U2 360° At The Rose Bowl DVD & Blu-Ray - [Possible New Songs] - All Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NLOTH wasn't and its sales suffered, so they may want to avoid that mistake again!
While there is no denying this, it really bugs me when I read about how NLOTH "flopped" and how its sales pale in comparison to their previous album... released 4.5 years ago when the music industry wasn't nearly as bad as it is now. Compare it to the opening sales of ATYLCB, with the much more commercial "Beautiful Day" single, and it really isn't that bad. Sure, the record is no Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift in terms of sales, but it's no slouch, either.

Still... I really hope we get an album this year :happydance:

Agreed, but a better single, and more promotion/better timed subsequent singles (instead of a 2 week deluge of over-exposure prior to the album and then nothing else) would have increased sales, and as much as I don't care about Paul McG's philosophy, a fall release would have as well. That said, for having little airplay and bad promotion in a time when sales are in the toilet, it'll come out with around 5m worldwide, which is still a big deal.

This person on Twitter is claiming he/she has been notified that the "Super Deluxe" box set has been cancelled. if true, looks like that new songs rumor may have been true, and U2 decided to just hold off on releasing new songs until after the tour?

Still curious as to why no single before the tour just to announce we're back, but if they are removing super deluxe, that gives more credence to the fact that they'll road test some songs and release something after the tour to spring maybe a new leg or two, should be interesting and we're only 6+ weeks away from really knowing! :drool:

Well, a June single for a November album is pushing it. If they're getting an album out in 2010, I'm happy to wait a few more months until we hear anything new. Maybe they're waiting to release a single just in time for Glastonbury. Or the World Cup (although this would be June). Beautiful Day made big waves by being tied to the Olympics back in 2000, right?

Well, a June single for a November album is pushing it. If they're getting an album out in 2010, I'm happy to wait a few more months until we hear anything new. Maybe they're waiting to release a single just in time for Glastonbury. Or the World Cup. Beautiful Day made big waves by being tied to the Olympics back in 2000, right?

yep. at this point, if it means getting a new album in the 4th Q of 2010, i'll happily wait for a single. plus, i'm already preoccupied with the new National album coming out in 3 weeks that i'd rather not have U2 interupt it.

yep. at this point, if it means getting a new album in the 4th Q of 2010, i'll happily wait for a single. plus, i'm already preoccupied with the new National album coming out in 3 weeks that i'd rather not have U2 interupt it.

Definitely agree there. High Violet is easily my most anticipated album of the year (unless U2 gets one together).

Well, they could go for an October release, after all ATYCLB was more successful than the Bomb.

This person on Twitter is claiming he/she has been notified that the "Super Deluxe" box set has been cancelled. if true, looks like that new songs rumor may have been true, and U2 decided to just hold off on releasing new songs until after the tour?

What person is this? shame if true i was looking forward to seeing what was included.

Well, a June single for a November album is pushing it. If they're getting an album out in 2010, I'm happy to wait a few more months until we hear anything new. Maybe they're waiting to release a single just in time for Glastonbury. Or the World Cup (although this would be June). Beautiful Day made big waves by being tied to the Olympics back in 2000, right?

I was talking about an off-single and then a single for the new album in say Sep, maybe they'll do it in between legs to promote a 4Q album and if that;s the case, that's some lucky Euro bastards, they deserve it after all of this volcano bs!

Well, they could go for an October release, after all ATYCLB was more successful than the Bomb.

yeah, but digital technology/file sharing was also 4 years advanced for Atomic Bomb compared to All that you can't leave behind.

I don't think an October or November release matters too much in way of sales as long as there's a strong first single.

Super Deluxe version was said to be cancelled by amazon Japan.
Super Deluxe Rose Bowl DVD Cancelled?

Balls!

Then why keep the teaser webpage that has basically been dead since it was revealed? U2 : Sign-up

I think the Super Deluxe version is only going to be available to those that registered at the 360 DVD website. Wasn't there some mention at that site about something special being available for those that registered?

I think the Super Deluxe version is only going to be available to those that registered at the 360 DVD website. Wasn't there some mention at that site about something special being available for those that registered?

I'd better register, then. They coulda mentioned that, though. Jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom