U2 things that you like but everyone else hates.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i kinda like some days from zooropa

and my rattle and hum t-shirt..which is kinda short and everyone hates it but it rocks :rockon:

Re: Re: U2 things that you like but everyone else hates.

Meghan said:
As for me, I like ATYCLB and HTDAAB. I think there's two or three of us floating around the forum. :wink:

I'm number two! :D

Seriously these albums will always hold a special place in my heart because they were my first two, but I love them so much. Grace is about the only song out 23 that I don't really like. I also really like Red Light. I don't know why thats hated.

Red Rocks concert video

PopMart : Live From Mexico City video

U2 & I : The Photographs 1982-2004 ...
Actually alot of people hate the price of this U2 book, they believe it's too expensive and not worth buying ... when actually it is worth getting, since the photos are pretty INCREDIBLE.

The songs ...

Another Time, Another Place
Rejoice
Drowning Man
Elvis Presley And America
Red Hill Mining Town
Heartland
So Cruel
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
Discotheque
New York
A Man And A Woman

October album
Red Light
WGRYWH (album version)
The first part of Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix)

Trip Through Your Wires!

Also, Exit and MOTD as closers on the JT... :( I think they're just as holy and inseparable as BTBS/RTSS. MOTD/RTSS feel like a beautiful warm shower after the drought and pain of BTBS/Exit.

The video for the Unforgettable Fire.
The video for Lemon.
The video for All I Want is You
The dance remix for Even Better than the Real Thing (sounds great in a night club)
Bono talking about MUSIC damnit and, not saving the world!
The Once in A Lifetime single with Bono and Clannad
The "Baby Please come home for Christmas" single
All the albums they did with Eno
Love Comes Tumbling
Red Hill Mining Town
The cover of 'Springhill Mining Disaster' they performed a number of times in the Joshua Tree era
The cover of 'People Get Ready' by Curtis Mayfield they performed, again in the JT era.
Performing 'Redemption Song'
Bono's take on 'I can't Help falling in Love'

Last edited:
I love Some Days Are Better Than Others. And The Wanderer. And everything on Zooropa except maybe Babyface, which I still like a lot.

Also, everything on UF (yes, including 4th of July and EP&A).

XHendrix24 said:
Wuh-wuh-wuh-WUH!??!

This wasn't a cover of the Talking Heads song of the same name, was it?

Sorry, I misspoke. It is called "In a Lifetime". Nothing to do with the Talking Heads song of a similar name.

I adore, adore, adore Stuck in a Moment. It's got me through some very hard times so I can't stand when people knock it. But to be honest it's really only people around here who I find have problems with it. My friends who like U2 and other communities and places can appreciate it properly. I dunno what the story is. But anyway, it's a gorge song, everything about it is perfect.

I also love the last album, and All Because of You which people also seem to hate for whatever reason. I think it rocks, and I will always think it rocks. Bono's scream sells it to me alone!

Wait, the title of this thread is nuts. 'everyone else'? It's probably likely that whatever you like, more u2 fans will like it too than don't. ;)

Sonoftelepunk said:
Miami

Easily one of U2's best songs.

I quote myself:

I love everything that has to do with Pop. EVERYTHING.

Miami live... :drool:

I like U2. That's more than a lot of people.

Halifax said:

Am I the only one that actually LIKES the fact that U2 are giving light to problems in Africa or human rights issues in the current tour? To me, that's one of the many things which make U2 unique for a run in the mill rock band. Its a band and a rock concert with a concience.

:yes:

I like ATYCLB, Bomb, Best of Numb and Pop remixes (and single versions) and Vertigo tour.

chickadee said:
I adore, adore, adore Stuck in a Moment. It's got me through some very hard times so I can't stand when people knock it. But to be honest it's really only people around here who I find have problems with it. My friends who like U2 and other communities and places can appreciate it properly. I dunno what the story is. But anyway, it's a gorge song, everything about it is perfect.

I also love the last album, and All Because of You which people also seem to hate for whatever reason. I think it rocks, and I will always think it rocks. Bono's scream sells it to me alone!

Wait, the title of this thread is nuts. 'everyone else'? It's probably likely that whatever you like, more u2 fans will like it too than don't. ;)

I love Stuck and think ABOY rocks as well.

Back
Top Bottom