The Crystal Ballroom Admiration Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:D continue

Sent from my ass crack

Yikes, over 1000 posts about the marvelous CB, and threads for other songs which have been around for much longer are in the 2 and 300's.

That speaks volumes for this gem of a song.

The Crystal Ballroom Bandwagon Thread

This is actually incorrect.

Gemstones are rare pieces of minerals that are found in the ground, which are then cut and polished to be used in jewelry and other decorative pieces. Crystals are pure substances whose atoms, molecules, or ions are arranged in an ordered pattern, where they extend in all three spatial dimensions.

A more apt compliment would be that Crystal Ballroom is a "diamond" of a song (though salt or snowflake would also work).

I would like to say that despite I admire this song like nothing from U2 for a long time, there is one particular thing at the end which I don´t know how to describe...:) :)

I wonder if dansmee and gvox would help me :wave:

This is actually incorrect.

Gemstones are rare pieces of minerals that are found in the ground, which are then cut and polished to be used in jewelry and other decorative pieces. Crystals are pure substances whose atoms, molecules, or ions are arranged in an ordered pattern, where they extend in all three spatial dimensions.

A more apt compliment would be that Crystal Ballroom is a "diamond" of a song (though salt or snowflake would also work).

[cori]
Lucille-Bluth-Eye-Roll-Arrested-Development-GIF.gif
[/cori]

Last edited:
Yikes, over 1000 posts about the marvelous CB, and threads for other songs which have been around for much longer are in the 2 and 300's.

Not really. Go through and read the thread. how many of those posts are actually about the song? Most of it is just Interference being Interference.

The song is awesome though, but the last thread was just a complete trainwreck

I think this song is a great example of edge saying "fuck this how are we gonna play this live"

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I've now listened to this long maybe 4 or 5 times now. It's fucking brilliant. There are things I would change—like adding a layer of falsetto to the chorus—but outside of The Troubles this is the best song they've done in years.

I hope this song doesn't just go by the wayside like "Lady with the Spinning Head" and "Your Blue Room," two other fucking brilliant songs that nobody's heard.

The verse should have come back one more time at the end....but yeah it's really good. Crystal ballroom tour it is!:lol:

When I first heard the title Crystal Ballroom I kind of had a hunch that it was going to sound like something that could have been on Pop. A dance groove that I could see in the tour back to back with Discotheque.

Brilliant, brilliant song the more I listen the more I plain think it's my favorite song by them in years... as someone earlier said I too hope it doesn't go the way of LWTSH. If there's any one thing I'd like to see a bit different is maybe Edges solo.... please don't take this as i hate it or anything, I just wish it wasnt so subdued.

Back
Top Bottom