Top 5 worst lyrics of U2's career

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
What are the 5 worst lines ever?

Or if you cannot think of 5, then what is the single worst line from the whole discography?

I'll have to think about this so I'll post mine later.

this thread is destined for It's a Musical Journey at which point will die a humiliating death :drool:

But it'll get much more replies if it's in EYKIW! :(

I think we should get rid of IAMJ and integrate it into EYKIW. But I'll save that request for DES. :wink:

I was a monkey
Stealing honey from a swarm of bees

Monkeys dont eat honey :eyebrow:

"i started a landslide in my ego" - A day without me
"freedom has a scent...etc." - Miracle Drug
"with a mouth full of teeth you ate all your friends" - Crumbs
"They twinkle as the boys play rock and roll" - Vertigo (how can u say the words twinkle, boys, rock and roll in the same sentence without sounding ridiculous?)
"love it won't last kissing time" - Dirty Day (i actually don't dislike those lyrics but I never understood them either, someone enlighten me)

Stop bitching.

rulez.gif

ozeeko said:

:lol: I really like that line!

Its better than
'Where I grew up
There weren't many trees
Where there was we'd tear them down
And use them on our enemies'
Now that, i really don't understand
:|

neutral said:
"I miss you when you're not around"

When else would you miss someone. :crack:

That's a lot like "I wanna hear you when you call".

What the fuck else would you want to accomplish besides hearing the caller? Would you rather cover your ears and go "la la la di da la lalalala...i can't hear youuuuu" while the caller on the other line screams "BONO..BONO...DO U HEAR ME WHEN I CALL, BONO"!?

Zootlesque said:
But it'll get much more replies if it's in EYKIW! :(

I think we should get rid of IAMJ and integrate it into EYKIW. But I'll save that request for DES. :wink:
Taxonomy takes precedence over common sense Zoots :shame:

coolian2 said:

Maybe he's in the shower and he can't hear the phone ringing!

:giggle:

Freedom has a scent
Like the top of a newborn baby's head....

I don't like to think of the top of newborn babies' heads. That soft spot....:barf:

AWww I like Wild Honey....sometimes...when I'm in a good mood.....

I've always said that I've never liked the line Midnight is where the day begins...but everyone bashes me for that :reject:

ozeeko said:
"with a mouth full of teeth you ate all your friends" - Crumbs
"They twinkle as the boys play rock and roll" - Vertigo (how can u say the words twinkle, boys, rock and roll in the same sentence without sounding ridiculous?)
"love it won't last kissing time" - Dirty Day (i actually don't dislike those lyrics but I never understood them either, someone enlighten me)

I agree with the Vertigo and Crumbs lines. I like the A Day Without Me and the Dirty Day lines though. As for understanding the Dirty Day line, I just took it to mean that love won't last very long. I could be wrong.

From A Man and A Woman: "You can run from love
And if it's really love it will find you
Catch you by the heel"

Seems too similar to the whole "If you love someone, set them free" song.

ozeeko said:

I dunno...I kinda like that one. Of course, if you don't know the scent, then you won't like that line.

clifedge said:

I dunno...I kinda like that one. Of course, if you don't know the scent, then you won't like that line.

I know the scent. I know it real well. I make it a point everyday to smell a newborn's head. When they pop out of that woman, I'm there, my nose all ready and waiting. It's become sort of like a hobby of mine. Well, I wouldn't say hobby. It's a way of life.

Seriously tho, no matter how much a baby's head smells like freedom, it's still a cheesy line. The way it's worded, sounds, and sticks out like a penis at a pussy convention. Lyrics like that have no business in a rock and roll setting.

partygirlvox said:

:lol: I really like that line!

Its better than
'Where I grew up
There weren't many trees
Where there was we'd tear them down
And use them on our enemies'
Now that, i really don't understand
:|

I agree 100%, I cant listen to that song because of that terrible line!! I cringe so much everytime I hear it!
Otherwise, I agree with two which were mentioned previously:
"with a mouthful of teeth you ate all your friends"
"Freedom has a scent......"
actually anything from Miracle drug!!!

ozeeko said:

and sticks out like a penis at a pussy convention.

I hope Bono doesn't trawl this board looking for lyrics inspiration or you may have just scored position Number 1.

:laugh:

Ellay said:

I hope Bono doesn't trawl this board looking for lyrics inspiration or you may have just scored position Number 1.

:laugh:

AMEN.

Actually, I feel hardpressed to find any ablum by any artist that doesn't smack of cheese.

Rock/Pop/Whatever takes wild swipes at an indifferent universe with all the effectiveness of bumper sticker religion. It's all a bunch of cheese if you take it for anything more than rock and roll.

"And a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle."

A woman needs a man like a monkey needs honey, too. :huh: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom