[U2.com] In London, Shooting A Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They can't change #1, please, please no!! Any of the others I wouldnt mind but #1 is like my favourite piece of music bar none at the moment even in with all the background noise and stuff...!

(PS I actually dreamt about this song a couple of nights ago... It was the first song on the album but it had a really long, ambient intro... :hmm:)

Epic is the only word that describes it.

I think you guys will find this amusing this little rant was posted in the "Letters" section of today's Guardian newspaper regarding the U2 studio shot above

I think we can take it that the Health and Safety Executive sent someone immediately to Olympic Studios after seeing your photograph of U2 at work (Eyewitness, December 12). I have never seen so many trip hazards in one room. Furthermore, I am not sure there is a clear path to the fire exit from the drum kit enclosure. And is that a coffee mug sitting on top of electrical equipment?
David Bird
Luton

haha that is brilliant! "trip hazards" lmfao!!!

I think you guys will find this amusing this little rant was posted in the "Letters" section of today's Guardian newspaper regarding the U2 studio shot above

I think we can take it that the Health and Safety Executive sent someone immediately to Olympic Studios after seeing your photograph of U2 at work (Eyewitness, December 12). I have never seen so many trip hazards in one room. Furthermore, I am not sure there is a clear path to the fire exit from the drum kit enclosure. And is that a coffee mug sitting on top of electrical equipment?
David Bird
Luton

OMG! Are you kidding me? Has that guy even walked into a studio before? Please. Everyone's an expert.

He should worry about the hazard of his tongue tripping over his complete idiocy.

I guess that guy's letter was meant to be a joke. Honestly, I cannot believe someone would write something like that in all seriousness. He should come and see my home, it's full of potential health hazards. :lol:

And what's that with Larry not having a clear path to the fire exit from his drumkit?

OMG, just imagine Edge is on fire and Larry cannot get out.

I hope he's okay. :sad:

OMG! Are you kidding me? Has that guy even walked into a studio before? Please. Everyone's an expert.

He should worry about the hazard of his tongue tripping over his complete idiocy.

I suspect you have misplaced your sense of humour. Would you like some help finding it?

I suspect you have misplaced your sense of humour. Would you like some help finding it?

No, its right here along with everything else, but thank you. Its too big to lose.

Judging by the large number of similarly written idiotic rant letters to newspapers that are actually SERIOUS...I don't think I was way off base for assuming this one was similar.

It's totally tongue in cheek, don't worry... typical dry british sense of humour. Over the top "Health and Safety" regulation is the butt of a lot of a lot of jokes over here.

Though I did consider that Edge and Larry could be buried somewhere in the absolute PILES of junk and boxes right at the back of the picture!! It really is a mess!

It's totally tongue in cheek, don't worry... typical dry british sense of humour. Over the top "Health and Safety" regulation is the butt of a lot of a lot of jokes over here.

Though I did consider that Edge and Larry could be buried somewhere in the absolute PILES of junk and boxes right at the back of the picture!! It really is a mess!

See there's the disconnect.

I'm living in ultra liberal America where the majority of the people who take the time to write letters to newspapers are bitching and moaning about the most ridiculous nit picky things. The sad thing is that these people are the driving force for change in our country. Its kind of like the squeeky hinge getting the oil. One or two idiots writes a complaint letter and companies or federal commissions get into a tizzy.

If our papers had more humor in them outside of the comics section then maybe I'd read them more.

Thanks for the explanation though.

OMG I live in Putney and Barnes/Olympic Studios is about 5 mins walk from my house!!

Does anyone know if the band are still there recording? I might bust down there this afternoon and see what I can see.

Can't believe that U2 are making their album in my 'hood!!!

I'm almost positive they've been done "recording" at Olympic studios for 2 months now...Lanois went there mid November to help finish mixing the album and I'm pretty sure U2 have finished that off as well.
Generally for privacy and security reasons..pics like the one released of U2 at Olympic studios will be put in the paper after they're gone....the disc(s) are probably out in L.A. being mastered at this moment.
Ithink the last thing U2 did at the studio was 3 weeks ago...that cover of Greg Lake's "I Believe in Father Christmas" was shot there.

If our papers had more humor in them outside of the comics section then maybe I'd read them more.

The Guardian is a great paper - fairly liberal outlook but not over the top and generally a great standard of writing, especially when it comes to things like reviews and op-ed pieces. It's also the best designed and laid out newspaper I can think of and has won many awards for this aspect. Their website too is a brilliant source for news, cultural commentary and plain good journalism. Highly recommended! I think Britain is lucky to have a few newspapers like this where they are something in between the trashy tabloids and the po-faced "serious" papers. Not sure if there's the equivalent in America.

The Guardian is a great paper - fairly liberal outlook but not over the top and generally a great standard of writing, especially when it comes to things like reviews and op-ed pieces. It's also the best designed and laid out newspaper I can think of and has won many awards for this aspect. Their website too is a brilliant source for news, cultural commentary and plain good journalism. Highly recommended! I think Britain is lucky to have a few newspapers like this where they are something in between the trashy tabloids and the po-faced "serious" papers. Not sure if there's the equivalent in America.

Well, as far as great layout and design there's USA Today. Pretty solid and relatively well representing most view points. As far as great info, the afore mentioned USA Today is pretty good, so is the New York Times....though I'm really not crazy about the layout as much.

I've been getting most of my info from the internet anyway, so I guess I'm further perpetuating the death of print media in my own miniscule little way.

OMG, just imagine Edge is on fire and Larry cannot get out.

I hope he's okay. :sad:

I should imagine this is a well practiced drill now, seeing as Edge has been on fire for years :lol: Don't worry about Larry, he will be fine! Easy exit. My concern is Bono! He is stuffed right at the back on the Piano! I hope he is ok :sad:

:hmm: Interesting...u2tour.de claims that is Edge on the piano. *squints hard*

Any way of getting a bigger version of that pic ?

I have edited the pic, it's not very good, but it's clear it's Bono, and The Edge doesn't have so much hair (to say the least).

Dibujo.jpg

It's Bono - says so in the caption...
Plus Edge would have to have had a miracle regrowth of hair because the guy on the piano isn't wearing a hat!

I've been listening to the #4 beach clip over and over again (Only Love) and this better be on the album, it's sensational, the chorus, the guitar solos, the space in the song to let it just flow and the end is just plain epic!!!

#4 is my favorite clip, Walk Out Into The Streets is ok the way it is, but I hope it's improved, sounds a bit strained, Boots is a grower, but if they released #4 as the lead single, it would be quite unbelievable!

I've been listening to the #4 beach clip over and over again (Only Love) and this better be on the album, it's sensational, the chorus, the guitar solos, the space in the song to let it just flow and the end is just plain epic!!!

One of the best SONGS, not just U2 songs, but songs I've heard in a long, long time.

If for some crazy reason its not on the album I just hope that I hear a recorded version on CD some day in my life:bow:

DSC02282.jpg

David Bird
Luton

Occ Health and Safety just ruins it for everyone really :lol:

I'm almost positive they've been done "recording" at Olympic studios for 2 months now...Lanois went there mid November to help finish mixing the album and I'm pretty sure U2 have finished that off as well.
Generally for privacy and security reasons..pics like the one released of U2 at Olympic studios will be put in the paper after they're gone....the disc(s) are probably out in L.A. being mastered at this moment.
Ithink the last thing U2 did at the studio was 3 weeks ago...that cover of Greg Lake's "I Believe in Father Christmas" was shot there.

Damn, if you're right that's a shame. They were 5 mins away from where I live, so close and yet so far!

I did go for a walk in Barnes today and passed the studio (just in case there was anything still to see) :wink:

Here's the picture I took on my phone:

zvv79c.jpg

I'm guessing that NONE of the beach clips or any other old leaked clips are the final versions due to the fact that they decided to go back and rework the songs and come up with a couple more new ones. I'm sure some are similar, but the end products will probably differ in some way shape or form from what was leaked.

Mr. The Edge said:
It’s a record of two halves. One half is songs that came virtually fully-formed out of sessions we did with Brian and Danny – stuff we’ve only played once or maybe twice and that’s it: just the raw moment of creation. Then the other half is material we’ve kicked around a while and went through the usual cycle of versions and incarnations

I would guess by virtue of Clip1 being in the Lanois film, that it might very well be in the same form it's been, for quite a while.

Now, the quality of these clips is so 'iffy' that's it's hard to say whether or not it's in 'final version' shape. Thus I would defer to what Edge said and 'guess' that some of it (maybe half of it) has not been changed much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom