U2 360° At The Rose Bowl DVD & Blu-Ray - [Possible New Songs] - All Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phhhhhbt

that's weird. And kind of lame.

But who am I kidding? I'll totally shell out for the fancy-schmancy version anyway, because that's how I roll.

I was totally getting the Blu-Ray version anyway, but it's just weird.

Luckily I have that day off for Anaheim recovery, so I will be able to purchase and watch my 3rd U2 show in 3 days. :hyper:

what also worries me is that i would have thought they'd announce the new songs now, since people can start preordering.

oh well....hopefully we still get a new single at the least.

I'm guessing the Breathe "bonus track" will not be integrated into the concert on the deluxe and blu-ray editions....

Why did they do this??? :huh:

Still gonna buy it though.

Two possibilities:

1. They didn't have enough room for Breathe on the first disc (bullshit; and even if this were the case, you wouldn't cut the opener).
2. That's a difference performance entirely.

Well, OK, three(!):

3. Sheer incompetence.

And no, we're probably not getting new songs. We're not even getting the concert opener.

im wondering if this omission of Breathe means they aren't going to play it on the upcoming leg(s) when the tour resumes?

I guess we will know in a couple of months...

they probably wasted too long in production meetings debating whether it should be breathE or breath, and nobody could find a dictionary, the meetings lasted well into the night, money pouring out of their bank accounts, until finally the DVD design had to be pressed omitting Breathe until a later date when they could all agree, and when Edge was present... :wink:

What a curious decision.

Even if the audio was fucked, or the performance not up to par, so the fuck what? It's the opener for shit's sake. The fans are freaking out, etc.

I've said it before and I'll say it again for the first time in a few months:

I love the band to death, always will, but they sure make some frustrating decisions. I don't think it's at all nit-picky to question this.

Yes! Tempted to watch a second time even lol! No seriously, it's bringing all the memories back (not that they'd ever gone! Or that I attended that particular show... but you know what I mean!)
:love:

I am already watching it again. :shifty: Although part of the reason is I was at that show and may be pausing and looking for myself. :shifty:

Is it June 5th yet?

In lieu of new songs, I suggest that the band dedicate One speeches to each of the 38 people who decide to buy the My Content Is Like Woah edition, considering they'll be impoverished after purchasing it anyway.

This means we won't be getting Kingdom of Your Love as the intro song. Or maybe they'll have Kingdom and then cut directly to Boots....

First time an official U2 concert film doesn't have an intro song and opener. :doh:

Part of me is still holding out hope that the overpriced version will have a disc of new songs or a link to new songs. The other part of me is pissed that I would have to pay that much to get them.

I'm planning on getting the Blu-ray, and I would not be happy if I had to pay over $100 to get another version just to download a few demos.

Just release an EP forcryingoutloud.

This means we won't be getting Kingdom of Your Love as the intro song. Or maybe they'll have Kingdom and then cut directly to Boots....

First time an official U2 concert film doesn't have an intro song and opener. :doh:

Have no idea how they'll do an intro without ... well... an intro!

Such a shame, because it's that part that everyone remembers the most. You can't fake the chills that you get whenever Kingdom plays, the SOONs beckoning you, everyone doing that weird trance like swaying as if they'll either take off or be sick :hyper:

Yeah, hoping they didn't cut Kingdom too. But I wouldn't be surprised. :shifty:

Wow, the video they posted really does look terrific. Very nice. Unfortunately, I was reminded of just how awful a night Bono had. Is it just me, or does he sound like he just woke up when delivering the first verse of GOYB (no wonder they cut Breathe; he must have fallen asleep in the middle)? Absolutely awful. Even Vertigo, which usually kicks ass in spite of itself wasn't very strong. The makers of this ad have some massive balls putting them back-to-back, BTW. :lol:

OK, I'll quit bitching. There's absolutely no way I'm buying the standard edition, I never do, but I am mildly curious to see what was so wrong with Breathe, so the deluxe is tempting. I just can't imagine sitting through such a terrible vocal performance; it would be like U2 choosing to release the 1997 Sarajevo gig as a representation of Popmart. They pretty much did it here.

Yeah, video is great, but Bono sounds well out of breath(e) during GOYB (geddit??? out of breath???)

Love the subtle variation on the delivery of vertigo though

Ok: so they cut the best of the new songs off the dvd. thats FUCKED.

Its not an audio problem. Just because there was terrible echo in the youtube video, doesnt mean there is on the recording. You gotta realise that they record each track seperatly and mix it off site later on. So no echo there.

Its gotta be the "10 inch cock or two" thing. Although with that, they coulda edited the audio and video from another night for that one tiny tiny section.

BLAH this is fucked. WHY?!?

:ohmy:
No Kingdom intro?! I'm disappointed! I loved that intro!!! Maybe it will be a bonus feature. I am willing to spend the money...the DVD is going to be released the day before my birthday! Can't ask for a better present! :cute:

Last edited:
Damn, the dvd will be at my apartment and I'll open it 10 days after it comes. It comes right in the middle of my vaca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom