The Boom Boom Room (Yes, it's Bono's Thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have embed options for twitter, vine and soundcloud now but still no instagram. You can't even right click>save them! Maybe a screenshot?

Right click on the image --> View Page source.

Scroll down to line 112 (at least in this code)

There you'll find the url and you can copy and paste it in your browser bar.
Right click save and your done.

For the lazy among us :

11381454_1465920337053148_1825003323_n.jpg

Right click on the image --> View Page source.

Scroll down to line 112 (at least in this code)

There you'll find the url and you can copy and paste it in your browser bar.
Right click save and your done.

Domo, how do you know which line is the image you want? I tried it and couldn't figure out which url is the one you want.

I do it this way, might be easier! Right click the image and choose "view page info" (not page source).

There will be tabs in the box that pops up, choose the MEDIA tag.

You now have a lot less lines of code to sift through (usually only about 10-15), and the best thing is that it shows you the actual picture of each one in the preview box. Find the one you want and there's a "save as" button. :)

I do it this way, might be easier! Right click the image and choose "view page info" (not page source).

You now have a lot less lines of code to sift through (usually only about 10-15), and the best thing is that it shows you the actual picture of each one in the preview box. Find the one you want and there's a "save as" button. :)

Thanks ladies,

I noticed that if you drag the link of the pic to a new tab in your browser, copy it from there, you'll have the link to the pic itself. Seems to be on facebook's server, so I don't worry to much about being bad deeplinking this. :sexywink:

Nice pic! :love:

Yeah, I personally think it's one of the better ones of his 'unfortunately he's aging'-days. :reject:

Still am kinda sad I wasn't paying much attention in these days:

11357887_392598657611568_1380291248_n.jpg

.. or in these

11357857_480114945483319_1324451391_n.jpg

:combust:

Haha me too on the first pic. I was paying close attention by the second one. :shifty:

And yes, you can drag the link straight into your address bar if you don't want to actually save the picture. It's still a lot easier to find when you use the "view page info" and media tab. (Unless I'm not understanding something in domo's method!)

Oh learning from the best crook on the forum comet!
I never changed the tab to media before. Saves a lot of trouble.
Reading html and CSS is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. But time saving is always welcome when hunting for pictures on instagram and the like.

Somehow this made me think of this thread. Lol

https://instagram.com/p/5cxqvcy5FQ/

I was about to log in to post the exact same link! Love how the hair's getting it's own life. :happydance:
And the rest of the vid is awesome!

(is there a way to embed instagram?)

Yes and no. With some effort you can embed Instagram pics, but not (yet?) the videos:
Right click the image and choose "view page info" (not page source).

.. Or drag the link to the adress bar, copy the link and you can use that to post the image here directly.

Last edited:
Still need some work to get used to old current B :reject: , but this one's really helping! :rockon:

(Sorry for bringing Alicia into our room!)

10932474_882089018534868_980500273_n.jpg

Needed something to get this one out of my head :eek: :huh:
It really isn't good!
Okay, if you insist!

It actually is someone's ava here :angry:
(And am finding out if this is really B! See here.)

Last edited:
yeah i hear you, BD

but i did not look at your second spoiler photo! :no:

with the certain angles of photos and twinkling eyes and a open smile (vs a more smirky one) he still got it ! :drool:
thank goodness
so far I think edge is aging better than B whether mix of genetics, lifestyle etc :shrug: If Bono is #1 for me Edge is my# 1 1/2 :D

luckily i was seriuosy paying attention By JT time ! (oh dear lordy) and some what before too :)

ETA
alicia who? if you mean Alicia Keys she's welcome here too :) imo

Last edited:
The spoiler pic is definitely him. It's pretty old and has been posted here lots of times along with many more from that day. IMO it's fine and has a place here as much as any other pic. :sexywink: Remember this thread is all Bono all the time, and I do mean all of him. Besides, I really don't give a flying firetruck that his body doesn't look like a greek god ideal or something. :up: And that's what I have to say about that. :wink:

No worries, Dazz, the (awful) pic is only in the 4th spoiler in that row. :hyper:
Awesome that you didn't look :bow:, I'm way too curious for that.
Edited: Comet posted at the same time. So I guess, you've probably already seen it.

Edited 2: Sorry Comet, as a newby in this fangirl thing, I know I only can blame myself for not becoming one earlier. And you're right, Bono all the time works well for me too! But I'm not removing the next comment though! ;-)

It's really sad that the lighting of the stage doesn't do B very well. Most pics I like are taken in daylight, in particular the ones in which you can see his eyes and some sort of a smile. :camera::bono:

And yeah, this is not the right place to confess :giggle:, but the others age a little bit nicer than our favorite character. Edge sure does, but I also start feeling some :heart: for Adam, as he really seems to enjoy this tour. I only see pics of him laughing and having fun.

And man, do I like skinny guys... :drool:.

Don't tell B! :reject:

Last edited:
All in the eyes of the beholder I guess. To my eyes Bono still looks best. :p

For me, Adam has aged the most. And I don't see the whole Larry hasn't aged thing. :shrug:
:D
All in the eyes of the beholder!

Yes and no. With some effort you can embed Instagram pics, but not (yet?) the videos:

.. Or drag the link to the adress bar, copy the link and you can use that to post the image here directly.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

All in the eyes of the beholder I guess. To my eyes Bono still looks best. :p

For me, Adam has aged the most. And I don't see the whole Larry hasn't aged thing. :shrug:
:D
All in the eyes of the beholder!

Oh, most def! B stays no 1 for me, that'll never change.
But keep in mind that I started as a fangirl and catching up his 35 years in the spotlight only two months ago - so the aging came quite quick for me ;-) - by drooling in (t)his room. Will never leave it for the castle!
Unless B's moving into one and I can come along! ;-)

Yes, Adam also aged a lot, but his current cheer and great outfits makes him look so much younger.
Save to say here, but I never understood the whole Larry hype, young and old! ;-) :shrug:

Okay, back to B! Love that last Revo pic!

:sexywink: Remember this thread is all Bono all the time, and I do mean all of him. Besides, I really don't give a flying firetruck that his body doesn't look like a greek god ideal or something. :up: And that's what I have to say about that. :wink:

I completely agree! :wink:

Oh, most def! B stays no 1 for me, that'll never change.
But keep in mind that I started as a fangirl and catching up his 35 years in the spotlight only two months ago - so the aging came quite quick for me ;-) - by drooling in (t)his room. Will never leave it for the castle!
Unless B's moving into one and I can come along! ;-)

Yes, Adam also aged a lot, but his current cheer and great outfits makes him look so much younger.
Save to say here, but I never understood the whole Larry hype, young and old! ;-) :shrug:

Okay, back to B! Love that last Revo pic!

Well, that much change is a bit of as shock in a such short time! :lol: :hug:

Adam was haVInG greet time at 360, too, from what I saw!
Actually for this tour his wild hair sort reminds me of the fro! :lol: i thinkit works well on stage!

yes sometimes stage lighting is not always good for B!

Yes I ve been very lucky to get closer and closer to B in 2001, 2005 outside MSG and finally met him ( as I define a meet) Letterman in 2011 ?
But all the near meets & meeting etc further away from lighting at night, or in shade during the day I have yet to see his blue eyes!

My goal for the next waiting in afternoon at MSG along with a :sigh: :pray: GA!

if you're invited to his new Castle hope you'll bring us along! :lol: :drool: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom