U2 At The Oscars - Post Your Thoughts Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
God!

Eminem? I really thought U2 would win, and i would not be very upset if they lost to Paul Simon... but Eminem? I'm very sorry. This is just foolish.

I loved U2's performance. I really wonder about that opera-part. Did he do that?

I don't think he totally did the opera part, sounded like he sang along with the taped version as he did, I think on the today show.
No matter, it's still a terrific performance. Saw a video of it and these are the changed lyrics:
Late in the spring
Yellow cloud on a desert skyline
Some Fathers Son
Is it his or is it mine....:heart:

Last edited:
Are we going to get to see Bono get hammered at the after show party?

SkeeK said:
I don't like how they cut out an entire verse.. come on i'm sure they can afford more than 3.5 minutes to a vocal performance. :mad:

Yeah, I didnt like the one verse being gone. I didnt really like the new verse at all either. Oh well, beggers cant be choosers.

Thanks for the links.

Eminem?........wtf?........even streisand was shocked when she read it...........

But amazing performance regardless, and what a great picture with our guys and their girls .......I wish we could get an interview, but NO just this year when someone I actually like is there, they cancel the whole damn thing.....

Anyone else notice how moved Daniel Day Lewis was by the performance of "Hands"?

Almost looked like he was crying.

OK, as if I needed another reason to dislike Eminem! :down:

I didn't notice the SBS drumbeat at the end until I rewound the tape and watched it a second time. Awesome!

Collin Farrell's speech introducing the song was excellent, but what the heck was it that he was saying at the very end? I'm assuming it was in Gaelic, but what was it???

FUCK THE OSCARS!!

I can't believe I sat through that stupid show. It was unbelievably corny. As if Chicago, Lord of the Rings, Gangs of New York and the Hours was the only movie that was released this year. I mean, I wouldn't care if u2 lost to anybody else but eminem. I mean, Eminem didn't even care to show up.....he obviously didn't give a shit. U2 went up there and played their hearts out. I mean, they did really good. Bono's voice was in top shape. It's a sad story when a really talented and meaningful group like U2, not to mention Paul Simon or the Chicago song.... lose out to Eminem, who just busted a few rhymes over a pre recorded track. The music industry has become something ugly... I have lost all respect for it. I can't turn on MTV now, cause ALL it is is crap. VH1 = crap. M2 = crap. Muchmusic = crap. Award shows that are supposed to award actual talent have sold out to get popularity from a younger generation. Fuck it.

Am I then the only one who likes Lose Yourself? I think it's a great and catchy track and does deserve an Oscar.

Marty

(who might even consider Lose Yourself better than THTBA - blasphemy!)

Popmartijn said:
Am I then the only one who likes Lose Yourself? I think it's a great and catchy track and does deserve an Oscar.

Marty

(who might even consider Lose Yourself better than THTBA - blasphemy!)

No, that's okay. Everyone's entitled to their opinion....

....ah fuck it. Emimen is a god damn joke, it's out of pure hype and shock value that he even has a career. People say he's a good lyric writer. Finding things to rhyme with Shady isn't groundbreaking stuff. THTBA definately deserves to beat the shit out of that song.

The_acrobat said:
FUCK THE OSCARS!!

my sentiments exactly. i even said it in a different thread. i don't like watching my favourite band lose to someone who i hate just as much as i like the band i wanted to win.
and then there's the fact that my favourite actor and favourite movie didn't win

u2 got robbed... what was the academy thinking... it's a shame they went all that way without actually coming home with an oscar. too bad.

SBS beat was cool .... Wish we could hear Bono's speach if they once that is.

How the f**k can they lose to Eminem?????Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Pun intended, but everything I know is wrong. On top of that, I missed their performance, but at least my best friend taped it.

bayernfc said:
Eminem?........wtf?........even streisand was shocked when she read it...........

But amazing performance regardless, and what a great picture with our guys and their girls .......I wish we could get an interview, but NO just this year when someone I actually like is there, they cancel the whole damn thing.....

She sounded like she was happy. :rolleyes:

unbiased opinion

eminem deserved to win, it was the better song by a mile

eminem is one of the artists that i dont own any cds of that i dont have to change channel if he gets played on radio

the Hands that Built America is way too inappropriate to win at this time

that and its just full of wank

Atleast we got to see the boys perform and it was great, the lyrics change and the SBS drum ending. I was shocked they didn't win either, but Lose Yourself is a pretty good tune and it's ironic bc I saw 8 mile on Fri. night!!

Very passionate performance and it was strange seeing Adam with no glasses on! I thought the last line Bono sang was is it your oil or is it mine but I saw the the list this morning.

Can't wait for the new album and I'd take a new album over an Oscar any day of the week!

I thought Bono's voice sucked in the operatic part. But overall it was ok. I liked the changed verse, it was moving. And I did notice Daniel Day Lewis had tears in his eyes...
I couldn't care less for the missed oscar.

I thought U2's performance was outstanding of a song that I think is mediocre. But it seems to come to life live like many of their songs. I hope they play it on the next tour now.

Regarding losing to Eminem. Nothing surprises me any longer with these award shows after U2 lost to a Blue Grass compilation album at the grammys. Take it with a grain of salt.

Bono looked and sounded great and I wish they had won:sad: Looking at the pics is so sad now, it really looked like it was their night. I was dreaming of pics of them holding the Oscar.

This is such a great pic of them all! I wish it could have had a happy ending.

336%3B739523232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2327%3D366%3D%3C49%3Dxroqdf%3E232338373%3C366ot1lsi

Bono, you are gorgeous and wonderful in every way and I love ya :hug:

336%3B739523232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2327%3D366%3D%3C49%3Dxroqdf%3E232338373%3C363ot1lsi

I love U2 and I'm very proud of the best band in the world.

Last edited:
Today, when i got at school, some of my classmates startet talking about U2 losing the Oscar to Eminem on purpose, bc they knew i would get mad at them.:mad:

I told them to f**k off!!:wink:

I am truly disappointed bono lip-synched the "opera" part.

Back
Top Bottom