The Temple Bar - Doozer is in control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DaveC said:

Don't you live in the middle of a desert? :hmm:

some people say that but in O.C it doesn't feel like desert. I live in what used to be an orange grove :happy:

who was that Carlos? I remember something like that.

and are you saying men can't be sluts?

:angry:

:lol:

There's one member in particular here that I was convinced was a girl for a year or so (since they signed up), until I found out about a month or two ago that they're a guy. :der:

Oops.

Getting picked up for dinner now, see you all later! :wave:

redkat said:

some people say that but in O.C it doesn't feel like desert. I live in what used to be an orange grove :happy:

who was that Carlos? I remember something like that.

Reggie, can men be sluts?

redkat said:

Well it's different. Men aspire to be sluts. Women try to avoid the label.

Did anyone watch Arrested Development? When Lindsey went to the prison with the SLUT shirt? HAHA. That was great.

NSW - I thought of another great BBC Office. When Tim start harmonizing with Gareth and David. And he looks so into it.
I think I need another Marathon.

No spoken words said:

Reggie, can men be sluts?

I can't wait for the answer to this one (even though I already know what it is :tongue: ).

:lol:

And yeah, Carlos, but the reason being was I knew you were from CA, and I met someone in SJ whose U2.com name had Red Rocks in it, and her brother was cute and she was next to me at the show. So then when I saw a RedRocks from CA begin posting, I thought for sure it was them.

UberBeaver said:

Well it's different. Men aspire to be sluts. Women try to avoid the label.

Did anyone watch Arrested Development? When Lindsey went to the prison with the SLUT shirt? HAHA. That was great.

NSW - I thought of another great BBC Office. When Tim start harmonizing with Gareth and David. And he looks so into it.
I think I need another Marathon.

I'm an AD addict, infuriated me that the show did not garner stronger ratings, but shit like 2 1/2 men thrives. Don't get me started.

That's good stuff, Beav....you really need to watch Extras, I think you'd like it. I like when they were doing the training and David yells "there's been a rape" to the instructor when they were doing hypothetical scenarios. OMG.

I did think NSW was a woman and VP was a boy. I thought VP was a 16 year old, well, Punk. Then I read some posts and I was like, "Oh, NSW is a lesbian, and VP is gay. Got it." Eventually I accepted that NSW was indeed NOT a lesbian :( , but I pulled myself together and moved on.

UberBeaver said:
I did think NSW was a woman and VP was a boy. I thought VP was a 16 year old, well, Punk. Then I read some posts and I was like, "Oh, NSW is a lesbian, and VP is gay. Got it." Eventually I accepted that NSW was indeed NOT a lesbian :( , but I pulled myself together and moved on.

Wow.

My sister is a lesbian, Beav, for whatever that's worth.

No spoken words said:

I like when they were doing the training and David yells "there's been a rape" to the instructor when they were doing hypothetical scenarios. OMG.

HAHA. Yes. The whole training episode owns, from beginning to end. When he sings the song about Princess Diana to Dawn, oh man. Even the credits when he sings "Gladrags" kills me.

RedrocksU2 said:

you're full of shite and I say that with love :heart:

No spoken words said:

I'm an AD addict, infuriated me that the show did not garner stronger ratings, but shit like 2 1/2 men thrives. Don't get me started.

That's good stuff, Beav....you really need to watch Extras, I think you'd like it. I like when they were doing the training and David yells "there's been a rape" to the instructor when they were doing hypothetical scenarios. OMG.

I just watched that one :lol:

No spoken words said:

Wow.

My sister is a lesbian, Beav, for whatever that's worth.

Older or younger? She still in NY? Was it difficult for her to admit and accept?

My cousin is a lesbian and she move to LA partially to avoid people here. I don't blame her, her family was loopy.

redkat said:

you're full of shite and I say that with love :heart:

I just watched that one :lol:

You're listening to Jane's Addiction!!! They're like my favoite band after the Pixies, Beatles and Zeppelin!! Awesome....oh, and uh, U2. ahem.

:shh: Sometimes I feel like an infiltrator and I'm going to get banned for not listening to U2.

UberBeaver said:

Older or younger? She still in NY? Was it difficult for her to admit and accept?

My cousin is a lesbian and she move to LA partially to avoid people here. I don't blame her, her family was loopy.

Younger, she'll be 32 in March. She lives in Yonkers, with her gf and a roommate, who is also a lesbian. Their house is one lesbian away from being in the "L" word or something. It was easy for her to accept, hard to admit to my Mom. I was totally cool with it, my Dad was like "That's fine, just make sure you bring only hot lesbians to the house", but my Mom took it poorly, and is only now starting to come to terms with it. My sister is a teacher, so she has to keep her lifestyle very secret, as a lot of parents go berserk when they find out a teacher is homosexual.

ETA - Beav, you like a lot of cool bands so you're allowed to stay. Zeppelin!! :up:

No spoken words said:
Kat, Not Even Jail is a cool song.

Are you enjoying the Office????

Yes! i watched 6 episodes in a row and got a massive headache. I need to get back to it

Beav Janes reminds me of high school. One of my best friends was so ahead of her time and into all the bands we'd never heard of. She had the sock on a cock RHCP poster in her room and we were all :ohmy:She was very into Perry Farrel. Which I still think is odd. She went off to Berkeley and we never saw her again.

Catholic school girl :angel:

redkat said:

Yes! i watched 6 episodes in a row and got a massive headache. I need to get back to it

Beav Janes reminds me of high school. One of my best friends was so ahead of her time and into all the bands we'd never heard of. She had the sock on a cock RHCP poster in her room and we were all :ohmy:She was very into Perry Farrel. Which I still think is odd. She went off to Berkeley and we never saw her again.

I like going to Laker games and seeing Perry (Peretz) there. Nice Jewish boy making the rock n roll.

I've not heard "sock on a cock" for at least a few days now, so, thank goodness someone brought it up in here. You really can rely on this thread to meander down many different paths.

redkat said:

Yeah, Perry is awesome. He's such a freak, but he's also kinda down to earth. That makes almost no sense, but it's Perry, the guys a god.

There was a great interview with him and they were asking him about playing with the crystals in an attempt to contact aliens. And I remember he says, "Yeah, the crystals have this property where the sound can resonate and I was kind of kidding but people came anyway. With crystals." And Steven Perkins (best drummer ever) just sits and laughs at him all the time.

Also "Three Days" is undoubtedly the greatest song ever written. It's very emotional. Very primal and cerebral all at once. I will admit to welling up at that song. Then She Did is a masterpeice too.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
A few days, NSW? That's just not right. :tsk:

One of the reasons I was so excited to go to Lollapalooza back in '04 was because I was going to see JA, but then of course it was cancelled cause fucktards who buy concert tickets didn't buy those, of course. :mad:

What's worse, to be a fucktard or an assclown?

Can someone do a fucktard vs. assclown mash up?

Fucktard vs. Assclown: Whoever wins, we lose.

Back
Top Bottom