US Politics XVI: Where the record player stays on all night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Russia, if you’re listening
Hey Ukraine, if you’re listening
Hey UK, if you’re listening
Hey Australia, if you’re listening
Hey China, if you’re listening

At some point every country will be asked to investigate Biden

How is Joe not out there calling bullshit every fucking hour. Trump is going after his kid

Hey Russia, if you’re listening
Hey Ukraine, if you’re listening
Hey UK, if you’re listening
Hey Australia, if you’re listening
Hey China, if you’re listening

At some point every country will be asked to investigate Biden

How is Joe not out there calling bullshit every fucking hour. Trump is going after his kid

Yeah, his response has been weak sauce.
I get that he probably is hesitant to have to get into explaining how he and his son did nothing wrong, blah, blah, cause you open up the whole thing like Clinton where the email question just kept going and going.

But i do think that if he just went out as strong as possible it would be the most effective.
Too bad he's not.
He's now consistently second in the polls, and i don't see that changing. With Bernie out and giving people pause about his health, i only see it getting worse for him. Most likely still in second, but much farther down.

I mean, technically we don’t need any more hearings. All they have to do is show his interview on the front lawn today.

I mean, technically we don’t need any more hearings. All they have to do is show his interview on the front lawn today.

yep. I like the Dems want to move quick and be focused. But seriously we don't need any more.
I guess the only thing in keeping going is hopefully running into something even worse with Putin or something that would sway some Rep Senators

But this is why he could literally fucking shoot someone on the lawn or 5th Ave and get away with it

He's never been punished for his crime. He challenges everything in court, pays a fine, and then moves on.

He has his buddies in justice departments look the other way on him and his family.

So of course he's going to openly call for foreign assistance. He did it with Russia, and he's doing it again. He'll get even more adventurous the closer impeachment vote comes up, or even the election.

Another issue i have is what the fuck did Mueller do for those two years? Yes he had a few indictments but the only ones who seemed to be punished the most were the GRU agents (if they even were brought to justice). Manafort is still operating out of prison. Flynn turned out to be a joke, and then there's Roger Stone still doing his illegal activities.

All of these men have betrayed the country and nothing ever really happens.

How can there be hope when there's nothing to go off of?

You know what would make a huge difference, say all living ex Presidents come out together and call for Trump's removal. Carter, Bushes, Clinton, and Obama uniting for the country.

Other than Carter, why would they? Their lives are set up for the rest of their lives. Protection, health, and wealth for their families going forward.

But this is why he could literally fucking shoot someone on the lawn or 5th Ave and get away with it

He's never been punished for his crime. He challenges everything in court, pays a fine, and then moves on.

He has his buddies in justice departments look the other way on him and his family.

So of course he's going to openly call for foreign assistance. He did it with Russia, and he's doing it again. He'll get even more adventurous the closer impeachment vote comes up, or even the election.

Another issue i have is what the fuck did Mueller do for those two years? Yes he had a few indictments but the only ones who seemed to be punished the most were the GRU agents (if they even were brought to justice). Manafort is still operating out of prison. Flynn turned out to be a joke, and then there's Roger Stone still doing his illegal activities.

All of these men have betrayed the country and nothing ever really happens.

How can there be hope when there's nothing to go off of?

You know what would make a huge difference, say all living ex Presidents come out together and call for Trump's removal. Carter, Bushes, Clinton, and Obama uniting for the country.

Other than Carter, why would they? Their lives are set up for the rest of their lives. Protection, health, and wealth for their families going forward.

this is not that far off from if nixon went on live tv and flat out said "yes, i ordered the break-in at the watergate. also, i'm looking for someone else to break into another DNC office tonight to see if there's any dirt there too".

Translation:
In case i didn't already confess to impeachable offenses in the memo I gave you. I'm gonna double down here..

So he's literally doubling down on the guy who may not even be the frontrunner anymore. You can't make up this level of stupid. :hyper:

this is not that far off from if nixon went on live tv and flat out said "yes, i ordered the break-in at the watergate. also, i'm looking for someone else to break into another DNC office tonight to see if there's any dirt there too".

At this point, we have to think that he wants impeachment because he believes it will motivate his base next fall. He can spend a year complaining about how the elites tried to overturn a legitimate election. Since 2018 racist “caravan invasion” didn’t work, I guess he’s trying this? He knows he’s fucked. So double-down.

Where it gets interesting — because he will be impeached by the house — is when it goes to the Senate.

Does a vote to convict by, say, Collins become atonement for Kavanaugh and a way for her to survive 2020?

And if Trump is somehow convicted by the Senate and booted out, does he channel that grievance into Trump TV?

He’s scared shitless because for the first time in his life it’s possible he can be punished

But i think he truly gets joy breaking norms, laws etc out in the open.

Does a vote to convict by, say, Collins become atonement for Kavanaugh and a way for her to survive 2020?

