u2s albums are not as good as they use to be!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they are even greater
HTDAAB is the best U2 record

bring on 'A Man and a Woman' and 'One Step Closer'

"...a heart that hurts is a heart that beats, can't you see the drummer slowing"

brilliant

AB/Pop > JT/War/R&H > Zooropa/TUF > Boy/October > ATYCLB/HTDAAB

But all are :drool: with the exception of a very few songs.

namkcuR said:
AB/Pop > JT/War/R&H > Zooropa/TUF > Boy/October > ATYCLB/HTDAAB

:applaud:
That's exactly right Mr. Ruckman! Very well done!

Oh btw, hey shaun! what's the topic of this thread again...?

The new albums rule, U2 new Pop was unfinished and neeeed a safe record and they done it, and it worked, it was great.

Flying FuManchu said:
After nearly a year of listening to the album, HTDAAB is about on the same level as ATYCLB.

Is that a good or bad thing in your opinion?

Not a bad thing. I think the haters hate too much. Its a solid album. I think HTDAAB is a solid album with too much of an immediacy to the songs. Case in point a song like Miracle Drug. Great solo, riff, nice lyrics, etc. IMO a hit single. But it sounds predictable too and the whole going straight into the chorus with the blatant loud-quiet dynamics just wore me out on the song over time. I feel the same with HTDAAB and I really love hooks to boot. For some reaosn HTDAAB sounds like it has too much of a good thing or they are just not arranged right. ATYCLB is the same IMO but maybe it doesn't have the same effect b/c of the album order.

Last edited:
boystupidboy said:
Beautiful day,walk on,kite,SYCMIOYO,vertigo,COBL,OOTS,yahweh,Miracle drug.Yeah u2 have wrote some shite lately:madspit:

I :heart: this post. Surely roy knew this was sarcasm???

i still dont get how you could put achtung baby and htdaab side to side.:huh:

htdaab is just too bland and predictable!!! where is the adventure, where are the fresh ideas, where are the songs that are bigger than life????

and not to forget where the fuck is rock&roll?

atyclb and htdaab are very poor albums compared to AB,JT and WAR!

Last edited:
shaun, i honestly don't understand why you're here if you haven't like a thing the band has put out in over 14 years!

everyone is entitled to their own opinion but my god...

shaun vox said:
so i cannot express how much i hate atyclb and htdaab?
wow!

:yes: Let it all out

I will join you when its time to piss all over ATYCLB.

boystupidboy said:

That was sarcasm by the way:ohmy:

Somehow, (don't ask me how) I saw through your cleverly disguised sarcasm and interpreted what you were really saying (again don't ask me how I did it).

shaun vox said:
so i cannot express how much i hate atyclb and htdaab?
wow!

You can my friend, but when you do it for the 998868987892nd time it gets a little boring and tedious to say the least. Catch my drift?

HTDAAB's also a great live album, almost every song has been killer onstage:drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom