The Great Pumpkin will appear and I'll be waiting for him..in Randoomdadoomdoom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they lost because I didn't post anywhere online today the words "GO VIKINGS!!!!!" :angry:

:sad::sad::sad: This one was a hard one to watch. Really the first game in a long, long time that I wanted to turn off. Of course I didn't.

:sigh: :tsk:

I am not going to talk about the Vikings tonight. I'm too disappointed over last night's embarassment to think about them. I didn't read the paper today or go to any NFL websites because I cannot believe what took place. Bring on the Bears and the Giants.

Focus Purple. Focus.......

This is ridiculous but just so typical....

I bought boots a few weeks ago. Fake Uggs. It was all I could afford at the time and there was a big snowstorm coming up so I needed them. I found they weren't warm or comfortable so I decided to just stick with my very old mules that are all worn out inside. Then last night my sister comes over with her new EMU's on (just like Uggs and just as expensive). She took our great aunt holiday shopping and other errands so that was her thank you to my sister was to buy her a decent pair of boots. I tried them on last night and was then even more upset with my boot purchase. Her boots were so plush on the inside and just felt so much nicer than mine. So today I went to the dept store she and our aunt went to. The boots were $109 on sale. My sister said they also used a coupon from the paper plus my aunt got a senior discount so they were more like $50, which is way more in my price range. Then I went to Marshalls and what do I see for $49.99?!?! Yes. That's right. Black EMU's in my size. I tried one on and then went to find an employee to discuss my boot situation. The person I found happened to be the head of the shoe dept. She said if my boots were in good condition, which they were since I only wore them twice, I could return them. I bought the new pair and then went home and got my other boots. Went back to the store and did my return. When I got home for the 2nd time, my mom was home so I showed her my purchase. I tried them both on this time and they were two different boots. :| Yep. My mom tried them on and said the same thing. The left foot feels higher than the right. They are both comfy on their own but not so much when I have them both on. So...I drove back to the store, which is only 5 minutes from here, for the 3rd time. The shoe lady thought I was a crackhead. She said they are the same shoe. Yes but not when you have them on. She called two stores and they only had the all leather ones that were $79.99. I might as well go back to the dept store with a coupon for that price.

So now I'm stuck with a pair of boots that I love only but don't fit right and no other boots since I returned the other ones. :sigh: I was going to just keep the cheaper ones since I really didn't want to spend more money this month but once I tried my sister's on last night that really confirmed that I just did not get what I wanted and wasn't going to be happy this winter with those boots.

I wonder if I stand on my left foot all night if they'll flatten out. :reject: My mom thought maybe since most people try on the right shoe, or at least that's what we both do, that maybe the right one was just a little flatter on the inside. :der:

I know....:coocoo: But I really do need boots this year. I have steps and a creepy hill to walk on outside at work plus and my work shoes are kitchen Crocs so I can't wear them outside....

Tomorrow: Dr., shopping, decorating tree, wrapping.............nervous breakdown :crack:
I was asked if I could work tomorrow and Christmas Eve morning. I considered Christmas Eve morning, but passed in the end cuz of a lovely winter storm heading our way.

I believe we are selling EMU's. I remember passing the table.

I got my boots from Shoe Carnival. They are not cute, they are not fashionable, they are boots to shovel.

Can't say I am a fan of any shoes at this point. I have been wearing Curves rocker bottom shoes since the broken leg and have not had problems. I just bought a new pair and my knee and leg and foot = not happy.

^my sister shopped at a store in your store's family....starts with an H :flirt:

The only good thing, if you can call it that, about snow this week is so many people have off or shortened days, that the traffic won't be as bad.

^my sister shopped at a store in your store's family....starts with an H :flirt:

The only good thing, if you can call it that, about snow this week is so many people have off or shortened days, that the traffic won't be as bad.

Ahhhhhh the H store. On behalf of my company I thank you for your support :applaud:

of course I just looked at yahoo NFL and saw that Favre was going to be pulled for trusty #7. Honestly, I'd rather just have Brett in the game if that's the situation because I don't think Tavaris would have done jack crap. Might as well let the chosen one stick it out.

I am getting really tired of everyone placing the blame on him for losing the 3 games we have lost. Why did our defense let the other team score so many times? What did Adrian do after his 1 touchdown? Sidney dropped a ball that could have possibly made it's way in the endzone. Our kicker missed a field goal. Three points is three points. Especially if our defense hadn't given up so many points late in the game. So losing last night was not because Brett Favre is our quarterback and is following some sort of pattern of losing in Dec.

Holy crap how times have changed. :crack: I'm defending Brett Favre. Hell really has frozen over........

that's all. I'm done now, really. Not even going to Twitter tonight because the Vikings tweets have been out of control in recent weeks so I can only imagine what they have to say tonight.

Ahhhhhh the H store. On behalf of my company I thank you for your support :applaud:

I love it there. I used to work at CPS a long time ago and then they left MN. My first layoff at 19 :happy: H came in a few years later and everyone kept saying how it reminded them on CPS. :der: Because it's the same company! Yellow dot sale! They are mainly in St Paul so I don't go there too often. There has a been a rumor for years that H is going to build a store in a newer area that is right in my backyard that I go to all the time but so far nothing....

My aunt bought my beautiful PURPLE gloves there :drool: I looked for a matching scarf today but of course they had every color but p-u-r-p-l-e :sad:

of course I just looked at yahoo NFL and saw that Favre was going to be pulled for trusty #7. Honestly, I'd rather just have Brett in the game if that's the situation because I don't think Tavaris would have done jack crap. Might as well let the chosen one stick it out.

I am getting really tired of everyone placing the blame on him for losing the 3 games we have lost. Why did our defense let the other team score so many times? What did Adrian do after his 1 touchdown? Sidney dropped a ball that could have possibly made it's way in the endzone. Our kicker missed a field goal. Three points is three points. Especially if our defense hadn't given up so many points late in the game. So losing last night was not because Brett Favre is our quarterback and is following some sort of pattern of losing in Dec.

Holy crap how times have changed. :crack: I'm defending Brett Favre. Hell really has frozen over........

that's all. I'm done now, really. Not even going to Twitter tonight because the Vikings tweets have been out of control in recent weeks so I can only imagine what they have to say tonight.

I have taken a new dislike for Favre.

Per ESPN, the first one came on October 5 against the Packers, after Favre audibled to a long pass late in a game that the Vikings led by 10 points with 3:27 to play. We criticized the decision at the time, though it wasn't clear whether Childress called the deep pass at a time when the Vikes could have milked the clock, or whether Favre had changed the play at the line in order to further "stick it" to Green Bay G.M. Ted Thompson.Chilldress reportedly was furious, but offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell persuaded Chilly to chill out.

:down: I really have lost a ton of respect for that tractor rider. Don't honestly care if he gets his # retired or ever goes into Hall Of Fame as a Packer. He can go as a Viking for all I care.

ETA: The only coach to ever control Favre's antics was Holmgren. Favre ruled the roost during the Sherman, Rhodes time. McCarthy..............I think tried, but failed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-previously-tried-twice-to-bench-favre-twice/

I love it there. I used to work at CPS a long time ago and then they left MN. My first layoff at 19 :happy: H came in a few years later and everyone kept saying how it reminded them on CPS. :der: Because it's the same company! Yellow dot sale! They are mainly in St Paul so I don't go there too often. There has a been a rumor for years that H is going to build a store in a newer area that is right in my backyard that I go to all the time but so far nothing....

My aunt bought my beautiful PURPLE gloves there :drool: I looked for a matching scarf today but of course they had every color but p-u-r-p-l-e :sad:

We had a H switch nameplates to BS...........I still :heart: our initals :cute:

:barf: work tomorrow, earlier than normal. I went in today for just a few hours to do a couple of things and to survey the damage from the weekend. I liked working 10-12:30. I wish those were my hours more often :reject:

:love:

I watched that the other night. I've had a mash-up of the song and Final Countdown (I have no explanation) stuck in my head ever since.

the Final Countdown is evil. Please don't ever type those words again! :angry:

:flirt:

I've had a lovely mix of random songs in my head the past few days but mainly the George Michael Christmas song. I don't know the name but he says the word "special" in a whisper that my coworker seems to think is the funniest thing ever and walks around saying "special" all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom