The LONG overdue MMA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Points are scored for a lot of crap that people don't realize acquires points. Hence Randy's two weeks ago. Regardless, you never know what to expect when it goes to the judges in this sport for some reason. It's always weird how drastically different their scores can be sometimes too, it's like each is judging on a complete different set of criteria.

To be honest, I think it also has a lot to do with the judges being qualified to score boxing matches, but less so for MMA matches. Its the impression that I get anyway

Boy was I disappointed when I sat down to watch the Semi Final finale of TUF, only to discover that its not till next week :(

Haha. American Thanksgiving took precedence. :wink:

I'm really excited for all 2 hours of it tonight though!

I'm more excited for the fights on Saturday than I am for most actual UFC pay per view events. Should be a really entertaining night.

.....one weird SOB who got his kiester handed to him for 5 straight rounds.

Lots of very one sided fights on Saturday, pretty entertaining though.

.....one weird SOB who got his kiester handed to him for 5 straight rounds.

Lots of very one sided fights on Saturday, pretty entertaining though.

Man, that was brutal. Sanchez fought hard though. I thought he was done in the first round. I felt bad for the guy

2dqvped.gif

127848d1260759592-funny-strange-random-pics-ab7954d7f7bbf3608f3210391dc228389301e41b.png

127849d1260759592-funny-strange-random-pics-cce8ae71f54a42b4ca6d58aaa34479dba2bb66fd.png

It was an entertaining card. Cant say I was surprised to see Kongo take a nap

Cool pics, RedRocks. Thanks for posting. There are no words to describe how #3 makes me feel

The same kind that points and laughs at someone when they're on the ground dying?

Oh wait....

Just finished watching the fights. I swear I looked on Yahoo last night and they had miss-reported who won the Rashad - Silva fight on their main page. Kinda made for a surprising watch when i thought the other person was going to win! Despite the lackluster of names on the card, there were still some decent fights. I'd just be hard pressed to tell you who any of the people who fought in them were! :laugh:

hahaha, ya. I found a stream on line last night, so was able to watch it live. A lot of the prelim and undercard fights were great, but Rashad sure made the main event a snoozer. All he did was take Silva down the whole match, but didnt do anything on the ground. The last round was entertaining though. I thought Silva had him at the end, but sort of blew it.

:hyper: I had no idea. And its only a couple days away. Thanks for the heads up

(I cant stand Nate Diaz either. Nor can I stand Gray Maynard, but hes the lesser of two evils in this case)

Man oh man, I was really thinking Diaz might get knocked out (or TKO-ed) in that first round. Regardless, still fun to see the douche lose. I had no idea Rashad and Maynard were roommates in college.

Oh, and by the way, why on earth would you ever allow a guy to break your arm instead of just tapping? That could potentially ruin the kid's career, shoulda just tapped.

I saw an interview with Lesnar on ESPN while I was at the gym during lunch today, he said he's been feeling better for the last month or so, and has already put 30lbs back on. Supposedly went to the doctor and they say he's fine, and whatever mystery sickness he had is gone. :up:

On a side note. 30lbs?! Can you imagine being able to put 30lbs back on in the gym in a month? Dude's a monster.

As much as I think hes a douche bag, I'm glad hes healthy and ready to fight again. Hes fun to watch

JT, I went to MMATKO yesterday, and it looks like they were bought out and are no more. :(

I forgot that I'd read a month or so ago that Versus was going to show 2 or 3 UFC exclusive events this year. Looks like they have one in March, and it's a surprisingly good card:

UFC on Versus: Vera vs. Jones

Seriously has more overall fights I'd like to see than a large percentage of the Pay Per View UFC events!

Wow, I finally got to see the Sanchez/Penn fight a few days ago......that cut on his forehead. Yikes.

Nasty, wasn't it! I sadly didn't realize they were re-airing all the fights this weekend until I was watching some stuff saved on my DVR. would have liked to have seen it all again.

Has anyone been watching the "Best of Pride" show they've been airing? I had a couple of them saved on my DVR, and watched them yesterday. It's crazy how differently the fights go down with the slightly different rules and round length. I was horrified the first time I saw someone kneeing the other in the head when they were down.

I havent watched best of pride yet. I forgot it was on :( Just wait till you see Wanderlei soccer kicking a downed opponent. its insane

Which reminds me of a brutal Kevin Randleman moment on pride. He had a guy tied up in side mount and repeatedly did a sort of handstand motion and dropped his knee into the side of the other guys head. he did it about 5 times before the ref stopped it. I'll see if i can find it on youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom