U2 to Perform First Concerts at MSG Sphere in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what's happening currently with the Pearl Jam sales, I'd ballpark Friday afternoon.

They said results would start Monday and finish today.
nobody has received word yet.

perhaps. i can't see them starting verified fan sales until this is over though.

i mean - it is ticketmaster, so it's always possible they fuck it up.

alas.

and technically speaking - today isn't over yet ;)

The PJ results started rolling in shortly after I made my post.
Wednesday it is (maybe).

dd03986209eb7a2120800f72a990760e.gif

Wow, they just announced the new dates. That was quick!

October 11, 13, 14, 18, 20, 21 and 25.

Edit: Full message below.

DUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND, ADDITIONAL 7 DATES ANNOUNCED FOR U2:UV ACHTUNG BABY, LIVE AT SPHERE.

SEP 29 & 30. OCT 05, 07, & 08.
+
OCT 11, 13, 14, 18, 20, 21, & 25.

U2.com paid subscribers may submit a new Ticketmaster Request to override their original choices, now through Wednesday, April 26 at 7AM PT. If the originally requested dates are still preferred, no additional action is required.

Fans who previously signed up for Ticketmaster Verified Fan for U2 are automatically registered for the opportunity to participate in the presale for all dates. Verified Fan registration is open through Wednesday, April 26 at 7AM PT.

VIP and hotel packages for the newly announced dates will be available beginning today, April 25 at 6PM PT.

For complete information, visit U2XSPHERE.COM.

#U2SPHERE

So they’re at 12 shows already. Opening weekend and then 3 weeks of 3 shows/week plus that hanging Wednesday before the next round of announcements

My guess too. Looks like they'll have no issues selling this thing!

Now to debate on whether I should adjust my initial request to those dates or not. :hmm:

I would like to edit mine, but I don’t want in any way shape or form for something to get screwed up for some reason, not that I’d ever know :), but just going to let it ride and see what happens tomorrow and I guess if I don’t get lucky, I’ll be in the TM verified presale pool??

Wow, they just announced the new dates. That was quick!

October 11, 13, 14, 18, 20, 21 and 25.

Edit: Full message below.

DUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND, ADDITIONAL 7 DATES ANNOUNCED FOR U2:UV ACHTUNG BABY, LIVE AT SPHERE.

SEP 29 & 30. OCT 05, 07, & 08.
+
OCT 11, 13, 14, 18, 20, 21, & 25.

U2.com paid subscribers may submit a new Ticketmaster Request to override their original choices, now through Wednesday, April 26 at 7AM PT. If the originally requested dates are still preferred, no additional action is required.

Fans who previously signed up for Ticketmaster Verified Fan for U2 are automatically registered for the opportunity to participate in the presale for all dates. Verified Fan registration is open through Wednesday, April 26 at 7AM PT.

VIP and hotel packages for the newly announced dates will be available beginning today, April 25 at 6PM PT.

For complete information, visit U2XSPHERE.COM.

#U2SPHERE

Hopefully rest of shows will be added as options before Wednesday:

From the FAQ: Should any new shows be added, U2.com subscribers will be able to update their request before the request window closes on Wednesday, April 26 at 10:00 AM ET.

I'm waiting a bit. If no other shows get added by Wednesday i think I'm gonna just go for 10/5 the 3 lowest priced options (GA and the green & blue reserved sections) figuring can do cheaper hotels/flights for the Thursday show.

Bingo.

Now time to strategize. Glad I didn't put in yet. Cause everyone else is going to be scrambling to redo their entries.

So they’re at 12 shows already. Opening weekend and then 3 weeks of 3 shows/week plus that hanging Wednesday before the next round of announcements

Yep looks like more shows still to come. Projected to run to Nov 3 & 4 initially.
So at least 4 more, Oct 27 & 28 plus Nov 3 & 4, and likely 5 including Wednesday 11/1.

