Things I Hate, Spring Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate that I got a 15 passenger van bogged in some really deep mud and had to walk across the road covered in mud to call a friend to get me out. It was really embarrassing. :|

I hate the type of people who can never admit they could even possibly be wrong, have an answer for EVERYTHING and just know it all, and are obsessed with something to the point that it's pathological.

It's exhausting to be around in any way, must be even more so to be like that.

Ugh what the hell karma?

The badly bruised hand is managable. The muscle aches throughout my legs too.

But did you HAVE to add a fuckin; food poisoning to that? :banghead: Sigh, when it rains, it pours I guess.

I hate financial woes :down:

I also hate when people run into you in the middle of a four-way stop, but claim you ran the sign instead, and then everyone in the car claims to be injured :| Bullshit.

Things have ultimately turned out in my favor, though! The cop that wrote up the report didn't give me a citation at the time, but did cite me as the one being at fault. And since I only have the bare minimum insurance ('cause I iz poor), I am only covered for repairs under basic liability claims.

Because I was in a somewhat rural part of Louisiana at the time, there were no clearly established security cameras available. And since I was well aware that I couldn't afford to repair the broken headlight on what little means I live by, I scoured the various mom & pop stores around the area for surveillance. I sifted through 2 stores and hours of footage (one store's clock-time was off :doh:) until finally unearthing this oh-so-brief, easily missable, reel of golden footage; these guys were clearly at fault.

So I forwarded the tape over to Allstate (their insurance company), whereby I was cleared of any wrongdoing and given payment for damages to mah car (and I'm sure the passengers in the other car recanted their "injuries"). Felt good, man :up:

But then yesterday my alternator died, leaving me stranded and forced to spend roughly $450 for repairs. I know I should be thankful that I could at least afford it due to the payment Allstate gave me, but it still puts me back for the headlight repairs (among other things: tuxedo rentals for TWO weddings I'm involved in; law school ('nuff said); traffic ticket (yeah, yeah, this one was clearly my fault, but it was one of those "bs" tickets: not coming to a complete stop when turning right at a red light)) :crack:

But yeah, I neeeeeddd moneyyyy. The "Feed Catman" fund is open to any generous Interference benefactors :wink:

:sad:

Every school vacation my facebook feed is crowded with parents complaining about having their children home from school and counting down until they can put them on the bus again. It drives me fucking nuts.

Minor hatred- that Netflix doesn't have anything I want to see and that the library doesn't have the book I most want to read. Bigger hatred- being insulted on the Internet. Some people don't have anything better to do... (No one here, thankfully.)

Not knowing where my digital camera is, where I saw it last or if I let someone borrow it or if it got stolen from my bag. :crack: I know it's just a thing that can be replaced, but man. I've seen so much of the world already with this camera, it's been on my U2 tour with me... I don't want to part with it. :sad:

That I can feel school coming around the corner... even though it's still two months away. I don't want to start senior year...

It sucks losing one's camera, GG. Hope you find it soon.

I found it, luckily enough after a couple of days. :D

Enjoy the two months you have, don't ruin them by what's to come! Live the moment!

I hate that my sister is conniving, manipulative and untrustworthy. I can't stand dealing with her at all, and I wish I could cut all ties with her. Knowing how psycho she gets when you confront her, it sometimes seems best to cut ties with her. Too bad that would mean never seeing or speaking to my little nephews. :sigh:

I hate hipsters sometimes. That one lone naysayer who ridicules the opinion of the masses (that's me sometimes) or that person who likes something obscure and mentions it every chance they get. It's fine if you genuinely think differently but don't act like it makes you cooler or smarter than everyone else.

I hate hipsters sometimes. That one lone naysayer who ridicules the opinion of the masses (that's me sometimes) or that person who likes something obscure and mentions it every chance they get. It's fine if you genuinely think differently but don't act like it makes you cooler or smarter than everyone else.

I totally agree. I also hate it when people say that I look like a hipster because I have big black glasses that hipsters wear. I got them before they were commonly and widely known as hipster glasses. Most of the hipsters in my area also go around saying that because they have big rounded glasses with thick black frames that they are automatically a nerd. And I'm just like "No."

I totally agree. I also hate it when people say that I look like a hipster because I have big black glasses that hipsters wear. I got them before they were commonly and widely known as hipster glasses. Most of the hipsters in my area also go around saying that because they have big rounded glasses with thick black frames that they are automatically a nerd. And I'm just like "No."

It seems that nowadays dressing like a nerd is considered cool! Hipster "trends" make no sense.

It seems that nowadays dressing like a nerd is considered cool! Hipster "trends" make no sense.

Exactly! But while hipsters dress like nerds they make changes to the original "nerd" look by wearing things such as really short shorts. I have the hipster glasses but other than that I don't dress like the traditional nerd but I consider myself a nerd in a way, liking sci-fi and reading and getting good grades and such. Wasn't it not that long ago where in school and basically any place if you had glasses you were called names and made fun of?

Even though I enjoy living in Brooklyn, it is Hipster-ville USA. Sometimes when I want to try out a different coffee shop to do my writing, I get this sense that I am out of place and soon someone would tell me I don't belong. Ugh. I love how hipsters think they are against the "establishment" (whatever that is) and are so cold to anyone who isn't anything like them.

Back
Top Bottom