translation of U2eastlink "article"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salim117

The Fly
translation of U2eastlink "article".A new album is upon us!

Just read the eastlink article(Spanish is my native language).
The article clearly states that BONO,ADAM, & EDGE all confirmed that the album will be out THIS summer '04 followed by a european stadium tour! For sure! He goes on to say that the 4 are working overtime since no work was done on the record during the winter holidays.They can be seen "clocking-in" almost everyday between 2-4, with Bono & Adam coming out ocasionally to say hi. Aperantly, this guy had a nice 5 minute conversation at the bottom of a staircase with Bono as he drank a cup of tea !
He also remarks about how impressed Bono was with a couple of vintage vinals of the Out of Control single he asked him to sign(see pics), with Bono commenting,"wooo,wooooo! These are valuable, were'd you get them?!".
So it seems sooner rather than later for the new album! Awesome news! Can't wait!

Salim

Last edited:
Hi Salim! :wave:

Thank you for translating it from spanish to english - this is great news! :up:

... and welcome to PLEBA! :happy: I'm sure you will like it here - you will feel 'at home' right away! :yes: :wink:

Thanks Merc!
Glad to be officialy a part of the forum, since I've been coming to this site for a while know to get my U2 news!:wave:

A couple of things. At the end this kid mentions that a guy name Dallas Schoo was seen there everyday as well.Anyone know who that is? Also, Bono confirms that the album won't be called "Solar"(We all knew that), & no public apearances anytime soon.Also he denies rumors of a possible "Benidorm".Don't know what that is either! Must be a european thing?

Keocmb:
I assume that the reason they only mention a Euro tour is becouse the guy is from Spain and he was only interested in inquireing about Europe. It would be crazy to think that U2 would not tour the US.

Salim

"Clocking in" usually means reporting for work, I guess that's what they're doing. "Working" 2 hours a day at a studio, oh the good life!

Last edited:
salim117 said:
Also he denies rumors of a possible "Benidorm".Don't know what that is either! Must be a european thing?

Benidorm is a Spanish city, on the coast and always full of tourists.

The article mentions that there were rumours about U2 playing in Benidorm this summer but that that won't happen.

Re: translation of U2eastlink "article".A new album is upon us!

salim117 said:
Just read the eastlink article(Spanish is my native language).
The article clearly states that BONO,ADAM, & EDGE all confirmed that the album will be out THIS summer '04 followed by a european stadium tour! For sure! He goes on to say that the 4 are working overtime since no work was done on the record during the winter holidays.They can be seen "clocking-in" almost everyday between 2-4, with Bono & Adam coming out ocasionally to say hi. Aperantly, this guy had a nice 5 minute conversation at the bottom of a staircase with Bono as he drank a cup of tea !
He also remarks about how impressed Bono was with a couple of vintage vinals of the Out of Control single he asked him to sign(see pics), with Bono commenting,"wooo,wooooo! These are valuable, were'd you get them?!".
So it seems sooner rather than later for the new album! Awesome news! Can't wait!

Salim

How recent is this article?

brkngrrl,

The article is dated March 5, 2004. So It's as recent as it gets!
:combust:

Back
Top Bottom