I think my 3 choices will be the 3 Wednesdays, with Thurs 10/5 as a possibility once I do a bit more flight/hotel legwork.
Should be the least expensive way to go, and figure the weekend shows should have higher demand, all the southern Californians and Arizonans etc. who can drive will likely opt for weekends and others who fly will need less time off work.
I've got plenty of available vacation days so work can do without me for 4 days. (Likely fly out on Tuesday and return on Friday).

awesome. i hope this loosens up some of the demand for the first three shows.

i can't do any of these new ones - so it's either one of the first three, or have to wait and hope that some november gigs get added.

Feels inevitable. They can run 3 shows a week through 11/11 and tie a nice bow at 20 shows.

Original rumours were up to 12 shows - adding the Wednesdays from the start is interesting. 12 shows and we haven’t hit November yet.

So what’s left - I haven’t followed closely enough to know the cinema dates, but if it’s the same pattern right through, they could conceivably do

28, 29 October
1, 4, 5, 8, 11, 12 Nov

Space around F1 week I assume from Wednesday is smart.

Is there availability to start back up on 22 November? Bono did say they’d have a hard time getting them out of there. They won’t tour properly until Larry is healthy. What’s the bookings like into December? Assuming availability, they could add

22, 25, 26, 29 Nov
2, 3, 6, 9, 10 December and be out well before Xmas. 13 Dec would be 30 shows. Surely that’s too many? That’s 540,000 people at 18k per show.

If the article suggesting they’d make $1,575,000 per show is accurate, that’s $47.25m

Last edited:
there are "Postcard From Earth" shows booked every day after the F1 race - with the exception of Super Bowl weekend. I don't think U2 will be playing Super Bowl weekend though... the Super Bowl is in Vegas, so my assumption is that the NFL has booked the venue for that weekend for something.

There will absolutely 100% be no shows during F1 week... so this thing will have to wrap prior to that.

the remaining open dates are as follows...

October 27, 28

November 1, 3, 4

November 8, 10, 11

November 15 to 19 is open as well - but that's F1 week. The venue is booked for the race - and access will be VERY limited.

So the last possible date for these shows is November 11.

Could they go ahead and cancel some of the Postcard shows in December? Sure. As the saying goes... plenty of good seats still available.

So we'll see.

These midweek shows are a smart play. People can fly in/out ahead of the weekend.

Don’t the boys usually take December off?

I suppose the question is, if U2 is selling well, would they refund people who have booked postcards from earth in 7 months time in order to keep it going?

I didn’t see the last part of the previous post. Carry on…

they, uh, wouldn't have to do much work to process those refunds.

woooo buddy.

to say that they reeeeeally need these shows to be successful to help build hype for the venue would be the understatement of the century.

this is opening night.

postcard.jpg

puuuuuuuuhlenty of good seats still available

Last edited:
These midweek shows are a smart play. People can fly in/out ahead of the weekend.

Don’t the boys usually take December off?

Nah,

JT 2019 went well into December
360 well into December 2010
Vertigo went well into December in 2005 and 2006
Elevation just ticked into December
PopMart went to 12 December
Zootv 10 December
Love town European leg was 75% in December
Joshua Tree to 20 December
Unforgettable Fire 3rd leg in USA was entirely in December
October 2nd and 3rd legs covered December
Boy 1st, 2nd AND 3rd legs December 1980.

So yeah, basically only I+e (which did go into December, albeit unplanned), E+I and War didn’t.

Last edited:
they, uh, wouldn't have to do much work to process those refunds.

woooo buddy.

to say that they reeeeeally need these shows to be successful to help build hype for the venue would be the understatement of the century.

this is opening night.

View attachment 13668

puuuuuuuuhlenty of good seats still available

Wow. It’s almost like they might even encourage u2 to stay on for a bit, even if they aren’t getting much of the gate - Vegas runs on possession, right? Get people in and keep them there. Free meal/drinks but keep gambling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom