Thoughts on U2 as of late....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ScandalCrow, welcome to the forum. Since you're new, let me point out a few things. If you'd like to stay, its probably best to read our rules.. http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f224/interference-policies-and-rules-187101.html and also take note on how you are coming across to others. While we welcome everyone's opinions, there is no need to be rude and snippy to others. You are welcome to debate your opinion in a respectable manner, but personal attacks or rude comments to others is not ok.

ScandalCrow, welcome to the forum. Since you're new, let me point out a few things. If you'd like to stay, its probably best to read our rules.. http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f224/interference-policies-and-rules-187101.html and also take note on how you are coming across to others. While we welcome everyone's opinions, there is no need to be rude and snippy to others. You are welcome to debate your opinion in a respectable manner, but personal attacks or rude comments to others is not ok.

I'd like to say for the record that I have been on the defense here. I understand the rules, but I'm not going to be bullied for my opinion. And I'm clearly being bullied. I'll keep it under control. :sexywink:

I'm a music producer and a session player. I know what good gear is.

This guy is about as much a music producer and session player as I am.

Unless he means playing the recorder in his 6th grade music class. :lol:

Sure looks that way. With any luck he'll work himself into a banning soon. :)

God, I LOVE bannings!! :love: :hyper:

:hyper: I wonder if he'll come close to the last one? Not likely. I sense that this one will be more mundane.

Unless he means playing the recorder in his 6th grade music class. :lol:

:hyper: I wonder if he'll come close to the last one? Not likely. I sense that this one will be more mundane.

See what I mean, Sicy?!? :lol:

U2 albums are great man!.....they are not Radiohead or Sigor ros!

They can't be them.

and they are not freakin Coldplay.....

U2 have more soul in all their albums.

just take it or leave it.

I'd like to say for the record that I have been on the defense here. I understand the rules, but I'm not going to be bullied for my opinion. And I'm clearly being bullied. I'll keep it under control. :sexywink:

Well, when a new member joins a U2 forum and their first posts are less than positive opinions about U2, you cant expect to get a very positive response.

Not sure what he is, but upon a google search of his email address, it seems he's posted ads looking for singers/people for music videos, etc. Not that that means anything, just throwin it out there.

Are you seriously going to compare Howl to Baby 81? Are you kidding me?

No. Apparently you don't realize that Black Rebel Motorcycle Club released a new album since Baby 81. Which is pretty sad since I posted the link. But, alas, you don't seem to have noticed. So go check out The Effects Of 333. Trust me. It's a departure. :|

No. Apparently you don't realize that Black Rebel Motorcycle Club released a new album since Baby 81. Which is pretty sad since I posted the link. But, alas, you don't seem to have noticed. So go check out The Effects Of 333. Trust me. It's a departure. :|

It's not an official release. That's like comparing U2 to the Passengers or the Dalton Brothers. It's leftovers. Call it what you will.

It's not an official release. That's like comparing U2 to the Passengers or the Dalton Brothers. It's leftovers. Call it what you will.

If you want to consider it that, be my guest. But the cold hard facts are that you are wrong. :shrug: If U2 had released Passengers or Dalton Bros. under the U2 moniker, it would have been U2 material. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club released The Effects of 333 under the band name, and that makes it an official release.

Oh trust me. I have plenty of other bands to look forward to. Wilco, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Manic Street Preachers, Doves, MGMT, and Elbow just to name a few.

calm down. i agree with you about the last 2 albums, but i also agree with Zootourist' advice to you. no need to give me a list, your preaching to the choir. i could give you my own list, but even an ass such me knows it's better to catch flies with honey instead of shit.

I have plenty of experience with online forums of every sort. Too much, if you ask me. Using that experience, let me point out a few things.

-Poster states all of his opinions as fact.

-Poster does not acknowledge valid arguments, or brushes them off with insults.

-Poster makes assumptions based on knowledge he doesn't have.

-Poster takes an argumentative stance towards a sizable demographic of the forum he's posting in (I.E. telling excited U2 fans that their next album will blow).

This, my friends, is a troll. Pure, unadulterated trolling.

See what I mean, Sicy?!? :lol:

Aw, judging by the tone of your posts, I'm fairly certain you can take it. :)

You come in with your first post and state your opinion as fact - and it is just your opinion, nothing more. Then you tell us you've prejudged the new album based on song titles, and you do this all in a fairly obnoxious manner. Not exactly a way to gain credibility.

Like others have said, the last two albums have got anything but a free pass from the fans on Inteference, they're continually being slated, just check out the 'What Do You Really Think Of HTDAAB' thread a little further down the main page. GOYB has got mixed reviews too.

You can't really judge an entire album based on one song, it'd be like judging the whole of UF just by listening to Pride. I don't think titles are indicative of a songs quality either, I'm not all that sure that the likes of MLK, Bad or Elvis Presley and America would have filled people with optimism.

I don't really think any U2 albums are perfect, even the very best have flaws IMO. For me U2's peak was from around 84 to 93, I don't think the albums have had quite the same magic or inspiration since then, but that's OK, these guys are pushing 50 now and its unrealistic to expect them them to be at the same level of quality and energy they were at when they were in their twenties and early thirties. I'm just happy they're still around and still enthusiastic enough about producing music and performing live.

I agree. That last one definitely went out with a big bang Hall Of Fame level last post. Glory days indeed. :yes:

I personally think that U2 are getting a pass from the fans. The last two albums were not very good and Bono said before that if you make two duds in a row, it's time to quit. But the fans are just eating ATYCLB and HTDAAB up. So they think they are doing good and not keeping Bono's promise.

Pop was a hit in my book.

If you're going to toss around your opinion, why be so harsh on the fans for having their own opinions?

If your such a good producer why didnt U2 approach you to produce the new album etc? instead your apparantley leaving e-mails around the net asking people to contact you?

I hate it when people state opinions as facts, shart your saying HTDAAB is "crap"? again am sorry, but i like it mate.

If your such a good producer why didnt U2 approach you to produce the new album etc? instead your apparantley leaving e-mails around the net asking people to contact you?

I hate it when people state opinions as facts, shart your saying HTDAAB is "crap"? again am sorry, but i like it mate.

All right, in my opinion it's crap.

But my opinion is always right so... :shrug:

U2 getting a pass on the last two albums ? Here ?

If anything it's the non-AB 90's material (Pop in particular) that gets the pass.

GUYS, seriously, can we set one thing straight here?

OPINION =/= FACT

And as a musician I can proudly say that I LIKE Boots. It's a good song IN MY FUCKING OPINION.

I gave it a solid 7.685 earlier, but now I think it's dropped to a 7.233. I'm figuring that within the context of other forum reading tomorrow, it perhaps will be able to rise again, settling at around 7.504.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom