multiple sexual and physical assault charges
Insider trading
???

But to feel the wrath of the party:
Talk about cocaine fueled orgies

I’ve always wondered if we could fire a few missiles into Mexico and pretend it wasn’t us. Blame Canada

Believe that was from Esper’s new book.

I love how all these officials have kept this shit to themselves to make $

Couldn’t speak out. Especially about the election lies and plot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom