The Octagon Bar: Tell Us Your Lousy Ticketing Story and Drink Free!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
**:shifty: ...Sneaks into the bar... Puts 1:1 sized cardboard-'Merc' in Pax's "Philly bag"... :shifty:**

** Trying to look like nothing's happend...**

Hi everyone... :wave:

My lousy ticket story... :sigh: ... I'm gonna be :crack: on tuesday, waiting for someone else to buy my tickets 'cause I'm moving to a slightly underdeveloped country, where I don't have an internet connection... :grumpy:

I know, it could be a lot worse... :shrug:

My partner in U2 crime, Meghan, has already committed to help out on Saturday. She's not an Interlander, but she'll be joining us in Philly.

angel_of_L.A. said:
<----------------is crying.

:sad:

To herself: I'll show them an internal error!!!

I don't know what to say to make you feel any better, but here's a hug... :hug:

Please.. a Black Velvet would be lovely, my nerves are -shot-

....after sitting here "camping" the link since oh-dark-thirty-am, Netscape crapped and wouldn't show the goddamned Ticketbastard security word-image-thing.. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

by the time I got anything to work, well, welcome to the %$#$%# West Outer Bumblebanana seats.... going to need a goddamned telescope and a hearing aid to be able to tell what's being played!

...but judging from the scariness in the Tour forums I think I'm lucky to have gotten tix at all :ohmy:

We are all going to help each other for Philly tickets.

From each according to his or her ability, to each according to his or her need.

(Maybe that'll bring our friend out of hiding.) ;)

Stars, here's one for you too -------> :hug:

.... God, I'm starting to get quite worried 'bout tuesday! :yikes:

Well, kids, I have to leave work now (ssssshhhh, I have an interview--don't tell anyone!).

If Ewen comes 'round, give him a :kiss: for me.

(And then back off.) :angry:

:wave:

starsgoblue said:
Angel...if you want me to try and help I will.

I feel horrible right now.

Awwww thanks you guys and dolls are BEAUTIFUL!!!! :hug:

I finally got through and all they are offering me are Upper level nosebleeds.
WTF? I tried asking for 1 ticket for GA over the phone and the lady said that they can't seem to locate any. I tried for L.A., Anaheim, and SD....nothing.

I'm having Zoo TV nightmares. That tour was the worse one ever. I never got a single ticket for that show so I never went. I still cry when I recall pleading with the TM lady, I was 11. I guess I'm upset because it was a lady that finally answered the phone and it's like deja vu all over again. I'm going on a mission this Sunday. I need atleast one GA ticket....if not for me for my younger brother who has never seen U2 live.

I really wish that :bono:, :edge:, :adam: and :larry: knew what kind of troubles their fans are going through to get tickets...

I hope they know - they should...

Merc, trust me on this...they know. An email has been sent to someone very close to them this evening.

Hi folks :wave:

all drinks on me!

fantastic news->
a federal appeals court in Ohio has rejected the conviction of a Scots guy who has been on death row for 18 years. Amnesty's been campaining to have him released, there was no sufficient evidence to have him convicted. He has to be retrialed in 90 days or be set free.

:dance: :dance:

anyway, enough of that....it's just good news to me.

Hi guys :wave:

I have cried off and on today, b/c of the ticket situation and everything horrible that could possibly happen here at school has happened, on top of the ticket situation.

WHY DIDN'T THEY HAVE MANY MORE GA TIX IN THE PRESALE FOR THE HUGE FANS?!?! WHAT THE FUCK; SUPPOSEDLY WE ARE THE BEST FANS WHO PAID THE EXTRA MONEY....ok rant over, I am sorry.

I have nosebleed seats kind of to the side/back for Philly; a pair that I will want to get rid of for a GA. I didn't think that would be very hard but I have received about 50 emails since 10 am of people who are in the exact same situation as me; they have nosebleed seats to Philly and other east coast shows and want GA. Everyone wants GA!!!!

I think I am going to cry again when I get home. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Why did I waste my money on the membership :sad: :sad: :sad:

The only positive thing about today is Rebekah proved herself to be the sweetest person in the world helping me through this and promising to help me get a GA ticket. :heart: :hug:

I don't know what I would do without her; I really don't. No one here understands why I am upset. :sad:

lauren430 said:
Hi guys :wave:

I have cried off and on today, b/c of the ticket situation and everything horrible that could possibly happen here at school has happened, on top of the ticket situation.

WHY DIDN'T THEY HAVE MANY MORE GA TIX IN THE PRESALE FOR THE HUGE FANS?!?! WHAT THE FUCK; SUPPOSEDLY WE ARE THE BEST FANS WHO PAID THE EXTRA MONEY....ok rant over, I am sorry.

I have nosebleed seats kind of to the side/back for Philly; a pair that I will want to get rid of for a GA. I didn't think that would be very hard but I have received about 50 emails since 10 am of people who are in the exact same situation as me; they have nosebleed seats to Philly and other east coast shows and want GA. Everyone wants GA!!!!

I think I am going to cry again when I get home. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Why did I waste my money on the membership :sad: :sad: :sad:

Oh Lauren, that's how I feel right now. There are GA seats available on ebay already. HOW DID THEY GET ON EBAY SO FAST???? Anyways, I placed a bid and within seconds I was outbidded. I am past crying, now I'm just mad.

:hug:

ewen said:
Merc, trust me on this...they know. An email has been sent to someone very close to them this evening.

Sounds good! :D:up:

ewen said:
fantastic news->
a federal appeals court in Ohio has rejected the conviction of a Scots guy who has been on death row for 18 years. Amnesty's been campaining to have him released, there was no sufficient evidence to have him convicted. He has to be retrialed in 90 days or be set free.

:dance: :dance:

anyway, enough of that....it's just good news to me.

Sounds even better!!! :yes::up:

... and, Ewen, this one is from Pax ----> :kiss:

**Backs off... :uhoh:**

OK, sorry guys, didn't mean to bring the place down; there's enough of that in other threads. I'll come back when I'm in a better mood, but I don't know when that will be :sad:

woooooooooooooo i just got out of the house! :dance: i was around people other than my parents! :dance: i was free! :dance:

:D now if only they would cancel school tomorrow.........but i doubt it seriously. :sigh:

that what we want Laura.....some normality! trust you lol

everyone give Laura a hug

:hug:

i'm at the point past anger, crying ------ i'm starting to laugh now, which isn't funny....it's sure sign i'm cracking up. where's the straigh jacket you posted here Rebekah?

Oh, believe me Demmy, I know how it feels... :huh: :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom