The MLB '09 Thread: Predictions, Opening Day and all that crap.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every pitcher should do what Josh Beckett did today when they get time called late. Pedro used to do that, seemed like it happened a lot with Gary Sheffield.

nobody's classier than the world wide leader...

espnpoll01.jpg

Deadspin - ESPN Brings Out The Sad Trombone - Nick Adenhart killed in auto accident

i'm guessing beckett drilled a guy in the ear?

Bottom of the first inning, Bobby Abreu takes a late timeout which is granted as Beckett is about to pitch. As Abreu steps out of the box, Beckett throws a heater at Abreu's face and Abreu ducks out of the way.

Benches empty, Torii Hunter, Justin Speier, Mike Scioscia and an Angels coach get tossed.

Beckett's delivery just got fouled up as Attreyu called timeout just before he released the ball, and the Angels are obviously still upset about all the October annihilations and got their panties in a bunch. Joe West is a class act.

:wink:

Somebody apparently said some magic words to Torii Hunter, not sure what they were though.

I'm sure they're referring to [3rd person]Lackey[/3rd person :wink:], Santana and Escobar being on the DL.

The Angels are hurting. Escobar just had his 2nd setback of the last few weeks; I don't have confidence he'll be pitching for the big club any time soon. Tomorrow the halos start Shane Loux. I know, I know, you've never heard of him. He sucks. :crack:

while i quite enjoy that beckett threw at abreu for calling the late time out, and i wish more guys would do the same... it is kinda silly that beckett was the one who clearly made the situation worse by walking towards abreu yet he was the one who didn't get tossed.

:hi5:

Well, Beckett didn't actually shove or yell at an ump like the ejected Angels did (except for Speier, I didn't see what, if anything, he did to get tossed).

Mouthing off to the other team isn't generally grounds for an ejection.

Very sad. He had an unforgettable voice.

In much, much, much happier news...I can't believe that Carlos Quentin actually plays for my team. If anyone was wondering whether or not last year was a fluke, well, I think that question has already been answered. What a fucking pimp.

CINCINNATI -- The bandage above Reds left fielder Chris Dickerson's right eye was covering a pretty sizeable bump. Was he hit in the face by a ball during batting practice? No.
Was it from a fight? Not exactly.

Dickerson's attacker struck Saturday morning as he headed to Great American Ball Park. The lurking evil was a revolving glass door at the downtown hotel where he is staying. He apparently banged his head on the door as it swung around.

Well, B.J. Upton was activated from the DL like an hour ago...he leads off with a walk, steals two bases and comes around to score.

I can't wait til we play 4 games in Tampa this weekend! (not)

They replayed the full broadcast of Harry's final game on CSN, the Sunday matchup between the Phils and Rockies, with Utley's game tying homer in the eighth and Stairs' game winner in the ninth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom