U2 themed tattoos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
does anyone know what the eye with the tear is on the Edge's pick? Hubby and I are contemplating tattoos......

u212.jpg

this is what I thought for me so far....but hubby thinks its too much. We walked on stage to walk on, my son was born to SYCMIOYO, 1st dance married WAWW, engaged after a PJ show, and my dear friend who just died "I will" was her theme song

erin%20tattoo2.jpg

The eye is the symbol which corresponds with the song When I Look At The World from the All That You Can't Leave Behind album. Every song on the album had a corresponding symbol. (The dove above that is the symbol for the song Grace.)

Hi, i'm new here (first post), after months of trying to decide and looking on here, i've took the plunge and got my first u2 tattoo. The only trouble is that i cant for some reason post it on here,can anyone throw any light on this, is it because i'm only a standard member? thanks in advance, Lee:wave:

Finally got around to watching U2360 on Blueray. I wanted to get the spaceboy image as a tattoo but I wonder if it is more relevant now or does it make it worse that they are using the image again?

Hey guys :wave:

This is my U2 tattoos. They are both inspired by my fav song - guess which one :sexywink:

What do you think ?

47552_426761269844_526504844_4945135_60991_n.jpg

IMAG0132.jpg

Thanks :) Umm, no - I found it online somwhere, and I annoys me that I can't remember where! :angry:

ComaGirl and Mims, how are those tattoos on your feet working out for you? I had one done on my foot in November last year, and I've already had to have it retouched once. It's probably going to need another retouching very very soon. The artist did warn me that the skin in that placing makes the tattoo fade sometimes, so I sort of knew what to expect. Anyway, what I thought was my cheapest tattoo (I have 5) is turning out to be my most expensive!

I have a star on my foot and it seems to be holding up. But my leg tat which is just a simple black design has faded a bit and you have to remember the lines will always 'spread out' so to speak. I have a bunch of stars around my ankle that looked so good when they were first done but now they've kind of melded together as the ink spreads out. Tats look so good when you first get them because the lines are crisp but over time they bleed. It's just inevitable. I tend to think its not where it is placed but more like what kind of equipment, ink etc they use.

Almost a week on my foot tattoo is looking fine, but the scab hasn't started to come off yet (mmm, lovely!) so it might get patchier when that happens. It's really hard to stop it rubbing on shoes and socks etc but it seems to be holding up so far. I had one done on my shoulder at the same time which is a lot itchier than my foot one. My tattooist said the foot one might need retouching and if so they'll do it for free, so that's good :up:

ComaGirl and Mims, how are those tattoos on your feet working out for you? I had one done on my foot in November last year, and I've already had to have it retouched once. It's probably going to need another retouching very very soon. The artist did warn me that the skin in that placing makes the tattoo fade sometimes, so I sort of knew what to expect. Anyway, what I thought was my cheapest tattoo (I have 5) is turning out to be my most expensive!

Well, the one on my foot is 2 months old, and I had it redone 3 times, because the colour wouldn't stick... But now it is fine! :heart:

I have a star on my foot and it seems to be holding up. But my leg tat which is just a simple black design has faded a bit and you have to remember the lines will always 'spread out' so to speak. I have a bunch of stars around my ankle that looked so good when they were first done but now they've kind of melded together as the ink spreads out. Tats look so good when you first get them because the lines are crisp but over time they bleed. It's just inevitable. I tend to think its not where it is placed but more like what kind of equipment, ink etc they use.

I actually haven't had a problem with the lines spreading on any of my tats just yet. The only one that's gotten weird on me is the black text on my foot. I do have an anklet tat on my ankle, though. The ink hasn't spread out there, but I bet when it does it's probably just going to end up looking like one of those tribal tats :lol:

Almost a week on my foot tattoo is looking fine, but the scab hasn't started to come off yet (mmm, lovely!) so it might get patchier when that happens. It's really hard to stop it rubbing on shoes and socks etc but it seems to be holding up so far. I had one done on my shoulder at the same time which is a lot itchier than my foot one. My tattooist said the foot one might need retouching and if so they'll do it for free, so that's good :up:

Yeah, that's what my artist said, too. Just be aware that it may need retouching more than once :wink:

Well, the one on my foot is 2 months old, and I had it redone 3 times, because the colour wouldn't stick... But now it is fine! :heart:
It looks very cool!

Thanks for sharing, y'all! :)

How long does it usually take for a tattoo to spread or change at all? My oldest (a small, simple red and black HTDAAB heart on my shoulder) is 5 years old now and doesn't a look a day different than when I got it.

Here's a couple comparisons of mine. The cat is probably about 5 years old or more and the stars around the moon are maybe 4 years old.

4603_112090159691_593664691_2779538_1001761_n.jpg
IMG_0117.jpg

4603_112090859691_593664691_2779552_5524316_n.jpg
IMG_0119.jpg

Ah ok I see what you mean now. The original lines on yours started out very thin. Maybe because the original black outline on mine was never thin, it still looks the same. :hmm: I like your tattoos, very cool :love: I'm soon getting another star under the heart, but haven't decided on the design exactly except that I know I like simple lines and designs. Thanks for your pics :)

Just had another one done :D The angel was old and blurry, so I had it redone and added a bit :)
engel.jpg

i'd briefly considered getting a tattoo there once and was told that and the hands fade the most. the place i enquired to actually told me those were the only two places they didn't give complimentary lifetime touch-ups as they were so much more likely to fade. that and the pain factor kinda turned me off of that.

i got my first tattoo on my 18th birthday, i'm 27 now and everything i have still looks great. one of my ankle tats even has some yellow (and maybe white, i forget) and it's still looking good. i guess i'm just lucky. :D

i really wish i had some spare money, i want to get some more done. nothing u2 related, but yeah.

Hey people, how painful are wrist tattoos? Ive been considering one for sometime now, and I know exactly what I want, but Im just unsure whether or not to go though with it. :hmm: I mean I know if I got it, I wouldnt regret the design, Im just still uncertain for reasons Im not quite sure about. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom