U2 on Jimmy Fallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just watched the performances and sketches.

1-Beautiful Day was a very solid performance. Bono sounded great as did the rest of the band.
2-SFS sounded great as well. The opening with guitar was a nice touch and this version has more punch than the acoustic. I liked it a lot.
3-AOH was awesome.
4-Bike sketch was funny, especially the very end.
5-Subway performance de was very cool, not great but good.
6-Sneak peak into the tour was very exciting and it looks like it is going to be a hell of a show.
7-I like Jimmy Fallon and it was cool to see how big of a U2 fan he is. He seemed so pumped to be around them (again).

Bono looks great, best I've seen him since the SOI era began. Biggest take away for me from the performances was that these guys sound tight and are in mid-tour form!

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Great

All the performances were great. I don't love Song for Someone but it worked live and changes my perspective on the song. This is why I still love this band. Can't wait to see them in Boston!

WTF - I just watched it on my DVR and totally missed Angel of Harlem. When the hell was it? Did I fast forward through it? Seems pretty fricking unlikely. And I even extended the recording in case it went long.

Damn it.

SO EXCITED FOR THURSDAY OMG.

Also, I am pleased that Bono's blonde hair looks less alarming than I first thought. :wink:

(Still don't like Song For Someone. Oh well.)

WTF - I just watched it on my DVR and totally missed Angel of Harlem. When the hell was it? Did I fast forward through it? Seems pretty fricking unlikely. And I even extended the recording in case it went long.

Damn it.

SO EXCITED FOR THURSDAY OMG.

Also, I am pleased that Bono's blonde hair looks less alarming than I first thought. :wink:

It didn't air for some bizarre reason; it's only online. What a shame, best part of the show.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Ah, okay. Yeah, it was great. I was thinking at the end of the show 'Huh, what happened to AoH?'

It's really, really bad. He looks like the douchebag everyone says he is.

Hey, maybe that's point.

I don't agree about the hair. It's cooler than last year in my opinion.
They all looked really refreshed in the BD vid (haven't seen the other ones yet). It even struck me at one point that lookswise it feels more like a natural progression from their Pop days than their ATYCLB image did back in the day (but I'm sure many people would prefer them going the safe road in terms of looks).

The hair is better now than the greasemullet. :wink:

Watched SFS this morning... still nothing. I'd be really surprised if I'll like it live, but for now it seems like a perfect moment for a piss break. And the solo is still Crazy Tonight pt. 2. :D

It's possibly the worst hair he's ever had, except for that time he had no hair.

Worse than "Vertigo" hair?

In the end, he gets less real hair and more faux hair each year....

2001- Real 80% "other" 20%
2005- Real 60% "other" 40%
2009- Real 40% "other" 60%
2015- Real 15% "other" 85%

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I've been having this conversation in my head now and again, "Is it worse than the grease mullet?". I have yet to form a conclusion, thus the use of the word "possibly". Let there be no mistake, the grease mullet was a travesty.

It was really a silly idea to leave AOH off of the broadcast. Everyone has seen Beautiful Day; I think that including one of the coolest performances that U2 have done in years would have done a much better job at creating a bit of excitement.

Add it to the list of bone-headed decisions since the end of the Vertigo Tour. (Maybe it wasn't U2's choice, but I would SO not be surprised if it was.)

Bono has had three notably horrendous hairstyles:

1984/1985 "holy shit what forest creature died on my head last night" cut

2005 greasemullet

2015 blonde douchebro cut

The forest animal cut makes you want to swing a broom at Bono's head to get that shit away. The greasemullet makes you want to give Bono a couple bucks so he can wash his hair at a truck stop bathroom. His new cut really just makes me want to punch the guy, or at least his hair. It's a more visceral reaction.

Last edited:
I've been having this conversation in my head now and again, "Is it worse than the grease mullet?". I have yet to form a conclusion, thus the use of the word "possibly". Let there be no mistake, the grease mullet was a travesty.

:uhoh: But but but, how? The greasemullet is just instant OH HELL NO.. this is just wrong, but it's so much less wrong than the greasemullet. Especially on stage when it got hot and sweaty. :yuck:

u2bono03.jpg

Sadly, this time it isn't Pavel.

I like what he's got going on up top. The bright yellow sides make the whole thing just too WTF.

I want that fucking video of them playing "California"!!

I like what he's got going on up top. The bright yellow sides make the whole thing just too WTF.

exactly! If the sides wee only darker it would be fine....

.... so yeah, Vertigo-tour hair disaster still tops the worse style list.

Every time someone mentions the "greasemullet," I just assume they meant Larry's Vertigo hair. Because a) it looked hella greasy; and b) it was actually a mullet.

Bono's hair was baaaaad, but I would not call it a greasemullet. I'd call it ... well, I'd just call it NO.

Every time someone mentions the "greasemullet," I just assume they meant Larry's Vertigo hair. Because a) it looked hella greasy; and b) it was actually a mullet.

Bono's hair was baaaaad, but I would not call it a greasemullet. I'd call it ... well, I'd just call it NO.

Originally the term Greasemullet was used for Larry indeed, but apparently it works for Bono as well.

I wanna watch the full show. Dows anyone know if/when this will be broadcast in the UK? Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom