U2 360° At The Rose Bowl DVD & Blu-Ray - [Possible New Songs] - All Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I registered way back when, just in case in light of all those swirling far-fetched rumors.

I think the Super Deluxe version is only going to be available to those that registered at the 360 DVD website. Wasn't there some mention at that site about something special being available for those that registered?

:ohmy: I better go register!!! I signed up at Amazon.com for the e-mail notification and have yet to receive any e-mail indicating that it is not going to be available. I am still hopeful though that the Super Deluze version will come out someday...

The second we have confirmed pricing and information, likely in the next couple of weeks, we'll post it on U2.com - and you'll be able to pre-order it in the U2.Com Shop"

No. There was no mention of that.

U2 : Sign-up the site has not changed.

I just went out to that site again and this is what it says: 'The band are still working on the exact content of the DVD, but if you register here you can be the first to hear about an exclusive format.'

I read that to mean that there will be another format of the DVD that will be announced first to those that have registered. I think they will call it the Super Deluxe version since that is what they have mistakenly/prematurely announced already.

I went on that site and tried to register but couldn't. I also noticed that the website must be affiliated with U2.com since it asked about sending U2.com updates which is not an issue for me since I belong to U2.com. Any thoughts on this? I may have missed discussions on this earlier in this thread.

let's just make sure that everyone knows that the only people to say that the super deluxe version will only be available to people who registered are people on interference, not the band...

the "exclusive format" for people who are "registering," i.e. joining an e-mail alert list, is likely just the BD Live thing. why would they allow just somebody who put their name on hte e-mail list to buy something? and besides... it says be amont the first to hear about an exclusive format... not be the only ones to be able to purchase anything

jump-to-conclusions.jpg

let's just make sure that everyone knows that the only people to say that the super deluxe version will only be available to people who registered are people on interference, not the band...

the "exclusive format" for people who are "registering," i.e. joining an e-mail alert list, is likely just the BD Live thing. why would they allow just somebody who put their name on hte e-mail list to buy something? and besides... it says be amont the first to hear about an exclusive format... not be the only ones to be able to purchase anything

jump-to-conclusions.jpg

lose is misspelled

U2.com > News > Super Delux 360° DVD On The Way

It's happening.. we just need to chill and wait.

Phew! Thanks, bub.

I intentionally didn't watch it on youtube when I heard a DVD was coming out. I know that sadly Your Blue Room wasn't played, however, but this is good news. I read last night that the regular 2-disc version is in digipak; yuk! I HATE cheap cardboard because it can get hacked so easily including in transport to the shops.

I was kinda hoping that the Super Deluxe version was really cancelled; I felt guilty knowing that I would want to get it and I really shouldn't spend that much on a DVD. :reject:

if they still dont know the contene for the deluxe, then where did they get that list they originally posted on U2.com, including the vinyl and mini program??? Did they just make it up for fun?

Because they've all been different sizes and when you move around with them they get dinged up.

All of the 2 discs this decade have been digipacks. :(
I looked up the descriptions on amazon.com and only this release describes itself as such. If there is a cardboard sleeve, then I wouldn't mind too much, but I fear something like a digipak CD case, for which there is no sleeve.

Because they've all been different sizes and when you move around with them they get dinged up.

Very true. I won't let anyone touch my stuff. With a regular DVD case, it's sturdy and you can always replace it. What I particularly dislike is the way U2 has discs stacked one on top of the other, so you always have to take the main disc out before you can take out the bonus disc. Annoying as hell. Lost DVDS do this, too.

I'm OK with stacked discs, they've saved a lot of packaging, just think back to the way early complete TV season DVDs were packaged :ohmy:.

Mine are all the same size :shrug:

I don't collect a lot of music DVDs(concerts aren't something I'll sit down and watch over and over) but all the ones that I do have are digipaks...

I'm OK with stacked discs, they've saved a lot of packaging, just think back to the way early complete TV season DVDs were packaged :ohmy:.

I know. I love those accordian style X-Files and Buffy and Angel DVD sets. They had great artwork and nice lamenation.

Television Special broadcasts of U2360° At The Rose Bowl - sorted by date.
(Date: Country/Channel and details)

1st of May 2010 - Australia, MAX
10th of May 2010 - Brazil, GLOBO Multishow (incl. Behind The Scenes footage, availiable online after broadcast)
29th of May 2010 - France, Canal+ (60 minutes, 11:00 PM - 12:00 PM)

Last Update: April 26th 2010

Please, share the details if you get hold of new information concerning your country!

In the UK they would normally have this on either C4, BBC or sky arts, so keep checking guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom