The MLB Thread Part Duex... because Sicy killed our last one short of 756 :sad:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he should save such shenanigans for a game winning HR instead of a game tying HR, ends up looking pretty stupid when the Mets end up losing the game.

if the giants had such a problem with it they should have put a fastball in the next batter's ribs....

... which is what i would have done if someone did that to me.

what he did was pretty bush league... but the giants sound like a bunch of pansies for complaining about it after the fact when if they cared so much they could have handled it on the field the way it used to be done.

zumanity42 said:
what's next, HR celebrations while rounding the bases? i can already see somebody "swimming" the length between 3rd & home.

My grandpa hates all celebrations and thinks we are not far from the day when a football player scores a touchdown and follows it up with masturbating in the endzone as a celebration. HA!

I don't know what the big deal is. He was just brought up and got a little too excited. So what. You'd think the Giants would have realized this and not made a big stink about it. I'm sure the veterans on the Mets already spoke to him and said something to the effect of, "That was cool - don't do it again."

It was his very first homer. I say give the guy a break.

Feds raided the house of former Wank and current D Backs pitcher Jason Grimsley in search for steroids etc.

Man, if he's using this stuff, it's certainly not working.

after all the good to very good starts that pedro's had this year that the mets have blown, he was bound to have a stinker... and even in his stinker, it really wasn't all his fault... 2 errors in that sixth inning kinda set the tone. :shrug:

Lowe gets the win, Pedro gets the loss, Nomar hits a homer and Grady Little doesn't blow the game.

no news yet on wether or not former dodger bill buckner was in attendance

And Bill Mueller is on the DL for the Dodgers to boot.

The Dodgers are basically Red Sox west since Bostonian Frank McCourt bought the team.

WildHoneyAlways said:

Are you surprised?

well i'd be willing to go out on a limb and say that the yankees and red sox are at or near the top of the American League in attendance, so considering most of the voting is done at ballparks, no... it doesn't surprise me at all.

the mets and cardinals are also at or near the top of the NL in attendance, and the top of the NL voting is filled with players from those teams, as well.

Last edited:
Its interesting that Vlad Guerrero managed to sneak in there. Why isn't Coco Crisp or Hid-a-key Matsui one of the top 3 outfield votegetters?

:wink:

Grimsley mentioned that for the last few years, baseball is more of a "hobby" for him.:yikes:

so if people who are playing in the MLB and calling it a mere hobby are doing roids, can you imagine the total # of players who take the game seriously who have been on the juice??

PHOENIX (AP) -- Pitcher Jason Grimsley was released by the Arizona Diamondbacks on Wednesday, a day after federal agents searched his home as part of an investigation into steroid use by athletes.

General manager Josh Byrnes said Grimsley asked for his unconditional release in meetings with team officials Tuesday and Wednesday.

"We accepted his request," Byrnes said. Byrnes would not discuss if Grimsley would be paid the remainder of his roughly $800,000 salary.

Diamondbacks pitcher Terry Mulholland said Grimsley addressed his teammates after Tuesday's loss to the Philadelphia Phillies. Arizona leads the NL West.

"He expressed to us that he had too much respect for to allow this to bring us down," Mulholland said. "He's that kind of guy."

Grimsley's locker in the calm clubhouse was empty when the room was opened to the media before the game with the Philadelphia Phillies.

i don't know what news is more surprising... the fact that grimsley was released or the fact that terry mullholland is still in the league

As much as I want to see the list of names he supposedly has, I don't want to see it either. Players have to shiting themselves right now.

0607061grimsley11.gif

0607061grimsley12.gif

0607061grimsley13.gif

0607061grimsley14.gif

0607061grimsley15.gif

to note concearning the reference on page 14, grimsley was on the baltimore orioles last season. jump to your own conclusions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom