U2 should replace Bono With Kate Bush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Screwtape2

Blue Crack Addict
Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Dr
I'm of course joking but now that I have you attention, what would you think of a frontwoman for U2?

I for one think that the soaring and cinematic guitar sound of the Edge is made to duet with a female singer. Adam's basslines are very sensual. Larry's drumming is about the same as a drummachine so no problem there. I think U2 is built for a woman's voice.

I mean Horses, Stateless, Deep In The Heart, Elvis Presley & America and Walk To The Water would sound perfect with Tori Amos at the helm.

Imagine what wonders Kate Bush could do with One Tree Hill, Promenade, MLK, Surrender, Zooropa and Lemon.

I could keep listing artists but I'll leave that up to you. So, what would you think of a female singer for U2?

P.S. I made this for you, Brau. I hope you find this a "good" topic.

Screwtape2 said:
Imagine what wonders Kate Bush could do with One Tree Hill

Yikes, I don't want to even contemplate these "wonders".

Some other songs would work quite well though. I'd love to hear Pure Reason Revolution's female vocalist tackle Running To Stand Still.

MrPryck2U said:
If Bono ain't the singer, it ain't U2. Case dismissed.

Van Diemen's Land?

Bono does not = U2

BUT...

Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry = U2

In contrast...

Bono, Edge, and Larry does not = U2
Bono, Edge, and Adam does not = U2
Bono, Adam, and Larry does not = U2
Edge, Adam, and Larry does not = U2

They're all equally important. Kate Bush singing Lemon with the rest of U2 would be no better than her doing it by herself in a karaoke bar, or if Mary J. Blige :)huh: ) did it with the rest of U2, because it would simply be a lame cover.

Case dismissed.

MrPryck2U said:
Ok, once again this time...with feeling. If Bono ain't the LEAD singer, then it ain't U2.

Van Diemen's Land isn't a U2 song?

Ever hear Tori's RTSS cover? Nice.

I'd replace Bono with Melissa Etheridge before Kate Bush, personally.

Or what about Tracy Chapman???

CTU2fan said:
Ever hear Tori's RTSS cover? Nice.

I'd replace Bono with Melissa Etheridge before Kate Bush, personally.

Or what about Tracy Chapman???

Melissa Etheridge would be a good choice I think... or perhaps Alanis Morissette...

Axver said:

Van Diemen's Land isn't a U2 song?

But Bono was in the background making faces at Edge, trying to make him laugh when he was recording it, so you could say that Bono is technically on the track.

Freddie Mercury + U2 = :hyper: [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow, best rock vocalist ever with best rock group :drool:

I miss him so much :sad:

LemonMelon said:
Bono does not = U2

BUT...

Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry = U2

In contrast...

Bono, Edge, and Larry does not = U2
Bono, Edge, and Adam does not = U2
Bono, Adam, and Larry does not = U2
Edge, Adam, and Larry does not = U2

They're all equally important. Kate Bush singing Lemon with the rest of U2 would be no better than her doing it by herself in a karaoke bar, or if Mary J. Blige :)huh: ) did it with the rest of U2, because it would simply be a lame cover.

Case dismissed.

For many people who don't know U2 as we do...

U2 = Bono (+ some other guys)

Bono is the LEAD singer of this rock band called U2. Sometimes, the guitarist of the group(This guy who calls himself The Edge) sings on some of the songs. Once again, Bono is the LEAD singer of U2. SOOOO, if he's NOT the LEAD singer, than it ain't U2. Do you all get it now? I don't give a shit if Edge sang like 3 bloody songs. I don't care if Kate Bush sings better than Bono. It ain't U2 if Bono ain't the LEAD singer. So please stop asking what about Van Dieman's Land?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom