U2 should replace Bono With Kate Bush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 wouldn't be nearly as popular as they are today if Bono wasn't the lead vocalist to begin with.

It's the truth; suck it up.

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:
U2 wouldn't be nearly as popular as they are today if Bono wasn't the lead vocalist to begin with.

PDVD_124.jpg

:drool: :drool:

LemonMelon said:

I agree. As much as people loathe Bono in this forum, that is the truth. I'm not sure if this topic was supposed to turn into another anti-Bono thread anyway... Screwtape was just wondering what female vocalists would work well with U2's sound. LOL.

Kate Bush would certainly be interesting... I think Annie Lennox would be good as well. I liked her duet on "40".

Last edited:
MrPryck2U said:
Bono is the LEAD singer of this rock band called U2. Sometimes, the guitarist of the group(This guy who calls himself The Edge) sings on some of the songs. Once again, Bono is the LEAD singer of U2. SOOOO, if he's NOT the LEAD singer, than it ain't U2. Do you all get it now?

But Edge is the LEAD singer (oooh CAPS LOCK OF TRUTH) on Van Diemen's Land. In fact, Bono isn't even on the track. Yet I don't see anyone disputing that Van Diemen's Land is not a "true" U2 song. So Bono doesn't HAVE to be the LEAD singer of U2 songs.

It's funny how some people here can't entertain purely hypothetical scenarios and have to derail threads with "waaaa! Bono HAS to be the lead singer!"

So please stop asking what about Van Dieman's Land?

What about Numb? :wink:

Axver said:

But Edge is the LEAD singer (oooh CAPS LOCK OF TRUTH) on Van Diemen's Land. In fact, Bono isn't even on the track. Yet I don't see anyone disputing that Van Diemen's Land is not a "true" U2 song. So Bono doesn't HAVE to be the LEAD singer of U2 songs.

It's funny how some people here can't entertain purely hypothetical scenarios and have to derail threads with "waaaa! Bono HAS to be the lead singer!"

What about Numb? :wink:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

To answer the question, we need a hot woman with a great voice and blue eyes and above all the things, that likes to write songs with kneel, soul and feel.

Who could it be? :hmm:

Christina Aguilera??? :giggle:

I would love to see Kate Bush in concert one day!! Great vocalist... I'm afraid the odds of Kate Bush doing a world tour are the same as Kate Bush singing in U2...

redhotswami said:

WHAT??! No I have not!!! I'm a terrible fan :sad:

I'm uploading it now, will post a link.

Seriously though, if U2 replaced a member would everyone stop listening? Would they necessarily suck? I mean, of course we all say they're not U2 without all 4 members...but if anybody left and they decided to continue I'd keep buying the records.

Unless it was Edge who left...U2 without Edge has serious "suck" potential...if some random Edge-replacement started playing Streets I might claw my own eyes out.

OK here it is...

http://download.y o u s e n d i t.com/263D3461277ED42F

Take out the spaces of course...RTSS cover by Tori, live @ Red Rocks.

CTU2fan said:

I'm uploading it now, will post a link.

Seriously though, if U2 replaced a member would everyone stop listening? Would they necessarily suck? I mean, of course we all say they're not U2 without all 4 members...but if anybody left and they decided to continue I'd keep buying the records.

Unless it was Edge who left...U2 without Edge has serious "suck" potential...if some random Edge-replacement started playing Streets I might claw my own eyes out.
:no: For me, it would never be the same. And I don't think they would continue. Seriously, I love to give people a chance, but U2 with any other member would be hard to listen to or watch. I think it would make me cry. There's just something magic about the four of them together and I seriously cannot imagine anyone being replaced.

redhotswami said:
Thank you sooooo much for this CTU2fan! :shocked: that was absolutely beautiful.

No problem. Yeah I really love it, Tori is cool.

This cover is amazing! :applaud: Thanks, CTU2 fan!

Amos is very good at doing covers. She once did an album of covers titled "Strange Little Girls," of men's songs (including Eminem's "Stan") sung in a women's point of view. An interesting work ...

Last edited:
jobob said:
This cover is amazing! :applaud: Thanks, CTU2 fan!

Amos is very good at doing covers. She once did an album of covers titled "Strange Little Girls," of men's songs (including Eminem's "Stan") sung in a women's point of view. An interesting work ...

That's a cool disc. Some of the covers are pretty weird, but it's still cool.

I also like her cover of "Losing My Religion", I think it's only on the Higher Learning soundtrack.

Kate Bush isn't cute enough any more.

Try replacing John and Paul from the Beatles

...Mick Jagger from the Stones
...Freddie Mercury from Queen

....it just doesn't work.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom