The Shins...new album and general discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do you think of the song, nirny?

Yeah I'm normally not one to hold out but I don't want to hear half the album before it's released.
It's great...a bit of a new direction for the Shins, though still definitely building on Wincing The Night Away's production style. Oh, and it sounds really different from the version they played live a few years ago - there's a completely new chorus, for one thing.
Oh, and there are some synths at the end that are just :drool:=worthy.

From their Facebook account:

To celebrate the release of NPR's brand new iPad app, The Shins will perform an exclusive in-app concert on March 7th, streaming live from NYC.

:up:

u2popmofo said:
From their Facebook account:

To celebrate the release of NPR's brand new iPad app, The Shins will perform an exclusive in-app concert on March 7th, streaming live from NYC.

:up:

I was just going to post about this, but you already know :up:

The Simple Song music video is free on iTunes for US / Canada, if you're into downloading videos and stuff.

I bought tickets yesterday to see them in May. I'm excited.

mofo is going to call me a liar, but i did really hear simple song on the radio the other morning. it made me happy.

indeed. sandwiched between mumford and sons and nirvana made it even more :drool:.

That free NPR app concert is tonight. I'm not going to be able to catch it, hopefully it's available somewhere afterward.

u2popmofo said:
That free NPR app concert is tonight. I'm not going to be able to catch it, hopefully it's available somewhere afterward.

Crap. I always forget this stuff.

Video works for me. Yay.

You are on SNL tonight, mofo?

That's fucking crazy, man. Good luck. Don't get nervous and screw up the lines in your monologue.

So it sounds like iTunes is releasing the album a week early. Should be available tonight.

I hate to admit it, but I may end up buying it once on iTunes and then on CD next week, as I don't think I'll be able to wait.

Maybe I'm just assuming they're releasing it tonight. Their website and Facebook just say to go to iTunes on the 13th for the album premiere. Not really sure what that means, maybe it will be something different than what I'm expecting. A stream maybe? I guess we'll see tonight.

Back
Top Bottom