The concern over Milan DVD...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coemgen said:
When does the Milan DVD come out?

Anyone . . . Anyone . . . Bueller . . . Bueller.

I was there that night (by the way, this is the most incredible u2 show i have ever seen in my whole life.........)
When Bono asked to light up the cellphones he said : "You look like a Christmas Tree!"

So, who knows, maybe it may come out next month around the 25th???

ZooMacPhisto800 said:
You must remember that you have a bias.

If we were to do a poll with objective questions like "do you think that a windmill and wooden slippers would make for good U2 DVD footage?", I'm confident that this board's overwhelming response would be "no".
i'm telling you one more time. stop with the anti-dutch comments. i'm not even dutch and i find them incredibly offensive, all right? cut it out.

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

You must remember that you have a bias.

If we were to do a poll with objective questions like "do you think that a windmill and wooden slippers would make for good U2 DVD footage?", I'm confident that this board's overwhelming response would be "no".

Of course, you don't have bias, do you? Oh, no, of course you don't. You have downright racism. :|

Re: Re: Re: The concern over Milan DVD...

GibsonGirl said:

How about the moment that features Bono hitting one of Larry's cymbals with his microphone and receiving the icy glare of doom? :wink:

that is number 6 :wink:

My only concern over the Milan DVD is that the set didn't close with 40... 40 would have been MAGICAL...

80,000 enthusied Italians chanting "How long" -- that would have been incredible...

OpperGoeroe said:
U2 should never release a "Live in [American city]" DVD again.

I would not be surprised if we're getting the "Live from New York" DVD next time.

bono_man2002 said:

I'm curious to why they haven't put one out from New York :hmm:

I tell you, they love New York so much, they will leave NYC till the FINAL concert. I bet my chance on getting into the Ellispe that it's gonna be something like U2: Farewell from New York. (I remember seeing my dad's The Eagles: Farewell from Melbourne). Why do you think they haven't touched NYC in all their 20++ years of touring? But bring up odd countries like Sydney that have no connection to them? NYC will let them walk out with a bang. Bono can tell all his NYC experiences "I remember when we first came to New York, twas the first state we ever visited. We were only 17,18 then :blahblah:..."

Setlist? Walk on will be included. So will Kite ("Don't wanna see you cry, I know that this is not goodbye")

Sorry, I got carried away. The possibilities for this are endless. Hopefully I'll be old enough to direct it. But then again, I might just make it a Adam: Live from NYC kinda thing:wink:

Bonochick said:
Enough with the rude replies, ZooMacPhisto800.

To my Dutch and New Zealand friends, I apologize. I've just been joking all along and have purposefully chosen the most lame/irrelevant insults possible. I know that this is not always obvious when reading text on a screen but the lame nature of the insults should've forced you to conclude that "this guy is an idiot".

Thanks,

ZooMacphisto800

ZooMacPhisto800 said:
To my Dutch and New Zealand friends, I apologize. I've just been joking all along and have purposefully chosen the most lame/irrelevant insults possible. I know that this is not always obvious when reading text on a screen but the lame nature of the insults should've forced you to conclude that "this guy is an idiot".
just for future reference, joking or not, racist comments here are NOT welcome. and you definitely shouldn't have continued after i asked you to stop. your apology is accepted, though.

i don't know why anyone is 'concerned' about any of these dvd's. personally, i'm pretty thrilled to get anything to document the tour. there was a time when we got nothing, now we get 2 a tour. and we're 'concerned'. too many edits, bono didn't hit that note just right, they should have included this song not that song, blah blah blah...
it's a souvenir. sounds and looks just great, beer in hand, amp on 11, fist pumping. :rockon:

KhanadaRhodes said:

just for future reference, joking or not, racist comments here are NOT welcome. and you definitely shouldn't have continued after i asked you to stop. your apology is accepted, though.

I wouldn't call them "racist" comments... stereotypes/generalizations maybe.

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

Leave it to the guy from Holland to throw out the anti-American propaganda. Let me tell you this my friend... a windmill and wooden slippers doesn't make for good U2 DVD footage.

america sucks and the worst thing about u2 is they like america. i have been there. it sucks. go kill some more innocent people cool guy.

jeffschmid said:

america sucks and the worst thing about u2 is they like america. i have been there. it sucks. go kill some more innocent people cool guy.

i'm from america and i like it. the best thing about u2 is that they like america so much.

jeffschmid said:

Comments like that are also inappropriate.

If this sort of behavior continues, this thread will be closed.

I wanted 40 to close the Milan DVD, I believe it would have been the best version of 40 ever...

I don't know why U2 didn't close with 40...

I've also seen the Milan Clips and they look really good. I think that you just can't compare the Milan show to the Chicago show, two different worlds. As for the most concerts in Europe, the crowd seems to be really into it, fantastic atmosphere in comparision to the sleeping crowd in Chicago.

I think that they will release the show in one year, before Christmas 2006.

I think Milan really needs to be released because the Chicago DVD just plain sucked..........I loved Elevation: Boston, but wowsers, the filming on the Chicago concerts was just plain abysmal.

well, i've seen U2 in the US, in Canada, and in Europe, and the best crowd i've seen was in Philadelphia. the people in my section knew all the words to both "an cat dubh" and "yahweh" -- that's a real fan. i think it comes down to the fact that in certain cities with a highly monied elite -- like in NYC, SF, Paris, London, etc. -- you are going to get lots of people in the crowd who are there because they were connected enough to get this year's hot ticket, as opposed to being big fans. for pete's sake, at the DC show i saw women there wearing pearls. ugh. however, in a more blue-collar town, like Philadelphia, like Pittsburgh, you are going to get the diehards who are damn well going to get their money's worth.

i think the Chicago CD looks great, and visually it might be their most beautiful tour ever, but it is a little emotionally empty, but i think that's the band's fault. Bono's voice was much better at the other Vertigo concerts i saw, and my brother was at the May 9th show, and he said it was easily the worst U2 show he's ever been to -- though he said the 2nd round of Chicago concerts in September were AMAZING.

so, before we toss out generalizations about entire countries, let's keep in mind that, at the end of the day, it does come down to the band.

i also would like to say that there are many people out there who make blanket statements about the US that would be 100% unacceptable if it were applied to any other country on earth. this is not to support, in any way, ZooMacPhisto's silly comments, but simply to say that casual, unthinking America-bashing isn't any more correct than casual, unthinking New Zealand/Netherlands/UK/France/etc. bashing.

Irvine511 said:
so, before we toss out generalizations about entire countries, let's keep in mind that, at the end of the day, it does come down to the band.

:yes:

i also would like to say that there are many people out there who make blanket statements about the US that would be 100% unacceptable if it were applied to any other country on earth. this is not to support, in any way, ZooMacPhisto's silly comments, but simply to say that casual, unthinking America-bashing isn't any more correct than casual, unthinking New Zealand/Netherlands/UK/France/etc. bashing.

Thank you for pointing this out. Again, you are exactly right.
Irvine makes the best posts. :drool:

What about U2: Live In Chile? The South Americans have gotten the shaft for far too long, and many consider them to be the best crowd at any U2 show. When U2 play there in '06, it MUST be taped. :wink:

Irvine511 said:
well, i've seen U2 in the US, in Canada, and in Europe, and the best crowd i've seen was in Philadelphia.

funny how this works. I saw them in Philly on 5-14 and I thought it was the most lifeless crowd I saw on the tour. Chicago was alright for me, but I thought the NY and DC crowds were the best.

The Philly crowd did sing along really loud, but there was no absolutely no movement. Everyone was standing still. At least in my opinion.

Maybe it was just that night though. I heard the DC crowd on 10-19 really sucked, but when I went on 10-20 there was that electricity in the air.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom