US Politics XXVII: Orange Super Spreader

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Sasse, what a profile in courage.

He can fuck right off with the rest of them.

But it’s what I’ve been saying for a while - you will be hard pressed to find anyone who will agree they supported the lunatic, especially if that’s what Fox News/OANN tell them to think. And I’m not even saying they’ll move away from his policies - they are too brainwashed to do so - but what will likely happen is they’ll say Trumpism is the right approach but that HE was the problem with the tweeting, the ranting and narcissism (ignoring that they enabled the worst of his impulses 24/7).

God, yes, I would kill to go back to boring. It'd be so, so nice to be able to go online again without wondering what kind of lunacy would greet me in the headlines.

I do like how Biden's answering the questions, going into detail and acknowledging the nuances of the situations involved.

Ben Sasse, what a profile in courage.

He can fuck right off with the rest of them.

But it’s what I’ve been saying for a while - you will be hard pressed to find anyone who will agree they supported the lunatic, especially if that’s what Fox News/OANN tell them to think. And I’m not even saying they’ll move away from his policies - they are too brainwashed to do so - but what will likely happen is they’ll say Trumpism is the right approach but that HE was the problem with the tweeting, the ranting and narcissism (ignoring that they enabled the worst of his impulses 24/7).

Yeah, I was just saying that to my mom earlier as well. If the GOP experiences a devastating loss in November, it'll be very, very interesting to see how they interact with Trump for the remainder of his time in office.

I also think you're right about how they'll frame their issues with Trump.

How Savannah Guthrie approached the Trump Town Hall is how every single friggin reporter should approach every last damn thing he says.

She killed it.

She was great at the beginning and end, just faded in the middle when she was thrown off by that “undecided but voted for Hillary in 2016” plant asking the most burning question on the mind of the voters in 2020: how about those low corporate taxes, eh?

Looks like about 3 times as many people watched Biden's live stream as Trump's. The Nielsen ratings will probably look different but yeah honestly I don't even care that much to watch Trump's. He's a known quantity at this point.

19 days, we’re in the teens now, and 2016 may as well be a century ago with all that has happened in the last 6 months, never mind the 3+ years before that.

There are a million reasons to give this fucker the boot but selfishly, what I want more than anything is to be able to wake up and not scroll through Twitter endlessly because of another scandal or another stupidity that has been said and is about to cost us all somehow. To not have to see his ugly mug anymore, hear his braying voice and self-satisfied grin, and the rest of his disgusting family, who among them haven’t put in an hour of honest work in their lives. Just have them fuck off and the rest of the world to get on with our lives.

I in no way would ever watch the Trump’s thing live. So anyone who did watch it, could you give a few high(low) lights. Not gonna see any of it until tomorrow on YouTube or something.

Looks like about 3 times as many people watched Biden's live stream as Trump's. The Nielsen ratings will probably look different but yeah honestly I don't even care that much to watch Trump's. He's a known quantity at this point.

Good. Let's hope that reflects in the ratings as well.

There are a million reasons to give this fucker the boot but selfishly, what I want more than anything is to be able to wake up and not scroll through Twitter endlessly because of another scandal or another stupidity that has been said and is about to cost us all somehow. To not have to see his ugly mug anymore, hear his braying voice and self-satisfied grin, and the rest of his disgusting family, who among them haven’t put in an hour of honest work in their lives. Just have them fuck off and the rest of the world to get on with our lives.

This times infinity :up:. God. Yes. Please let us have this.

One maga grandma got thirsty over his smile.

:huh: :crack:

Trump pulled out a YouTube screenshot of a Fox News infographic printed on a sheet of paper during the town hall.

This man cannot read.

The only thing better than the majority of today’s polling for Biden and other Dems, is that the Trump campaign finds themselves in the position, where the more their candidate is seen and heard, the worse things get. And he’s demanding to do 3 events per day for the next 18 days.

Sure.

He said qanon are very much against pedophila and he likes that.

One maga grandma got thirsty over his smile.

He pretty much admitted that the NYT stories on his taxes are true.

Savannah Guthrie called him out in pretty much all his bullshit.

She should have asked him to denounce the people who are still willing to vote for him.

I actually genuinely believe that Christie had a long time to think in the ICU and probably pulled a full on Charlie Crist and said “I can’t do this anymore” and decided to be honest.

That doesn’t excuse him and he’s not forgiven, but I don’t think his comments are a political pivot.

So a couple cool things.

1. In Colorado, a mail in voting state, 301,000 ballots have come in. That is a 2,377% increase from the same point in 2016. And no, I didn’t accidentally hit an extra number.

2. As if the actual town halls didn’t show enough contrast, after the cameras were off, Biden stayed for 30 minutes to talk to the people there and ask other questions they had prepared but didn’t get to ask.

I'm glad he survived covid, but Chris Christie is a hypocritical joke. Has been defending Trump at every turn about a pandemic, and about everything else as far as I know. Only speaking out because covid affected him. Narcissist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom