U2 In Nawlins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
I knew this was gonna happen at least with Edge but B too!:drool:

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I WANNA GO TO NAWLINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad: :sad: :sad:

FROM U2LOG.COM

U2 in Nawlins
cindy // 28-04-06 // 10:22 PM // Comments (1)

Two members of U2 are currently visiting the great city of New Orleans. Last night (April 27), The Edge made an appearance at the reopening of Preservation Hall, an historic jazz club located in the French Quarter (the landmark location suffered damage during Hurricane Katrina). Edge performed “Vertigo” with local musicians Clint Maedgen, Benjamine Jaffe, and Lucien Barbarin.

Also last night, Bono was spotted at a show by funk band Galactic at Tipitina’s Uptown, another well-known music club in the city. After the show, Bono chatted with fans, who were very surprised to see the U2 frontman there.

Bono and Edge are likely to be seen again in the city at other shows, which there are plenty of during the New Orleans Jazz Festival.

:scream:

I'd still considered going, even after U2 weren't announced as performing. I'm glad to hear they're both there, and I had a hunch they might be.

And I'm thrilled to be reading the first reports from Jazz Fest. New Orleans needs its energy (and frankly, its revenue) desperately this year.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

And I'm thrilled to be reading the first reports from Jazz Fest. New Orleans needs its energy (and frankly, its revenue) desperately this year.

:yes: I totally agree with ya NO needs that moola badly! Thank god for the Jazz Fest... I hope it helps!:wink:

Here's what I got via email on the jazz fest:

On Sunday, April 30 from 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm CST MSN Video will be webcasting some great performances from the first weekend of Jazz Fest. Some of the performances include Bruce Springsteen with the Seeger Sessions Band, The Dave Matthews Band, Sonny Landreth, Galactic, Shades of Praise Choir, Dr. John, The subdudes, Allen Toussaint, Elvis Costello, Herbie Hancock, Keb Mo and more!

The Festival will also be webcasting on Sunday, May 7 from 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm CST with performances from the second weekend including Jimmy Buffet, Paul Simon, Irma Thomas, Buckwheat Zydeco and many more!

Here's the link: http://msnvideo.com/jazzfest

well at least we can watch it... however it would be so much better to actually be there! :sad:

MSN has a webcast of the Festival going.

Here is the line up for this afternoon:

http://www.nojazzfest.com/schedule/42906.html

Dave Matthews is scheduled to perform about 5:20pm EST.

We all knew with Edge's concern for New Orleans recovery and Bono's concern for the downtrodden that they would both have been at the N.O. Jazz and Heritage Festival!

Very, very cool. :bow: :edge: :bono: :hug:

Jamila said:
MSN has a webcast of the Festival going.

see my above post.. I already posted this and the link to it. But its only portions of the fest(not the entire jazz fest).. And the webcast is on sunday and next sunday only. But I am sure the performances from today, at least the major ones will be on tomorrow's webcast. Especially DMB...

I read the title of this thread and went What the hell is Nawlins, so it's short for New Orleans :huh:

just got a message from a friend who is down there right now - he has seen DM and Edge - he hasn't heard about Bono appearing but he's pretty much confirmed that Edge will be on stage

Oh - my - god. My two worlds have just collided. U2 and DMB? Never thought it would happen. Can't wait to hear this............wish I was there, doubt this will ever happen again.

Thanks all for the heads up! Couldn't decide between DMB or Etta James :) So glad I checked during the break! Jazzfest is awesome! We should have an Interference convention here next year!
nurse chrissi said:
just got a message from a friend who is down there right now - he has seen DM and Edge - he hasn't heard about Bono appearing but he's pretty much confirmed that Edge will be on stage

nurse chrissi said:

damn it i am SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! *stomps foot* still wish i was there! :mad:

The show has begun for DMB and so far this is what has happened:

One Sweet World *
Pig *
Hunger For The Great Light *
Recently *

Show Notes:
* Rashawn Ross

No mention of Bono or Edge yet.

kellyahern said:
Does anyone know what song The Edge sang with the New Birth Brass Band?

and how fast we can get audio from it?:drool:

kassandra - thanks for the update on the Dave Matthews setlist

from u2log

One of U2log.com's editors is on the scene. She just saw Dallas Schoo tech'ing a single guitar before the DMB set. So it looks like The Edge will be joining Dave Matthews on stage. And where there's an Edge, there's often a Bono.

No problem! Here is some more:

One Sweet World *
Pig *
Hunger For The Great Light *
Recently *
Old Dirt Hill *
American Baby Intro *

Show Notes:
* Rashawn Ross

Just wondering when and if they will join in!

nurse chrissi said:
from u2log

One of U2log.com's editors is on the scene. She just saw Dallas Schoo tech'ing a single guitar before the DMB set. So it looks like The Edge will be joining Dave Matthews on stage. And where there's an Edge, there's often a Bono.

:hyper:

r2011991830.jpg

Irish musician The Edge (R) of U2 laughs with Glenn David Andrews of the New Birth Brass Band during a performance at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival in New Orleans April 29, 2006. REUTERS/Lee Celano
Reuters - 1 hour, 59 minutes ago

r1341807978.jpg

Irish musician The Edge (L) of U2 raises his arms with Quint Davis (R), producer and director of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, during a performance at the festival in New Orleans April 29, 2006. REUTERS/Lee Celano
Reuters - 1 hour, 34 minutes ago

*** does the happy happy dance*** :dancing: :dance:

GO EDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE LUV YA!!

its great to see him having such a great time.. in his element..:wink:

luv dallas too! he's such a sweetie!

wow, i think PLEBA is officially hosting a DMB setlist party.......... very cool.

:)

Back
Top Bottom