There is no way that Susan Collins will be the principled red line so to speak. If the GOP turns on him in substantial numbers, it will be because red-state GOP Senators will move in that direction. And they won't budge unless and until the turtle from Kentucky gives them the go ahead.

There is no way that Susan Collins will be the principled red line so to speak. If the GOP turns on him in substantial numbers, it will be because red-state GOP Senators will move in that direction. And they won't budge unless and until the turtle from Kentucky gives them the go ahead.

The thought is that vulnerable GOP Senators might vote to convict in states where Trump is unpopular, like Maine, to save their hides in the election.

No principles. Just survival.

It's nice that he doesn't even pretend to be working anymore.

This will all end, one way or another and he will be a disgrace and a history lesson for our children. What's important is that the entire GOP wear him like an anvil around their neck for at least a generation. Every last cowardly one of them.

She also sent dinner to the Bernie staffers the night he had his surgery.

ETA just saw that instagram post of the "accuser"...amazing.

Last edited:
At this point it’s harder to figure out if anything this administration does is actually legit.

Well, gee, lookee here. This is awkward:

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/joe-biden-republican-support-letter-ukraine-175523001.html

A bipartisan group of lawmakers echoed then-Vice President Joe Biden’s push for anti-corruption reforms in Ukraine, including within the country’s office of the prosecutor general, according to a 2016 letter unearthed by CNN.

In the letter, Sens. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) and Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), co-chairs of the bipartisan Senate Ukraine Caucus, pressed Ukraine’s then-President Petro Poroshenko to take action on “entrenched corruption” within his government.

“We recognize ‎that your governing coalition faces not only endemic corruption left from decades of mismanagement and cronyism, but also an illegal armed seizure of territory by Russia and its proxies,” they wrote in the letter. ”[We] urge you to press ahead with urgent reforms to the Prosecutor General’s office and judiciary.”

The letter ― also signed by Sens. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), Mark Kirk (R-Ill.), Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) and Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) ― appears to undermine President Donald Trump’s unsubstantiated claim that there was “quid pro quo” when then-Vice President Biden withheld aid to Ukraine to push the country’s leaders to fire its prosecutor general, Viktor Shokin.

Trump claims Biden did so for the purpose of impeding an investigation into Burisma, a Ukrainian gas company upon whose board Hunter Biden served. No evidence has been brought to light to suggest this.

I know this will all go in one ear and out the other of the Trump supporters, but just wanted to share it anyway to further prove how utterly stupid their claims are.

This will all end, one way or another and he will be a disgrace and a history lesson for our children. What's important is that the entire GOP wear him like an anvil around their neck for at least a generation. Every last cowardly one of them.

Agreed on every last word of this.

And whenever Trump does finally leave office, whatever becomes of him, I'll say it again, the media should just move on and ignore him. Let him fade like the irrelevant piece of shit he deserves to be, and don't give him any further opportunity to paint himself as some kind of martyr.

I’ve had discussions with coworkers regarding small government and how this should prove that the conservative or even libertarian view is the best route

While i agree government is too bloated (military), i don’t think we’ll know the real impact of Trump gutting every agency and/or placing lobbyists or corporate shills into the positions of power for another year or two

Looks like we are heading towards another recession, and all the EPA cuts will come back to bite us

Obviously you didn't get your cut of the PALLETS OF CASH!! That George Soros and Barrack HUSSEIN Obama distributed to all liberal traitors as they attended Hillary Clinton speaking events. Muslims supposedly got double payment.
:(
I didn't even get a 6 oz cup.

Translation:
In case i didn't already confess to impeachable offenses in the memo I gave you. I'm gonna double down here.
Also, my ol' standby of just saying the crime i committed out loud will surely prove that there is nothing wrong with what i did.
Heh.
" Criming in plain sight. "
@#$%$"#" "#*#*!!!

:hmm:
That sounds about right (having been a through that It was crazzeeee! :( )

At this point, we have to think that he wants impeachment because he believes it will motivate his base next fall. He can spend a year complaining about how the elites tried to overturn a legitimate election. Since 2018 racist “caravan invasion” didn’t work, I guess he’s trying this? He knows he’s fucked. So double-down.

Where it gets interesting — because he will be impeached by the house — is when it goes to the Senate.

And if Trump is somehow convicted by the Senate and booted out, does he channel that grievance into Trump TV?
Interesting thought about Collins. Maybe on the "wants impeachment" (without conviction) - base motivation. And i say we are as or even more
motivated to get. him. OUT!

I also think if he survives till 2020 we can also add into the campaign how much he has cheated contractors, etc for decades!

He’s scared shitless because for the first time in his life it’s possible he can be punished

But i think he truly gets joy breaking norms, laws etc out in the open.
He sure seems to! And, yeah, i do think part of him is really scared, but maybe another part still feels invincible. This is as far as we know the first time he may actually face serious consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom