U2 things that you like but everyone else hates.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love lots of songs that others don't even notice. Love Comes Tumbling, Tomorrow, Drowning Man to name a few.

I love Pop and it probably gets the most play.

I love my box of U2 bootlegs (mostly records from 1981-1987) and all the books that I've cut up to hang the pictures all over my walls when I was younger.

I love checking out this board everyday when my entire family thinks I'm nuts.

And I love knowing when U2 is in town and going and doing crazy things to try to see them.

- the Elevation video
- Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around the World
- So Cruel
- Trip Through Your Wires
- the song Jesus Christ

- Elevation
- Boom Cha
- Remixes
- 40 ft. Lemon
- The Wanderer (my brother's fav U2 song)
- Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk/Korova I
- HTDAAB deluxe edition booklet

I had NO idea that anyone would place Is That All? in their top 15. Wow.

There's not as much resistance to it here, us ALL being U2 fans, but I have always & will always love Rattle & Hum. Not just parts, but the whole thing. And it didn't grow on me - I loved it from the first time I heard it. Never saw the whole "U2 thinks they're better than Bob Dylan/Jimi Hendrix/BB King, etc, etc" thing & frankly, can't understand why anyone WOULD think that! :shrug: It's a tribute, people!!! What the Hell's the matter with you folks?!?!? :coocoo: :lol:

Shadows and Tall Trees
October
Badmouthing Adam
Bono's Mullet
Two Hearts Beat As One (Not enough love)
Vertigo Video
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Album)
So Cruel
Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World
All That You Can't Leave Behind album artwork
Wild Honey
The First Time
Pop
PopMart
Pop
Bono's Voice on Pop/PopMart
In A Little While
When I Look at the World
Boston DVD over Slane
Current incarnation of I Still Havent Found What I'm Looking For live
All That You Can't Leave Behind over How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
Bono's hair circa late 2004 over Bono's hair now.

All my friends have been brainwashed by heavy stuff, some of which is good, but they would like them even if the lyrics for the whole song went like this - ra ra ra ra raaa!

So, U2 are a 'soft, pussy' band in my friends' opinions. If I told them they were a rock band, I'd get laughed out of town. Too bad they don't know any of their songs.

BluRmGrl said:
There's not as much resistance to it here, us ALL being U2 fans, but I have always & will always love Rattle & Hum. Not just parts, but the whole thing. And it didn't grow on me - I loved it from the first time I heard it. Never saw the whole "U2 thinks they're better than Bob Dylan/Jimi Hendrix/BB King, etc, etc" thing & frankly, can't understand why anyone WOULD think that! :shrug: It's a tribute, people!!! What the Hell's the matter with you folks?!?!? :coocoo: :lol:

Totally agree with you.

Also, :up: to the mentions of "Love Rescue Me", "The Wanderer" (two songs which have some damn good lyrics in 'em), "Shadows And Tall Trees" :)heart:...a personal favorite of mine, what a cool song), and "Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World".

And I love the "I Will Follow" video, too! :hug: :bono:...he just looks adorable trying to dance, LOL :D.

Angela

I thought of another one:

The "All I Want Is You" clip. Its not only my favourite U2 clip, but my favourite music clip EVER! It one of the most heart wrenching clips I've ever seen. I'm just a bit sad that NOBODY is even mentioned it when the topic comes to U2 music clips.

Re: Re: Re: Re: U2 things that you like but everyone else hates.

thrillme said:

5, add me.

The Refugee, October album, Grace, Wild Honey, Adam's afro, Pop Edge, Discotheque video, oh did I mention ATYCLB and Atomic Bomb.

make it 6 I love both of those albums :D

Palace_Hero said:

Pop
PopMart
Pop
Bono's Voice on Pop/PopMart

:applaud: I love everything that has to do with Pop. EVERYTHING. Except maybe bald Bono... :wink: short-haired Bono was hawt, tho. but the album itself...brilliant. and I LOVE the booklet. and the tour. and Bono's voice on it. and everything. But I feel like Pop gets plenty of appreciation here :)

The truth is, I love basically everything about U2! There are some songs that excite me less than others (Grace, Love Rescue Me, probably about half of Passengers...) but there's no song I hate. I enjoy every U2 song to a certain degree. And I LOVE Miami, The Playboy Mansion, October (the album. especially Fire - amazing song), The Refugee (okay maybe not love but like strongly), Elevation (live it rules), A Man and a Woman, the Discotheque video... oh and I love the last two albums. I find myself agreeing with the 90's fans who don't like the albums because I love 90's U2 so much but when you get down to it they're two damn good albums.

Bono's hats...I don't understand why so many bitch about them!

And 'Rattle and Hum'...wonderful album--even the bad cover of 'All along the Watchtower' is great (perhaps because it was a bit risky).:laugh:

2Hearts said:
- Elevation
- Boom Cha
- Remixes
- 40 ft. Lemon
- The Wanderer (my brother's fav U2 song)
- Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk/Korova I
- HTDAAB deluxe edition booklet

I had NO idea that anyone would place Is That All? in their top 15. Wow.

The song struck a very powerful chord with me from the first time I heard it.

Pop (album, tour, fashion, attitude, cover art, etc. everything about Pop)

HTDAAB

October gets some points with me simply because my birthday's in October, LOL :D.

Also, heh, I was listening to Nina Blackwood's new wave show tonight, and she played "Trip Through Your Wires". I had great fun listening to that song, and I will just never understand why it's not appreciated by other people :shrug:.

Angela

Jack In The Box said:
Pop (album, tour, fashion, attitude, cover art, etc. everything about Pop)

HTDAAB

The same with me! IMO Pop doesn't have a low point and the tour was one of their best (mayby even the best).

+ Zooropa as a whole album
+ Bono's jacket and drumming during LAPOE.
+ playing Vertigo x2 :reject:

Back
Top Bottom