U2's new song~Wave of Sorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

teenie

Acrobat
Found this today..not sure if it's been posted here or elsewhere:
Here's the link:
http://communities.canada.com/nationalpost/blogs/theampersand/archive/2007/11/16/u2-likes-ilike.aspx

[U2 performs in New Orleans. Credit: Suzi Altman/Bloomberg News]
Bono likes iLike: U2 release new song on the new social music web site

In advance of next week's 20th anniversary reissue of Joshua Tree, U2 has released a video preview of Wave of Sorrow, a previously unreleased track from the album's recording session which will appear on the reissue.
But the exclusive preview wasn't released through U2's web site or on MySpace or YouTube, which would be considered the more likely channels. Rather, the exclusive clip, which features Bono singing over his original 1987 vocals, was posted on the relatively new web site iLike, a "social music discovery service", which lets users download via iTunes and recommend music to other members.
Valleywag has the back story of how Bono's business connections brought the song to iLike.

Here is a video of Bono talking about the song and singing it:
http://www.ilike.com/U2

But the exclusive preview wasn't released through U2's web site or on MySpace or YouTube

Er, correct me if Im wrong, but wasnt this on U2.com first? :eyebrow:

MooMoo! said:
But the exclusive preview wasn't released through U2's web site or on MySpace or YouTube

Er, correct me if Im wrong, but wasnt this on U2.com first? :eyebrow:

I was mailed directly via facebook and ILike, it was ILike that got the scoop so I understand, not U2.com

I was Speaking to the guy who was partially responsible for doing it, (he was in the hotel room with Bono at the time, lucky git) he said the more people comment and give feedback, the more chance they may have of getting a scoop like this again :drool:

Edit - Yes ILike - here's the mail

Dear iLike user on Facebook

I'm writing to tell you about an amazing video clip that U2 has just posted on iLike - it means a lot to me and I think it's a little bit of rock'n'roll history.

Today, U2 used iLike to post a personal message from Bono, singing - and talking us through - "Wave of Sorrow". It's a track that U2 demoed during sessions for The Joshua Tree in 1987. Just recently Bono laid down vocals for the song and it will be released for the first time next week on the remastered release of The Joshua Tree. As Bono plays us the track, he also tells the powerful story of the song. I found it quite moving!

>>> Watch the video of Bono singing "Wave of Sorrow" and leave your feedback.

Since we started iLike a year ago, our vision has been to bring people together through music. As others follow U2's lead, this could transform how artists connect with fans. To get concert alerts & content from other artists, tell us which artists you like.

Sincerely,
Hadi Partovi, co-founder, iLike

p.s. On a personal note, I was in the room when this video was filmed. My brother recorded it on his cameraphone. Now that's a memory to treasure!,

Last edited:
yeah it was on U2.com first but I got an email too from facebook that he put it on there too.

It appeared on U2 com about a week earlier and has been available on You Tube as well. There has been a lot of discussion about this song and video on this board.

Back
Top Bottom