U2 Fan Club - Live Nation Changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DoctorMacPhisto

War Child
So, after reading about the 12 year deal with Live Nation. I was wondering to myself...what will happen to the website? And what will happen to the fan club?

I hope that when they revamp the website for the new album, it will be even more interactive than the current one.

I also hope that they make a new fanclub, with more fan exclusives and all that good stuff. Granted, it will probably be more expensive.

Thoughts?

we'll get 12 more years of ranting like:
1.Bono get in the studio
2.Adam started moving
3.Larry can't drum
4.Edge is god
5.The director is piece of shit

The fan club still has to milk off soundtracks to all official concert dvd's and then we might be seeing some more un-commong shows...

I'm actually excited by the possibilities of someone else running U2.com because that site has never lived up to its potential. According to the latest Rolling Stone, the band will also be able to sell tickets to fans directly through U2.com and not have to use Ticketmaster, which is fabulous. John Mayer already uses that system (his fan club is run by Musictoday, which is owned by Live Nation) and his presales work.

This deal could actually end up being really great for us fans.

Wilco runs their presales through Musictoday. I've had so-so luck with them, but they always keep their prices lower than Ticketmaster. Their merchandising is also a bit better than Fanfire, too.

i have no faith in what happens to that fan club at all.. I am sure it won't change much if at all..

I have been with this fanclub since it basically started. And its been below average.. just plain crap.
And since Live Nation already owns signature networks which runs the fanclub and the nightmare they are in regards to getting anything you order thru them plus the resubscription packages not getting to people for months, literally.:mad: :censored:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom