The Most Over-Played Song (Live and on Radio)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All my friends know how much of a U2 fan I am, so if they hear U2 on the radio, they tell me about it. In detail, too. The most common songs I hear about are Beautiful Day and With Or Without You. I remember back in 1998 The Sweetest Thing was played to death, and I heard New Year's Day HEAPS then (before my favourite radio station decided it would be fun to go all pop/rap on me and I stopped listening), though I didn't mind THAT overplay because I adore NYD. Some songs seem to crop up at the most random of moments ... though I haven't heard Sunday Bloody Sunday in ages, which is odd because it used to be a regular.

Pride should be scrapped from the live setlist. I have no problems with Sunday Bloody Sunday or Until The End Of The World and I want Bullet The Blue Sky to stay, just I hope they put Running To Stand Still after it again, because those two songs work so well together.

Oh, and 11 O'clock Tick Tock is overplayed. Ha, I wish.

Last edited:
Axver said:
The most common songs I hear about are Beautiful Day and With Or Without You. I remember back in 1998 The Sweetest Thing was played to death, and I heard New Year's Day HEAPS then (before my favourite radio station decided it would be fun to go all pop/rap on me and I stopped listening), though I didn't mind THAT overplay because I adore NYD. Some songs seem to crop up at the most random of moments ... though I haven't heard Sunday Bloody Sunday in ages, which is odd because it used to be a regular.

I agree. Beautiful Day is the one I hear most, followed closely by Pride. WOWY too. But I haven't heard SBS in ages ... come to think of it, nor have I heard ISHFWILF either, which used to be on all the time.

I keep requesting songs like Gloria, The Fly, Zooropa, SATS ... but I only ever hear them really late at night when, presumably, no one else is listening. :(

Buffalo, you're in Brisbane, what stations do you listen to? Any we get down here on the Gold Coast? Some day I'm going to ring up and request something really random they won't have, like 11 O'clock Tick Tock or Another Day. I wonder if they have Fire or I Will Follow ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom