Tracklist announcement timing? - Tracklist Speculation/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I guess it will be Tripoli.

Or a whole different track that we haven't heard about.

We still don't know how many tracks will be on the regular album.

According to Rolling Stone, Winter was "discarded" and Tripoli could be the album opener.

Okay, this is just getting annoying.

I'm losing my optimistic feelings on the new album. :|

Learn to trust U2's instincts. Eno should sometimes be called Brian Ego. If Winter is coming out on a soundtrack then we will get it anyway. Just rip the album and add Winter from the sountrack to a mix CD and make your own NLOTH album. :wink:

Remember that Larry and Adam didn't like the direction Edge and Bono wanted for Achtung Baby until it was finished. From all the people who have heard it already the album will be special.

Learn to trust U2's instincts. Eno should sometimes be called Brian Ego. If Winter is coming out on a soundtrack then we will get it anyway. Just rip the album and add Winter from the sountrack to a mix CD and make your own NLOTH album. :wink:

Remember that Larry and Adam didn't like the direction Edge and Bono wanted for Achtung Baby until it was finished. From all the people who have heard it already the album will be special.

Okay. :up:

great pos:up:t

This just in: There is no tracklisting

It's an important point. :up:

My comment is based only on the RS magazine that Winter was left off. They could have changed their mind but if worst comes to worst it's still not the end of the world.

This seems to be the most irritating comment that Eno has made and many posters are getting anxious to the point of not liking the album they haven't heard yet. :lol:

Is NLOTH gonna be a one song album?

U2 might as well be going progressive rock, GYBO will be a 40 minute song, it's a confirmed rumour.

Didn't Eno score strings for Winter? It seems strange that it would be left off in that case.

According to Rolling Stone, Winter was "discarded" and Tripoli could be the album opener.

I wonder if Winter will then be the bonus track...:hmm:

We already know it's set to appear in a soundtrack...Could be a good one to tack on as the bonus. Kind of crappy, though, that Eno loves it and they've ditched it. That makes me more curious about it!

^ very.. i thought Bono was deep on that song, then A man chimes in with his barry whitesque vocal. freaked me out. love the song though

He sang back up alot war tour right? He's singing on the Red Rocks DVD.

He did some backup vocals up to the War tour, although I think they were always placed pretty low in the mix. There were microphones up for him through the arena stages of ZooTV, but, IIRC, they were turned off for him entirely after War Tour. The last visual example I have of his "singing" is BTBS on my ZooTV Stockholm DVD, where he "sings" the 'sky' parts with Edge, but it's clearly only Edge's voice coming out.

He did some backup vocals up to the War tour, although I think they were always placed pretty low in the mix. There were microphones up for him through the arena stages of ZooTV, but, IIRC, they were turned off for him entirely after War Tour. The last visual example I have of his "singing" is BTBS on my ZooTV Stockholm DVD, where he "sings" the 'sky' parts with Edge, but it's clearly only Edge's voice coming out.

you can definately hear him in some audience boots though.

Because war was such an angry album, his voice suited the backup.

He doesn't sing much anymore, does he? On the last few tours he's just strumming the bass, not even near a mic. You know what? Adam should sing on the next album.

He doesn't sing much anymore, does he? On the last few tours he's just strumming the bass, not even near a mic. You know what? Adam should sing on the next album.

As far as I know, the last time his voice has put on record was in 1995 on Your Blue Room.
As for Larry we're still expecting if he'll start to talk someday.

On topic: It's hard to know if Winter will be such an amazing song. Eno is the one that praised Stuck In a Moment, right? And it deserves praise. A lot. But he's also the one that almost discarded WTSHNN. It's hard to know.

As far as I know, the last time his voice has put on record was in 1995 on Your Blue Room.
As for Larry we're still expecting if he'll start to talk someday.

On topic: It's hard to know if Winter will be such an amazing song. Eno is the one that praised Stuck In a Moment, right? And it deserves praise. A lot. But he's also the one that almost discarded WTSHNN. It's hard to know.

haha, I almost forgot about that. If I remember correctly, he was frustrated with how long WTSHNN was taking to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom