The Temple Bar: We Are Interference (And So Can You!) UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RavenBlue said:
Not too bad thanks. Hurt my ankle at hockey, but oh well.. :shrug:

How are you?

That sucks. :(

Doing pretty good. I almost went to bed at 7pm, I was so tired. We'll see how much longer I last. I'm so glad I can sleep in tomorrow. :)

UberBeaver said:
Well, the first 19 minutes of Stairway aren't great for air guitar. The last 2 or 3, however, totally do dominate the air guitar realm. Also - Are You GOnna Go My Way is good for Air Guitar.

:yes: :yes:

The solo in You Shook Me All Night Long has to be up there in the "kickass for air guitar" list too - Angus Young :rockon: (And Thunderstruck for headbanging... although my experience in that department is pretty limited :wink: )

UberBeaver said:

Dude, I knew you'd understand. :hug: :hi5: Probably VP and Reg too.

Good news - I found one of the playlists I had for you. I need to reburn and then send.

For the record, ass-jack, I've done this as well. Have to, really.

UberBeaver said:

Dude, I knew you'd understand. :hug: :hi5: Probably VP and Reg too.

Good news - I found one of the playlists I had for you. I need to reburn and then send.

Hell yeah...if I rip a track, and it's from a compilation I immediately change all the track information to match the original artist and original album...:yes:

And if you think that is anal rententive...check out my CD collection. It's arrange alphabetically by artist by "original" album release date...meaning even though U2 is re-releasing "The Joshua Tree" this year, I will still place it between "Wide Awake in America" and "Rattle and Hum"...:ohmy:

My wife and kids think I'm :coocoo:...but I know where everything is and what is missing...:shifty:

Hey guys! Happy Saturday! :dancing: I can't believe we're getting 2 weekends off in a row at work! :shocked:

Just got back from the gym. Feels good to get back into exercising. Can't believe how much I've gone down in triceps, rope pulldowns. :sigh:

No spoken words said:

For the record, ass-jack, I've done this as well. Have to, really.

I didn't picture you as that type, actually.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Hell yeah...if I rip a track, and it's from a compilation I immediately change all the track information to match the original artist and original album...:yes:

And if you think that is anal rententive...check out my CD collection. It's arrange alphabetically by artist by "original" album release date...meaning even though U2 is re-releasing "The Joshua Tree" this year, I will still place it between "Wide Awake in America" and "Rattle and Hum"...:ohmy:

My wife and kids think I'm :coocoo:...but I know where everything is and what is missing...:shifty:

I used to keep the same exact system. Now it's sort of a mess, but I used to, once a year a so, take down all the CDs and rearrange by alphabet then by album name. :hi5: Any other system just doesn't make sense though, right?

VintagePunk said:

Of course I do. That's relatively normal as compared to avoiding specific page numbers to stop reading a book on.

OCD = the new black. :hi5:

I have one paragraph left to go on page 235, but 237 is a bad number (250-13 = bad), so I'm in a holding pattern until I have enough time to get to 240. Fucking lunatic, Jesus.

I'm watching the Canadian college football semi-finals right now. One of the local universities has a team playing. The stadium is surrounded by residence buildings, and one overlooks the field directly. The game is being shown on national TV, so during a time-out they've been showing shots of students watching the game from their dorm rooms.

Some kid just got caught taking a huge bong hit, and saw himself blowing the smoke out on the TV in his room right before they cut away.

The look on his face :lmao:

UberBeaver said:

I used to keep the same exact system. Now it's sort of a mess, but I used to, once a year a so, take down all the CDs and rearrange by alphabet then by album name. :hi5: Any other system just doesn't make sense though, right?

I have one paragraph left to go on page 235, but 237 is a bad number (250-13 = bad), so I'm in a holding pattern until I have enough time to get to 240. Fucking lunatic, Jesus.

I'm more like Reg, I arrange alphabetically by group, then chronologically within the group/performer.

You can stop reading a page with one paragraph left? :yikes: I can't. I read the first line or two of the left hand page, and then I stop. On the appropriate page number, of course. :neurotic:

How anyone can stop reading a page with a paragraph to go eludes me. I can't even stop reading unless the chapter is done, or, I need to at least be closer to the next chapter than the prior one. I also need to end with an odd page, so I can start with an even page. My books are arranged by genre, then author, so certain authors pop up in 2-3 places in my apartment. My CD's used to be arranged by: Decade, Genre, Ranking, then alphabetical within their respective subsets.

VintagePunk said:

You, empathetic? Mr. Empathy?

Dexter report?

Dave, there's a certain quaintness about Canadian university sports, isn't there?

Yes, of course I'm empathetic. Don't let the digital persona fool you.

Am at work, Dexter is on tap for later on.

No spoken words said:

Yes, of course I'm empathetic. Don't let the digital persona fool you.

Am at work, Dexter is on tap for later on.

What an elabourate filing system you have. Ala Rob in High Fidelity.

I know, silly. :rolleyes:

I haven't seen the newest one, yet.

All this talk of cd filing systems makes me think - my cds are a complete fucking mess, and it's driving me nuts. I want something big enough to store all my cds and dvds in. Bonus points if it also has room for my albums too, but that's not completely necessary. I've yet to find anything suitable.

No spoken words said:
How anyone can stop reading a page with a paragraph to go eludes me. I can't even stop reading unless the chapter is done, or, I need to at least be closer to the next chapter than the prior one. I also need to end with an odd page, so I can start with an even page. My books are arranged by genre, then author, so certain authors pop up in 2-3 places in my apartment. My CD's used to be arranged by: Decade, Genre, Ranking, then alphabetical within their respective subsets.

I might regret this post.

No spoken words said:

Ranking is far too subjective. That's madness.

That bong hit thing is awesome. lol.

I can stop mid page if I'm short on time. Better stop mid page then cause bad shit to happen by fucking with the universe's system.

I have so far fixed Led Zeppelin I and III - even added lyrics. :D

UberBeaver said:

I can stop mid page if I'm short on time. Better stop mid page then cause bad shit to happen by fucking with the universe's system.

This? Makes me really sad. Who knows what kind of shit you're causing by doing this? :(

If my eyes even stray past the first few lines of the left hand page, I have to read the next two pages, to get to the next left hand page.

Nice to see I'm not alone in my crazy organization of things. :D

My books are arranged by subject/theme, and then they're alphabetical (by author) within that. DVD's and CD's are alphabetically arranged (by title or artist), then chronologically within that.

I sometimes feel like a dork, but if I ever need to find something, or if someone asks to borrow a particular item, I can find it instantly - there's no searching around. I know exactly where it will be.

When I'm reading a book, I either have to stop at the end of a chapter (the next chapter has to be an even number), or at a page that is even numbered. If I stop at an even numbered page, there can be no carry-over sentence from the previous page. It has to be a new paragraph or a new sentence that starts the page. :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom