Unpopular musical opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're including U2, HTDAAB was fundamentally an ok album ruined by over-production.
ATCLB was irredeemable.

9.05.09 Fred Durst Spray Paints 'Limp Bizkit' On Bridge

Fred-Durst.jpg

In The End
Breaking The Habit
Somewhere I Belong

? :wink:

Numb and Numb/Encore
What I've Done
Bleed It Out
Shadow of the Day aka With or Without You: Part 2 Electric Bugaloo

Those, except for In the end and Numb/Encore. HORRIBLE. They ruined Numb with that rapper. :grumpy:

Numb's probably my fave.

I like Papercut as well, and prolly a few more I forgot.

:reject: I have both Hybrid Theory and Meteora.

"In America, It brought you the hamburger, Well America you know where, You can shove your hamburger
And don't you wonder, Why in Estonia they say, Hey you, Big fat pig
You fat pig, You fat pig..." - America Is Not The World, Morrissey

- Mark Knopfler's solo carreer is better than Dire Straits' albums
- I don't listen quite a lot to any recent music (and by recent I mean new performers and not new songs from old bands) because I'm biased - I think it's usually shitty. I don't like modern RnB at all.
- I actually believe country music rocks. :D It's probably quite different because I'm European and we experience it in a different way than Americans, but it's like... wheeeeee. :D
- I don't believe in the rule that every original is better than the cover (including book over movie debate, e. g. I'd go for Godfather or Silence of the Lambs anytime over Puzo/Harris).
- I'm happy that the Oasis split. Finally.

How is liking anything from Kid A an unpopular opinion? :lol: It's like the internet's favourite album of the 00s.

I heard "Kid A (the song)" in a bar in Philly this weekend.

There's a bar here that plays a remix of "Everything in its Right Place" a lot. And somehow it's still one of the most awful places on the awful part of Sixth.

There's a bar here that plays a remix of "Everything in its Right Place" a lot. And somehow it's still one of the most awful places on the awful part of Sixth.

See Lance's mother bobbing in a doorway
See Carter, Chris is with a surfing board
Impy's 'Saint Vincent!' cries are whispered
Sixth street never looked so whored

Unpopular music opinions:
DYFL, MIAMI and THE PLAYBOY MANSION are the icings on the POP cake
GRACE is a very good choice as the ATYCLB album closer
MOS, UNKNOWN CALLER and IGCIIDGCT is the trilogy of boredom
BREATHE would be better work as a closer than as an opener of the current U2 tour
ACROBAT is the great mistery in U2s history

I'd like to hear Hedge belt out the "opera" parts of Sometimes You Can't Serve It On Your Own or Miss Serveajevo, not to mention something like Moment of Service.

(and yes, it's a coincidence that all of those songs have "serve" in the title)

Hedge may have a "cleaner" or more consistent voice, but better? Hell no.

The Edge has had a better voice than Bono for fifteen years.

That is an unpopular opinion. Id agree he has a more pure voice, but he doesnt have the power or the range. He sings high, and sounds perfect as a backing singer, but he couldnt carry a 90,000 person stadium. B is the man for that, even if he doesnt have as 'classic' a singing voice as hedge. (edit: changed edge to hedge, as that is the cool thing to do these days)

I love Brand New, and no-one here at all seems to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom