U22 ♫ Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great,do to the fact I'm a younger fan, I don't have the money right now to get a subscription to U2.com. No special things for me :/

I'm really excited about this, but do you think they'll really be able (or willing) to give us the FULL book PLUS more audio (hopefully on CD and not just download) for $50? I smell a price increase coming on...

I wouldn't mind different versions of NLOTH or Breathe other. Not exactly a hater of IALW either, though I don't exactly need another version of it live.

You're all so pessimistic! I was assuming it was the rest of the tracks which didn't make the cut!
At a minimum, I expect Return of the Stingray Guitar!

I hope you are right. But I doubt it. It will not be all the tracks though that did not make the cut, that would another 2 disc set. I think this will be a single disc.

Stingray was very low in the voting, as was YBR, Spanish Eyes and Mothers from what I recall. No Line almost made U22 so I think there is a good shot of that making it as well as Breathe. Does anyone have the last voting percentage with all the songs before they stopped updating it? First eleven to twelve songs after the 22 cut off are a good bet for this disc IMO.

I hope you are right. But I doubt it. It will not be all the tracks though that did not make the cut, that would another 2 disc set. I think this will be a single disc.

Stingray was very low in the voting, as was YBR, Spanish Eyes and Mothers from what I recall. No Line almost made U22 so I think there is a good shot of that making it as well as Breathe. Does anyone have the last voting percentage with all the songs before they stopped updating it? First eleven to twelve songs after the 22 cut off are a good bet for this disc IMO.

I don't know that the voting has anything to do with this release. It may be all of the other tracks, or just a disc worth of the ones they want to share. I'd be very surprised if it's simply the next popular 11.

Does anyone have the last voting percentage with all the songs before they stopped updating it? First eleven to twelve songs after the 22 cut off are a good bet for this disc IMO.

Just did a quick Google search and the U2Wanderer website said this was the order of the songs that didn't make it. This was just before U2.com took them off and announced the final songs shortly afterward...

No Line On the Horizon
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix)
Vertigo
I Will Follow
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride (In the Name of Love)
New Year’s Day
Breathe
Electrical Storm
Miss Sarajevo
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

Unknown Caller
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
In A Little While
Get On Your Boots
Mothers Of The Disappeared
Desire
Spanish Eyes
Return Of The Stingray Guitar
Your Blue Room
Party Girl
Angel Of Harlem
Scarlet

I put the top 12 in bold and italics to differentiate from the bottom 12. I suppose the 'warhorses' do show up there, but keep in mind that they didn't make the top half of voting for U22 either. Sort of surprised that Unknown Caller also barely missed the top 12, considering they had released it on the website and all.

Just did a quick Google search and the U2Wanderer website said this was the order of the songs that didn't make it. This was just before U2.com took them off and announced the final songs shortly afterward...

No Line On the Horizon
Vertigo
I Will Follow
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year’s Day
Breathe
Electrical Storm
Miss Sarajevo

Unknown Caller
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
In A Little While
Get On Your Boots
Mothers Of The Disappeared
Desire
Spanish Eyes
Return Of The Stingray Guitar
Your Blue Room
Party Girl
Angel Of Harlem
Scarlet

I put the top 12 in bold and italics to differentiate from the bottom 12. I suppose the 'warhorses' do show up there, but keep in mind that they didn't make the top half of voting for U22 either. Sort of surprised that Unknown Caller also barely missed the top 12, considering they had released it on the website and all.

There is ZERO reason to think the voting rank matters this time.

They'd better not do a price increase! $50 should be enough for the book. Although, "special" might mean that it's a softcover and that it's got half the pages missing.

Vertigo
I Will Follow
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year’s Day
Miss Sarajevo
Unknown Caller
In A Little While
Get On Your Boots
I have a hunch these would be some of the top choices.

True. But it'll be interesting to see what they do choose to put on there if it's just, say, 12 or 8 or whatever. Will is just be songs they played a lot on the tour, songs the band choose, a fan favorite that wasn't played as often, that sort of thing.

I hope for In A Little While, because it's one of my favorite U2 songs. :heart:

:)whistle: ...not because of the rage-a-thon it would cause around here. :shifty:)

True. But it'll be interesting to see what they do choose to put on there if it's just, say, 12 or 8 or whatever. Will is just be songs they played a lot on the tour, songs the band choose, a fan favorite that wasn't played as often, that sort of thing.

That's true. I'm betting and rooting for Return of the Stingray Guitar. The song has never been released, and the clearly want to get it out there, hence it's inclusion in the voting over any other unreleased track.

I'm not sure why or how you cam make that proclaimation, just hope? There is (in my mind) a decent chance that voter rank will play a role. Unless someone has contacted you from U2.com and told you otherwise there is no way any of us know.

Actually the next top 12 are not as bad as I thought. But Stingray, Mothers, Spanish Eyes and YBR would all still not make it. But No Line, Breathe and Electrical Storm would. That would not be too bad considering.

I gotta agree, I don't think the voting order will matter on the next set of songs released. They released Unknown Caller because they wanted to- it ranked kind of low in voting. These next songs *could* be most of the next 12 in the voting, or it *could* be whatever they want. they're being purposely vague until they decide for sure.

Either way, awesome gift. Although I kinda wish they would move on past 360, but since there's nothing at the moment to move on to, this sounds good to me.

I'm not sure why or how you cam make that proclaimation, just hope? There is (in my mind) a decent chance that voter rank will play a role. Unless someone has contacted you from U2.com and told you otherwise there is no way any of us know.

No. You have it backwards. They haven't said or done anything to indicate that it's the runners up. There is No/zero/nil reason to think it would be the runners up. Could it be? Sure. We have no reason to think it is.

It might be all the remaining tracks. It might be a disc worth of ones they want to share. It might be the runners up. It could feature the least popular 6 tracks. But you're making an unsupported leap to say its the runners up. You're basing it on nothing.

My guess is it will be a disc of whatever tracks they want us to have.

Are we sure that it's even going to be a disc? We are getting the book. Maybe the tracks will just be available for download...in which case, we could get them all.

I hope for In A Little While, because it's one of my favorite U2 songs. :heart:

:)whistle: ...not because of the rage-a-thon it would cause around here. :shifty:)

:angry: :madwife: :madspit:

:wink: Nah, you're okay, I guess.

I really did not mind IALW before this tour. But really, it's not a good enough song to deserve being played every frickin' show on tour.

Just for fun I made a possible tracklist for a 1CD version of the remaining tracks. I wanted to limit it to 12 songs, but somehow these 13 seems most logical to me. This is not completely my personal wishlist (as those would include many of the rarities), but just a thought of what would still be a selection accurately representing the U2360 Tour.

1. Breathe
2. No Line On The Horizon
3. Get On Your Boots
4. I Will Follow
5. Angel Of Harlem *
6. In A Little While
7. Vertigo
8. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
9. Sunday Bloody Sunday
10. Scarlet
11. Pride
12. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
13. "40"

(* This one can be substituted with Desire)

Back
Top Bottom