U2 360° At The Rose Bowl DVD & Blu-Ray - [Possible New Songs] - All Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we need the Blue-Ray version for the "exclusive BD Live bonus feature" , the 2DVD deluxe version for bonustrack "Breathe" and the superdeluxe version for the 7" vinyl and a poster...

hmmm

So we need the Blue-Ray version for the "exclusive BD Live bonus feature" , the 2DVD deluxe version for bonustrack "Breathe" and the superdeluxe version for the 7" vinyl and a poster...

hmmm

Well if you look at the News section over at u2.com is says:

U2360° At The Rose Bowl is released in the following formats:
- Single Disc DVD, live concert only
- 2DVD Super Deluxe Box Set (content to be announced)
- Two Disc DVD Deluxe edition
and
- Blu-Ray Single Disc edition each featuring the live concert plus:
Squaring The Circle: Creating U2360° Documentary
U2360° Tour Clips
Bonus Track 'Breathe' (Live At The Rose Bowl)
Berlin Timelapse Video
Videos:
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Animated)
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Live At Barcelona)
The Making Of 'Get On Your Boots' Video
The Making Of 'Magnificent' Video

So I suppose you will get Breathe no matter of which Deluxe/Blu-ray format you choose. Then if you'd like the poster, vinyl and the rest of the physical bonus material, yes, you would have to get the 2 DVD Super Deluxe Edition as well. Not to mention getting the Blu-ray if you want the BD live feature.
Anyway, I just woke up to these news and I obviously feel kind of sad about it too.

Not including Breathe on the full-concert disc is insane :angry: What about the band walking onto the stage? I'm wondering how they managed to solve this issue. Bono and Larry is ok, but Edge and Adam were carrying and playing their instruments (for Breathe) when they appeared on the stage... My guess is that there'll be some footage of them walking in the 'tunnel' under the claw, Kingdom intro, lights go down, some cheering audience shots and then suddenly the whole band is on stage, Bono shouts 'The futere needs a big kiss...' and there we go.

Oh well, i am looking forward to it, guess i am the only one,

shame about the lack of new songs as some people thought might happen though,

^clutching at straws my friend... Let's face facts we aint gonna get new songs until 2012...:sad::sad::sad:

My love for this band, because of what they said about SOA then no news whatsoever, is at an all time low...

^clutching at straws my friend... Let's face facts we aint gonna get new songs until 2012...:sad::sad::sad:

My love for this band, because of what they said about SOA then no news whatsoever, is at an all time low...

Wow sorry to hear that :( hopefully once the tour starts and they play glastonbury etc you will feel alot better about the band.

:hug:

I know, I like to clutch, but I'm still trying to remain positive. NLOTH is just over a year old, so I can understand that they still want to give all their backing to the songs they believed should have set the world alight, before releasing new material.

But yes, it would be such a shame if they've backed off SOA forever :sad:

I worry about them sometimes... where their minds must be. They've disappeared off the face of the planet somehow :huh:

Wow sorry to hear that :( hopefully once the tour starts and they play glastonbury etc you will feel alot better about the band.

Yeah, I just somehow think that they set us up for this, they even gave it a title for goodness sake. I know that we sometimes over exaggerate rumours on here, but they spoke about this quite a bit... It's almost as though they don't trust themselves...

This DVD scenario too is a bit cheap, we have to buy more than one format to get all the content... On top of that we have to buy a vinyl version of the "exclusive" Artificial Horizon to get the exclusive remix... Just seems a bit crass after a year where they've grossed $100m...

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood, but it doesn't look great, does it?

Cutting Breathe out of the DVD is just a slap in the face!! WHY? I'm not saying I love that song, but for God's sake it opened the show + Kingdom Intro/David Bowie etc! And they just cut it out and edit the Boots to open the DVD? I'm not even gonna go into details about the Bonus-DVD tracklist, that is laughable!

I'm lost for words! :down: :doh:

I dont understand all the bitching about Breathe, i bet if it was never cut, and left as the opener, people would be bitching saying it let down the DVD ect. Its just always case, the band can never win. There will be a good reason for it being cut, and the entire intro/opening thing with boots will easily work. All they have to do is show Kingdom and the band walking out, kingdom stops, show some crowd shots and bring in the Boots intro. The band wouldnt make this move if it didnt work.

I dont understand all the bitching about Breathe, i bet if it was never cut, and left as the opener, people would be bitching saying it let down the DVD ect. Its just always case, the band can never win. There will be a good reason for it being cut, and the entire intro/opening thing with boots will easily work. All they have to do is show Kingdom and the band walking out, kingdom stops, show some crowd shots and bring in the Boots intro. The band wouldnt make this move if it didnt work.

The fact whether it does or does not work is not the point, Breathe has been the opener for nearly all (except one!) concerts last year and frankly it's an integral part of the 360° tour! Space Oddity, Kingdom, Larry walking out and belting out the Breathe drumroll: That's how I remember the 360° tour and I'm definitely not the only one.

Great stuff when I kick back now and watch the DVD and the thing starts chopped off with Get On Your Boots! Again, I'm not saying Breathe is a great song or a great opener, but for crying out loud: How can you cut the OPENER of a show?

I don't mind all this cutting nonsense that U2 usually does, I really couldn't care less if there is XY on this DVD or YZ on the other one, but who on earth would want a DVD of the last tours without the opener (Vertigo, Elevation, Mofo and Zoo Station)?? If any of those were cut I'd like to read some reactions here!

If there's something I remember from U2 concerts I went to the last 20 years it's AT LEAST the opener and the first few minutes. That's when the spectacle gets rolling. Who will ever forget the first Elevation concert he/she saw where Bono walked onto the stage and ripped into Elevation? Who will forget the Popmusik/Mofo transition when the LED-Wall exploded with colors? Who will forget Bono's cracking silouettes during ZooTV? Why you would cut that out is beyond me...

I got the new Q magazine yesterday and they have a small section where it previews new albums in the works. It claims U2's new album is due late 2010.

'New songs and not No Line on the Horizon: The Leftovers. Don't expect it until after Glastonbury, though.'

Now Q are relatively well-informed about these sorts of things, I'm not saying their word is gospel, just that they might have heard inside news that we haven't. They do after all have an excellent relationship with U2.

So now u2.com is censoring? The positive comments stay and any critic will be removed?
Now I have to think about Bono't column for NY Times "...not to mention China’s ignoble effort to suppress online dissent, that it’s perfectly possible to track content. ..."

I thought we had it all on u2.com, but they keep surprising...

When I go there I still see a lot of comments by people complaining about the lack of Breathe.

Fans are seriously pissed. They are really ripping into the band on other forums. Not good. :|

On the other hand, let's just wait and see. Maybe they found a great way to edit the concert's beginning even without Breathe. As someone who saw and loved the shows of the European leg, I must say that I'll dearly miss Breathe, because it was a defining moment of the concert. I am curious what really led to the decision to leave it off the DVD.

I got the new Q magazine yesterday and they have a small section where it previews new albums in the works. It claims U2's new album is due late 2010.

'New songs and not No Line on the Horizon: The Leftovers. Don't expect it until after Glastonbury, though.'

Now Q are relatively well-informed about these sorts of things, I'm not saying their word is gospel, just that they might have heard inside news that we haven't. They do after all have an excellent relationship with U2.

Fair point about Q, they do seem to have a decent relationship with the band... Can't help but wonder if this isn't just a rehash of old news though...Hopefully not...:up:

^ No, I'm saying if you want the whole show, you have to buy the 2 DVD set. If you want the show without the opener, you can buy the simple concert DVD. Look, I love this band and I have been looking forward to a new concert DVD, but I don't understand the decision to drop Breathe from the set and include it as bonus material. Just seems ridiculous to me.

Interesting theory, maybe they'll include Kingdom and just skip Breathe?

I doubt it, because Boots has its own intro, but we'll see.

Intro song, and song intros are very different things. I dont see it as a theory. Wake Up was not included on the Chicago box info. Nor was Elevation Influx mix on the Boston box. They wouldnt put it in the info because it is walkout music. The options are

a) They cut it and the DVD mysteriously opens with GOYB and goes straight in (very clunky and anti-climactic)

b) They run it into GOYB. Thinking about it, sooooooooon running into the future may be awesome (and a possible reason why it was done)

The fact whether it does or does not work is not the point, Breathe has been the opener for nearly all (except one!) concerts last year and frankly it's an integral part of the 360° tour! Space Oddity, Kingdom, Larry walking out and belting out the Breathe drumroll: That's how I remember the 360° tour and I'm definitely not the only one.

Great stuff when I kick back now and watch the DVD and the thing starts chopped off with Get On Your Boots! Again, I'm not saying Breathe is a great song or a great opener, but for crying out loud: How can you cut the OPENER of a show?

I don't mind all this cutting nonsense that U2 usually does, I really couldn't care less if there is XY on this DVD or YZ on the other one, but who on earth would want a DVD of the last tours without the opener (Vertigo, Elevation, Mofo and Zoo Station)?? If any of those were cut I'd like to read some reactions here!

If there's something I remember from U2 concerts I went to the last 20 years it's AT LEAST the opener and the first few minutes. That's when the spectacle gets rolling. Who will ever forget the first Elevation concert he/she saw where Bono walked onto the stage and ripped into Elevation? Who will forget the Popmusik/Mofo transition when the LED-Wall exploded with colors? Who will forget Bono's cracking silouettes during ZooTV? Why you would cut that out is beyond me...

Exactly...

This is some good news.

I really expected that something would be with the DVD but this would be even better.
I wasn't planning on buying the dvd except if there would be new material on it. So I don't really care about Breathe anyway but I have to say that it's really weird move and I'd love to know the reasoning behind it.

When I go there I still see a lot of comments by people complaining about the lack of Breathe.

Fans are seriously pissed. They are really ripping into the band on other forums. Not good. :|

On the other hand, let's just wait and see. Maybe they found a great way to edit the concert's beginning even without Breathe. As someone who saw and loved the shows of the European leg, I must say that I'll dearly miss Breathe, because it was a defining moment of the concert. I am curious what really led to the decision to leave it off the DVD.

How can people be so pissed off at them for leaving ONE song off the DVD? a song that MANY bitched was a really bad opener etc, granted yes in hindsight maybe it should have been on there, but it isnt, we havent even seen the DVD yet and people are already saying they wont buy it, pretty sad considering we should have fantastic blu ray quality versions of UF and ultraviolet!.

Well, this is the first concert DVD I'm not gonna buy, since the setlist is dreadful for my tastes. Maybe if there was a recording of Your Blue Room in the bonus features, but that would be wishful thinking.

About the new songs, I'm still doubtful they will surface this year, but it would be a good sign if this were come to pass - and I hope it will go in Being Born/Cedars of Lebanon direction.

I agree with this 100%. It's bizarre. I just want to know who came up with this absolutely idiotic idea. It can't believe it's to get people to buy the 2DVD set, particularly when it's only a bonus track, it's not the like other versions are going to start with Breathe, you're just going to be able to watch the video of the song on the 2nd DVD. If they needed to cut a song they could have cut Stuck in a Moment or With or Without you.

It's like they just rewrote the entire first 2 legs. They made a DVD of a show no one went to.

Last edited:
I dream of the day U2 just release something without 36 different versions of 26 different things. It's a really really nasty side of the band, IMO.

I've held back from wanton criticism before, we all want them to be "our" band if you like, the one we like the best. But I have to say that this is just universally nuts... I honestly can't think of another band's DVD/Video that has EVER done anything quite like this... If it's good enough for a bonus track then it's good enough for the main set...

Same as Earnie says this release for various reasons is a really poor/crass part of this band's business model...:down:

On another note do you think that means they'll drop Breathe as the opener for the 2010 shows????

Breathe was my favorite song on NLOTH, so I was thrilled to see it open the show. I am not happy about the band's decision to drop it from the regular DVD and only include it as a bonus track.

I love this band, but I'm finding it hard to muster up any enthusiasm over them these days. Decisions like this make it harder to do so.

I've held back from wanton criticism before, we all want them to be "our" band if you like, the one we like the best. But I have to say that this is just universally nuts... I honestly can't think of another band's DVD/Video that has EVER done anything quite like this... If it's good enough for a bonus track then it's good enough for the main set...

Same as Earnie says this release for various reasons is a really poor/crass part of this band's business model...:down:

On another note do you think that means they'll drop Breathe as the opener for the 2010 shows????

is this really such a BIG deal? watch the bonus version of it, then watch the concert.

in 6 months, no one will care that it doesn't start the first disc, diehard fans included.

edit: I'm not just picking on you chrissybaby, I just chose your post to respond to :wink:

is this really such a BIG deal? watch the bonus version of it, then watch the concert.

in 6 months, no one will care that it doesn't start the first disc, diehard fans included.

edit: I'm not just picking on you chrissybaby, I just chose your post to respond to :wink:

Yes, it is a big deal. We're supposed to pop in disk 2, navigate the bonus features menu to Breathe, watch it, then pop out disk 2, put in disk 1, navigate the menu to start the show? That's just idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom