Toronto Band Rehearsals(Private) Sept. 9/10/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2FanPeter

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Will local fans bring reports from the private rehearsals, this Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

This news was according to a Toronto Sun article from about 2 weeks ago.

I came up with the most comprehensive setlist of the Vancouver rehearsals - now it's your turn.

u2fp

I would imagine that there will be fans hanging around the building, evesdropping if you will and promptly letting us know that Acrobat was played in it's entirety.

Slamming J said:
Where are they holding them again? Is it actually in the ACC or elsewhere?

http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/article176.html

U2 to fine-tune tour in Toronto

(Toronto Sun) -- TORONTO - Sometimes the world moves in Mysterious Ways

After a summer of the Rolling Stones hanging around in Toronto and rehearsing, it turns out with some Pride, In the Name of Love the legendary Irish quartet U2 will follow suit and spend some quality time in the Big (Gun) Smoke.

Scheduled to play at the Air Canada Centre Sept. 12, 14, 16, 17, my insiders tell me Bono and the boys will actually have The Hangar Sept. 9, 10 and 11 for rehearsal time to make the adjustments for the North American leg of their giant-sized Vertigo tour.

So this means U2 will own the Bay St. Box for nine days in September -- which will be the longest homestand down there in a long time. It should be a Beautiful Day for Bono, who has starred on the ACC stage before. Remember the 2003 Liberal leadership convention when he was invited to speak at Prime Minister Paul Martin's acceptance? Wonder if Bono will extend the courtesy to the PM? Can you imagine the PM up there groovin' with the boys? That would put a whole new meaning to Getting Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out of. It will be great, with or without him.

Numb1075 said:
I would imagine that there will be fans hanging around the building, evesdropping if you will and promptly letting us know that Acrobat was played in it's entirety.

:laugh:

Can music be heard from the outside of the venue?

In Vancouver, it was only through about 6 window panes(out off about 200).

IIRC, the ACC can only be reached at ground level, and is surrounded my noisy streets?

u2fp

You can get to the ACC through an access corridor from Union Station and not have to go into the street - it gets you to the main doors inside. How much you can hear I don't know, but I intend on finding out tonight after work (Just in case... :laugh: )

Drea said:
You can get to the ACC through an access corridor from Union Station and not have to go into the street - it gets you to the main doors inside. How much you can hear I don't know, but I intend on finding out tonight after work (Just in case... :laugh: )

You can usually hear a band's soundcheck through the doors from the Union station entrance. :D

Bono was in Yorkville last night...late, at least 2a...so who knows what time they'll show up...

Just watched local television...seems the boys are at the ACC....and their soundcheck consisted of performing ONE on stage with Mary J Blige....... sounded great....

They performed from the Vertigo stage and seemed to feed the segment into the Red Cross Telethon.

They sounded great....and Mary was into it....

Toronto Film Festival is on right now too.....lots of celebs in town.

Looking forward to detailed reports from you folks in Toronto. :hyper:

If they rehearse Vertigo, please make up a lie instead.

Axver said:
Looking forward to detailed reports from you folks in Toronto. :hyper:

If they rehearse Vertigo, please make up a lie instead.

I heard they're playing nothing but 11 O'clock Tick Tock at a rehearsal that will be open to fans tomorrow!!!!111!!!!!!

:wink:

I'll let you know. :D

Saturday rehearsal

FYI

Just heard from UKTan at the ACC that Bono arrived a few minutes ago and stopped to sign autographs and do pictures at the entrance ramp...he even recognized her from Hanover Quay last summer!

Rehearsals will be starting soon :dancing:

Re: Saturday rehearsal

AliEnvy said:
FYI

Just heard from UKTan at the ACC that Bono arrived a few minutes ago and stopped to sign autographs and do pictures at the entrance ramp...he even recognized her from Hanover Quay last summer!

Rehearsals will be starting soon :dancing:

Excellent!!

Numb1075 said:

Hehe.. Whenever we have a rehearsal party, I feel like we're the Little Rascals---one kid as the spy, one kid as the lookout, and then a string of kids passing the info along. :wink:

Need news now. :nerd:

< /alliteration >

I actually hate that nerd smiley, but it worked for the alliteration.

I don't see how he resembles a nerd besides the glasses, and the teeth really, really bug me. In fact, when I first saw it, I couldn't figure out what it was.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom