u2.com member GA line - Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTB

Acrobat
Don't recall seeing this addressed anywhere but if I'm a u2.com member and the person I'm going to the show with isn't, do they get to go in the u2.com line with me or do we get split up? That would really suck. I know about getting beeped and being able to bring someone in the ellipse with you but what about the lines. Can anyone who's been to any shows yet clarify this? Thanks

It's been explained millions of times. Certain shows had on internet presale. If your show had an internet presale and it says in type example W-Fan or W-Pre, then you are in the U2.com member line. For shows Adult on your ticket you go to the other line. If there was no presale, then you show your u2.com membership card or print out your u2.com membership information from the website and you will be in the u2.com line.

I know it's been explained a million times about "that" but you didn't see the real question. The question is if I'm a u2.com member and my guest isn't then is my guest not allowed in the u2.com line with me?
Also, it has nothing to do with the tickets having "FAN" on them. The show I have GA for didn't have a presale. I know all there is to know about seperate lines, having my membership card or profile with me, getting beeped to get into the ellipse, etc; The only thing I don't know and havn't seen discussed is "can your guest, who isn't a u2.com member" get into the "same" line as you.

ZOOTB said:

Thank you! I thought it was just me.

I think he answered your question. There are two types of shows that you need to consider:

1. Shows that had a U2.com pre-sale
2. Shows that did not have a U2.com pre-sale

For type 1, the U2.com line is made up of people who got there tickets through the U2.com pre-sale. That's it. So if you have two tickets that you bought through the pre-sale, you and your pet cat could get in the line.

For type 2, since there was no pre-sale, there is no differentiation between tickets. So, the U2.com line is made up of member who I think have a print out of their membership profile with them, and the general line is for everyone else. I believe how ever that I have heard stories that if only one person is a member, that you can bring the other person over to the U2.com line.

XBL

I am positive that at the 4-5 staples show, there were groups of 2 that were split up because one was a member and the other was not. This was done by the staples security though and could vary from venue to venue.

P.S. they were not vary careful about looking at the profile's actual information. ie: no need to pull out ID.

Here are my thoughts:

1. If you are a member of U2.com - get in the "member line". It doesn't matter if you have the "FAN" code on your ticket. My ticket said "ADULT" even though I bought the ticket through the pre-sale.

2. If you are with a non-member, you both go in the same member line. I was with my wife (a non-member) in the U2.com line.

I used TicketFast for all my orders and do not see W-Fan or W-Pre anywhere. Are these indeed printed out on TF tix?

Never recd a membership card also. Guess I'll have to beg to get into the u2.com line.

mdiver65 said:
I used TicketFast for all my orders and do not see W-Fan or W-Pre anywhere. Are these indeed printed out on TF tix?

Never recd a membership card also. Guess I'll have to beg to get into the u2.com line.

Print up your profile from U2.com - that is all you need.

XBL_AchtungBaby said:

I think he answered your question. There are two types of shows that you need to consider:

1. Shows that had a U2.com pre-sale
2. Shows that did not have a U2.com pre-sale

For type 1, the U2.com line is made up of people who got there tickets through the U2.com pre-sale. That's it. So if you have two tickets that you bought through the pre-sale, you and your pet cat could get in the line.

For type 2, since there was no pre-sale, there is no differentiation between tickets. So, the U2.com line is made up of member who I think have a print out of their membership profile with them, and the general line is for everyone else. I believe how ever that I have heard stories that if only one person is a member, that you can bring the other person over to the U2.com line.

XBL

Thank you. Quote "I believe how ever that I have heard stories that if only one person is a member, that you can bring the other person over to the U2.com line."

Thats probably the only part I did not answer about bringing a guess to the U2.com line.

Has anyone had arena security check the tickets?

I know if you ask security, they will give you an answer. But has security approached people in line to check the tickets?

Well in SanJose at the first show, we started out in one long line. As we approached the door, they split us in two lines, one for U2.com members and the other for non-members. The lines were side by side, and the security people told us flat out that no one was checking the tickets. And they didn't. Our line was moving at the same pace as the non-member line. It didn't really matter what line you were in cause they all kind of blended together.

Back
Top Bottom