U2 songs EVERYONE loves but you CANNOT HATE MORE?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
Wow, the last time I posted that I didn't like the Beatles, I got flamed. Now people are coming out and agreeing with me? Wow.

Axver, a couple of people posted saying they didn't agree with you, which is not the same as saying you got flamed.

As I said to you the previous time, U2 owe a lot to the Beatles and though I personally prefer to listen to U2 (along with most people on here I assume) I got the impression from the other thread that you had based your dislike of the Beatles on only a few songs that you had heard, so I would encourage you to explore the Beatles a bit more before you write them off.

That said music is personal to everyone so it is not compulsory to like the Beatles of course!

KhanadaRhodes said:

that's one good thing about there not being a classic rock station in town anymore, i don't have to hear the obligatory "we have to play the beatles because they're the best band ever, right?" song every hour, on the hour. :|

I often find that classic rock type stations just play the most obvious well-known songs by any artist - that applies to U2 as well to an extent. My favourite Beatles (or U2) tracks , you will never hear them on the radio.

MsMofoGone said:

BRAVO ... AXVER !!! :applaud:

I agree with you ... 100 % % % !!

Doesn't it tell you guys something that U2 have covered Beatles songs and also that Bono used to sing excerpts from many Beatles songs on stage? Bono is certainly a big Beatles fan and included the White Album in his favourite all time albums a while back.

Not liking the Beatles and worshipping U2 at the same time doesn't make too much sense to me. But :shrug:

How can you crazy motherfuckers not like "Please?" :wink:
No, just 'kidding! But to me it's in the top 10 of u2-songs!

Elevation is a fuckin' song I think! Play it with my band... :| :huh: :mad:

Spanish Eyes... obviously not a hit, but everyone seems to like it but me. I just can't stand that one.

I'm also not too fond of ABOY and most of the UF album, but those take a distant second.

Elevation, I guess. But it was a great opener, I'll give it that.

(not that I saw the Elevation tour, ha, I just forked over the cash for both DVDs:wink: )

I guess I also think Pride is pretty overrated. I wouldn't necessarily say I "cannot hate it more" but I can think of a gazillion other, better U2 songs that weren't as popular as this. I do like watching the live version that was on Rattle and Hum, you can see it at that yahoo/launch site thing under the U2 videos.

I'm not really well versed in the whole B-sides thing...I only have Mercy and live versions of Party Girl and Spanish Eyes (those were b-sides, right?), and I absolutely LOVE all three. Especially this version of Spanish Eyes I have:drool:

Yeah, sorry, this is not the thread for :drool: and :bow: this questions just too hard for me right now.

financeguy said:

Axver, a couple of people posted saying they didn't agree with you, which is not the same as saying you got flamed.

As I said to you the previous time, U2 owe a lot to the Beatles and though I personally prefer to listen to U2 (along with most people on here I assume) I got the impression from the other thread that you had based your dislike of the Beatles on only a few songs that you had heard, so I would encourage you to explore the Beatles a bit more before you write them off.

That said music is personal to everyone so it is not compulsory to like the Beatles of course!

I think I've actually posted it a couple of times before and one thread was civil, but on another, I was labelled an "idiot" who "doesn't have a clue about music" or something along those lines. Really to be expected, as most people seem to fall all over themselves in worshipping the Beatles.

I've heard more than enough Beatles to last me a lifetime. As I said before, I only find their songs worth listening to when U2 are playing them.

financeguy said:

Doesn't it tell you guys something that U2 have covered Beatles songs and also that Bono used to sing excerpts from many Beatles songs on stage?
Bono is certainly a big Beatles fan

And your point is ...... Bono is a Beatles fan ????
Well ... "Good For Bono" !!!! ....
And ... "I am a Bono fan" !!! ... yes, sir'eeee !!
But "NEVER" will I EVER be a Beatles fan !!
And I'll always believe that U2 does a BETTER performance
with Beatles songs than the Beatles do themselves !!!
100 % % % FACT !!!!!!! Open and shut case of the matter !!

Zootlesque said:

What do you mean? The one where you quoted Zoomerang's beautiful mugshot wasn't successful?

Hahahaha!! Oh dear god! I'm glad SOMEONE liked that. Maybe I'll do it again for old time's sake...

But yes, what I meant is I've FINALLY started a topic/discussion that's got quite a few replies and started debate etc...a rarity for me around here. :wink:

elevation...... a mole digging in a hole? :slant: come on bono you can do better than that!
bullet...can´t really put my finger on why, but i usually skip it.
beautiful day...overrated
the wanderer!!!

Lemon...WORST...SONG...EVER!!! (by U2 anyway) Between the damn falsetto through the whole thing and the cheesy beat, ugh. Of course 90% of this site is in love with it, so I'm dead :( And of the unreleased, Mercy is so overrated it's comical.

I will admit when the hubbub dies down 'Mercy' loses it's sheen...! Had I never heard from ANYONE about what they thought of it I wouldn't have known what to expect. I ended up being certain this was like U2's lost EPIC!

Ps. Lemon rules. :madspit:

the only song i think i actually hate is the wanderer
as for popular ones i either dont particularly like or at least dont see the fuss about:
still haven't found...
stuck in a moment
elevation
and if it weren't for edge, all because of you
he saves it

i used to quite dislike One actually, have massive arguments with people over it. But strangely over the past few months it's really really grown on me :shrug:

Bad. I just don't think it's all that great and I've seen it named repeatedly as the best song in the entire catalog, the definitive U2 song, etc etc. :shrug:

hide.gif

Last edited:
i cant stand the beatles beyond belief....

songs im sick of:
sunday bloody sunday
one
pride
new years day
bullet the blue sky

and those are all played on the current tour....

they should be replaced with:
acrobat
a day without me
11 o clock tick tock
ultraviolet
do you feel loved
dirty day
electric storm or
always

YOU may be tired of those songs, but like it or not, those are the songs the average and casual fan pays to hear and the band will not replace them with more obscure songs.

I dont hate hearing any U2 song but I would say that out of any track in the catalogue Beautiful Day is certainly the most over rated of the bunch with all that "comeback" arguement.

BigAl said:
Numb

It's probably the only U2 song that I really hate.

Just curious. Have you seen the video? Or... better question: was the first time you heard it also the first time you saw the video? That was the case for me. Maybe it makes a difference. :shrug:

One - I hated this song when I first heard AB and hated it more when it became a single.

Mysterious Ways - (same comment as above)

Elevation - (same comment as above)

Stuck... - (same comment as above)

Back
Top Bottom