U2 to Perform First Concerts at MSG Sphere in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s 3 more dates still to announce before the f1 week moves in. Maybe the plan is to tie this group of shows into a proper fan club presale before releasing them to TM’s shitshow sale. 20 shows total maybe.

There’s 3 more dates still to announce before the f1 week moves in. Maybe the plan is to tie this group of shows into a proper fan club presale before releasing them to TM’s shitshow sale. 20 shows total maybe.

well - you assume there are three more dates to announce.

there's space on the calendar - but edge also said 6 weeks and out. and they've done 6 weeks.

so we'll see.

but sure - that could be an explanation.

it's super strange that they still haven't release the email with instructions on what to do for the final fan club presale.

My guess is they'll wait till next week sometime, not do anything on the weekend.

Hope they get it done ASAP and some of you shut out folks get tix.

I sincerely hope they are smart enough (doubtful) to restrict it to Ultra memberships only so nobody can see the current demand for these shows and sign up on May1 for a sub and score 4 tix to list on Stubhub.

well - you assume there are three more dates to announce.

there's space on the calendar - but edge also said 6 weeks and out. and they've done 6 weeks.

so we'll see.

but sure - that could be an explanation.
There was mention that those last 3 dates were locked and loaded just waiting for Tim Apple and Bongo to "flip the switch"

unity-one.gif

I sincerely hope they are smart enough (doubtful) to restrict it to Ultra memberships only so nobody can see the current demand for these shows and sign up on May1 for a sub and score 4 tix to list on Stubhub.

They been dumb as fook so far

I'm absolutely happy for those 'Violet' Fans who scored tickets, but I do think that there should have been a clear priority for all Ultra's first. Getting that email back with three UNFULFILLED messages left me decidedly....unfulfilled.

Did anyone who was waitlisted for PJ tix get in?

I did for St Paul. About 40 minutes into the onsale, I was taken off the waitlist. My seats suck, 200 level side of stage and maybe even slightly behind it but it's my first time seeing them, just happy to be in the building.

I did for St Paul. About 40 minutes into the onsale, I was taken off the waitlist. My seats suck, 200 level side of stage and maybe even slightly behind it but it's my first time seeing them, just happy to be in the building.

Yay!

I saw them at Xcel a while back and it was this hilarious/surreal clap-along to all these songs you wouldn't think people would clap along to.

If they are on McCready's side (like say 222) you'll have a blast.

Hotels are way up in price starting the first week of November. Wondering if I should book the Linq (best deal I can find rn) for the week of 10/27 and just hope I'll get tickets around face somehow?

Saw that too when I made a few placeholder reservations. First wknd in particular was a jump and then second weekend seemed more normal.

Hotels are way up in price starting the first week of November. Wondering if I should book the Linq (best deal I can find rn) for the week of 10/27 and just hope I'll get tickets around face somehow?

SEMA convention. big car show. 10/31 to 11/3.

70,000 attendees.

i've gone to Vegas the weekend after CES before... best to book early but check back often. as the event gets closer and the convention passes are sold out - the rooms that they held and/or priced high tend to drop in price once they realize they can't fill them.

most rooms in vegas are refundable up to a few days before - as long as you book direct. you can also call them up and ask them to switch your rate if you find a better rate. again - only if you book direct.

Last edited:
The 12th-15th seemed like the lowest weekend when checking around. Just staying at Harrah's as its cheap and within walking distance.

I tried to book a room and it said I already had one that weekend, canceled the first reservation as it is now a little cheaper than when I first booked.

I had so many rooms booked on different weekends I know I'm gonna forget to cancel one.

We should just AirBnb an Interference mansion and all share for the month.

Yes. Or tent city by the THE Joshua tree.

Btw, I haven't searched hotels yet, but all 3 ads I'm seeing on this page right now are for the Luxor...

(P.S. Who here has ever visited THE Joshua Tree? I haven't.)

I’m gonna say something that’s probably not a popular decision right now and I promise I don’t mean it as salt in anyone’s wound.

It just came to me that the prioritization of fan tenure is not a valid means for who gets tickets and who doesn’t (I mean violet vs ultra). This sort of implies that new fans or younger fans are less welcome, which I don’t agree with. All subscribers, for providing monetary benefit to the band, deserve priority over non-subscribers.

I understand why this is the way it is though. Some of the violet crowd are not fans, and giving violet equal access provides an avenue for scalpy mcscalpface to enter the chat. To me that just means there needs to be a sincerely militant system that stops scalping.

Here’s my latest iterations for high demand shows which may sound ridiculous and can be unfair to lower income fans…

Option A - Purchaser-Assumed Risk
- Non-transferable tickets
- Name on ticket must match ID
- Fan pays a deposit priced at a rate that eliminates theoretical third market demand
- Ticket returns deadline 4-6 weeks prior to the show, with restocking fee of 20%
- loss of deposit if fan does not attend show
- Ticket vendor uses their historical data as complicit scalpers to determine this value. Ticket fees are removed, as this mechanism effectively makes the ticket vendor a hedge fund and the fee the fan is paying is loss of interest
- Ticket vendor legally required to offer return deadline waiver for cases of illness, bereavement, and force of nature, provided appropriate documentation is submitted
- Fan may insure the face value of the ticket for a fee

Option B - Airline Policy
- Non-transferable tickets
- Name on ticket must match ID
- Restricted refund policy where fan may get ticket vendor credit for a change fee valued at risk mitigation to the ticket vendor; ticket credit has expiration date
- Increased price for refundable ticket determined by statistical risk mitigation for ticket vendor
- Legal bereavement, force of nature, and illness policy provided appropriate documentation is submitted
- Fan may insure the ticket’s face value for a fee

What do we think ppl

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and book the Linq for dates around 10/17. Found a nonstop flight for $280 round-trip per person. It's going to be a family vacation for us anyway (23 year old son's first time in Vegas). If I'm able to find tickets we'll go. If not oh well. There are other things we have planned to do on the itinerary.

Just got that email too. The baby still creeps me out.

So you’re saying there’s still a chance of Vegas?

It’s the hope that gets you…

I remember when Larry said many years ago that the shut out complaining fan club members should just shut up or f off-something like that.He doesn't have to deal with it this time.

Also I wonder if they will sell $75 t shirts with scary baby on them. Scary baby judges you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom