Tracklist announcement timing? - Tracklist Speculation/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it honestly matter since it'll be on the internet in multiple forms within about 5 mins of anyone in the UK buying it?

Yes...it does.

I should be able to run down to my local music shop (because I still believe in giving back to the community and keeping stores in business) and grabbing the CD version with all of the original songs from the album with no missing EXTRAS. That way, I can get a better listening experience on my overly expensive music setup at home as opposed to listening to mp3 bullshit that I can get off of the internet

thats why.

EDIT: not trying to sound harsh...but I'm very passionate about this issue.

For example, Why the hell do I have to go out and buy a UK version to get Fast Cars???? They better come to their senses and make the SAME album available EVERYWHERE.

The labels do this, not the bands. Look at almost any major artist and they will have UK and Japan bonus tracks. The labels do this because the CD costs are so much more in these countries that they feel if they get something exclusive it will be worth the cost for retailers to buy from their distributers. Sales of physical copies haven't dropped off as much in these countries as well, unlike the US and other parts of the country, so it's going to continue this way for awhile.

Why do so many US states get more shows than the whole England? i think we deserve a little something extra from time to time, and maybe just maybe this is it?

nothing against the US btw, just adding to the thread, but has already been shot down by the post above, doh!

Its pretty much the only time that they treat the UK fans to something unique.

Why do so many US states get more shows than the whole England? i think we deserve a little something extra from time to time, and maybe just maybe this is it?

nothing against the US btw, just adding to the thread, but has already been shot down by the post above, doh!

Fucking damn right mate. Personally you can keep your extra track, but give us your double legs of the tour. U2 kiss the arses of the US a little bit too much in my opinion.

Fucking damn right mate. Personally you can keep your extra track, but give us your double legs of the tour. U2 kiss the arses of the US a little bit too much in my opinion.

Not to go too far down this tangent...but if I remember correctly wasn't until bands like The Beatles, The Stones, and U2 came to AMERICA were they recognized as BIG TIME acts.

America might suck for a lot of things....I can attest to it...but you cannot deny the importance of playing here and "making it" on American Radio.

Well seeing that the Euro is giving the American Dollar a Walker Texas Ranger style round house kick to the jaw I think we're even.

:wink:

the dollar has gained some ground on the pound and euro the last six months so maybe the band is looking at that :wink:

^ Agreed, but it still sucks when tour dates are announced and the UK gets like 5-6 shows the whole tour (not counting Ireland). Which is less than New York got on Vertigo. But thats just the way it is I suppose.

^ Agreed, but it still sucks when tour dates are announced and the UK gets like 5-6 shows the whole tour (not counting Ireland). Which is less than New York got on Vertigo. But thats just the way it is I suppose.

I hear what your saying and agree with it.

I will say that the population of the Greater New York City Tri-State Area hovers in and around 20+ MILLION.

I think the UK is like 50-60 MILLION....so YES, they should get more shows, but its not like they are only playing to like 6-8 million when they are in NYC.

Y'know what - I've never seen U2 live and I've never been to New York. Maybe I should just go for it and combine the two, at least I'd stand more chance of getting tickets. :lol:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!

ps. looks like no new single this week. surely, we'd know something a little more concrete by now.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!

ps. looks like no new single this week. surely, we'd know something a little more concrete by now.

I agree. They will likely give at least a few days notice.

economics and style of show... europe got a similar number of tickets sold with much fewer shows because they did stadiums, not arenas.

new york got 8 shows in an 18,000 seat arena... london got 2 shows in a 60,000 seat stadium.

did new york get more actuall seats sold? yes... but not by as drastic a number as the number of shows would make you think.

economics and style of show... europe got a similar number of tickets sold with much fewer shows because they did stadiums, not arenas.

Thats all very well, but they could even play ALOT more stadiums over here, rather than having to travel half way around the country.

^ I guess it will be Tripoli.

Or a whole different track that we haven't heard about.

We still don't know how many tracks will be on the regular album.

Bummer. I guess that means Tripoli (or maybe Winter) isn't on the album proper?

Relax, friends, the guys from the quoted web-site U2TOUR.DE - U2 News, Berichte, Photos, U2 Forum, Setlists, U2 Kalender, U2 Vertigo Tour (which I don't like that much, I admit) don't have any idea about this. The track-list published there is pure speculation – and folks in the forum there follow our discussion here on the 'blue board', just to report two days ago: "There are 12 tracks from the new album now known by name". A fact, we had already discussed before. So, cool down, we don't know anything new. By the way, any RS-readers out there?:wink:

Relax, friends, the guys from the quoted web-site U2TOUR.DE - U2 News, Berichte, Photos, U2 Forum, Setlists, U2 Kalender, U2 Vertigo Tour (which I don't like that much, I admit) don't have any idea about this. The track-list published there is pure speculation – and folks in the forum there follow our discussion here on the 'blue board', just to report two days ago: "There are 12 tracks from the new album now known by name". A fact, we had already discussed before. So, cool down, we don't know anything new. By the way, any RS-readers out there?:wink:

Yes, that is the real question!

up to you, but this is NOT a rumour, but a fact. there will be a bonustrack for the UK. which one? nobody knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom