The Temple Bar - This one is for BoMac: Go Leafs, go! MUYFA?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reggie, see ya soon dear, too weird a day, so please,
party0031.gif
on you big TART!

:tongue:

See ya Maddie...:sexywink:

How sad that all we're known for is Gretzky. I mean, we also take land away from Native Canadians, and then when they attempt to assert their ownership, we threaten to call in the army.

We're a proud bunch.

The thing about Detroit is that it doesn't stink in any literal sense. I posit that all the all the trash that might other wise offend the senses is being pushed into the pot holes which would not be out of place in war era Kosovo.

Detroit's not so bad. The last time I was there (Detroit proper, I mean, not the suburbs) we saw a ballgame, and I was verbally assaulted by a Thai waiter for not wanting to pack up my leftovers and take them with me, while my dinner companions laughed. We also went to an Egyptian exhibit at a museum, but I recall little of that because I was hungover.

Good times.

Detroit's not so bad. The last time I was there (Detroit proper, I mean, not the suburbs) we saw a ballgame, and I was verbally assaulted by a Thai waiter for not wanting to pack up my leftovers and take them with me, while my dinner companions laughed. We also went to an Egyptian exhibit at a museum, but I recall little of that because I was hungover.

Good times.

Man that makes me wanna visit Detroit RIGHT. NOW.

Man that makes me wanna visit Detroit RIGHT. NOW.

I know! I could do tourism ads for them. "Detroit: You'll do fine here if you're thick-skinned."

Oh yeah. At the ballpark, a woman selling beer got pissy with me because a couple of Canadian coins slipped in with the money I was trying to pay her. 'scuse me lady that your valuable American money deigned to share wallet space with my nation's piss-poor excuse for a currency.

Oh yeah. At the ballpark, a woman selling beer got pissy with me because a couple of Canadian coins slipped in with the money I was trying to pay her. 'scuse me lady that your valuable American money deigned to share wallet space with my nation's piss-poor excuse for a currency.

I bet she was wishing she had those Canadian coins now... since her house was repossessed and she lost her job- HAHA! OH SWEET IRONY! :hi5:

... I realize I'm generalizing a bit, sue me...

I bet she was wishing she had those Canadian coins now... since her house was repossessed and she lost her job- HAHA! OH SWEET IRONY! :hi5:

... I realize I'm generalizing a bit, sue me...

Is it wrong that I view the rise of the Canadian dollar and the collapse of the American economy as a tiny victory for me? :shifty: Take THAT, you mean beer woman!

I also enjoy a perverse pleasure in watching our dollar increase... mostly thanks to all those Canadian quarter jokes Americans like to make :madspit:

also, driving to my cottage this weekend, there was a pre-built dock store called "Dock In A Box" :up: I had no camera at the time otherwise the hilarity of this statement would be increased by at least 10 fold....

Step 1: cut a hole in the box...

How sad that all we're known for is Gretzky. I mean, we also take land away from Native Canadians, and then when they attempt to assert their ownership, we threaten to call in the army.

We're a proud bunch.

I had forgotten about that, you're right.

I actually can't say much about Brantford except the last time I was there for a tournament my son was playing in, I couldn't help but think how sad it was that the downtown strip had just died like that. Has there been any revitalization?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom